Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catspyjamas)
    I have applied for HSPS at Cambridge, Anthropology at Edinburgh and Bristol and Archaeology at Cardiff and Nottingham. So far I've got offers from Cardiff and Nottingham, both for ABB which is lovely....but without wanting to get too hopeful, I'd love an offer from Bristol! I've sort of written off Cambridge because my UMS marks are comparatively not great and the whole application/written work/prospect of interview is stressing me oouuuttt! So yeah, Edinburgh and Bristol, please hear my prayer? :P They both look awesome to me. Anyone else heard from them?
    All I've had from Bristol is an email saying they probably won't reply to me until after the January deadline. The course still says subject to approval so I guess they are waiting until January to see how many applicants they get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colle009)
    All I've had from Bristol is an email saying they probably won't reply to me until after the January deadline. The course still says subject to approval so I guess they are waiting until January to see how many applicants they get.
    yeah, I've had an email that's similar by the sounds of it. You're probably right, guess we've just got to keep our fingers crossed till January

ReputationRep:
    I've got conditional offers from Bristol (Arch & Anth) and UCL (Anthropology)
    Congrats to everyone else who has got offers already
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by xMadabix)
    Congratulations, that's great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations I got mine from UCL today! Any ideas on firm and insurance?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks both of you, and congrats colle
    Not sure yet :/ I like all the universities I have applied to!
    I really like Durham but I think I'll be waiting a while to see whether I get an offer.
    Do you have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks both of you, and congrats colle
    Not sure yet :/ I like all the universities I have applied to!
    I really like Durham but I think I'll be waiting a while to see whether I get an offer.
    Do you have any ideas?
    Definitely ucl firm but then I don't know about insurance all the rest have a similar amount of pros and cons
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Got my offer from Kent for Biological Anthropology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg ucl when did you send your application? Literally ****ting myself I loveee ucl what were your grades also? Sorry for all the questions I'm so scared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catspyjamas)
    I have applied for HSPS at Cambridge, Anthropology at Edinburgh and Bristol and Archaeology at Cardiff and Nottingham. So far I've got offers from Cardiff and Nottingham, both for ABB which is lovely....but without wanting to get too hopeful, I'd love an offer from Bristol! I've sort of written off Cambridge because my UMS marks are comparatively not great and the whole application/written work/prospect of interview is stressing me oouuuttt! So yeah, Edinburgh and Bristol, please hear my prayer? :P They both look awesome to me. Anyone else heard from them?
    In the same position to do with UMS! I didn't realise it was such a big deal until I was in the process of applying hopefully Bristol won't take too much longer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marm-alade)
    Omg ucl when did you send your application? Literally ****ting myself I loveee ucl what were your grades also? Sorry for all the questions I'm so scared!
    I sent my application in early October
    My grades were AAAB at AS and my offer is AAA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Got my offer from Kent for Biological Anthropology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations! Are you going to a visit day? Mine at kent is the 4th December

ReputationRep:
    Awh tell me about it haha! Some of my ums marks are probably laughable in the eyes of an admissions tutor :L ooh well. Although yeah, I do hope Edinburgh and Bristol get a shift on!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Congratulations! Are you going to a visit day? Mine at kent is the 4th December
    Thank you, congratulations to you also I'm not entirely sure yet! I would most probably be choosing to go on the 4th though

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh well done

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from Bristol last week for arch and anth, so you will probably get an offer soon good luck

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here applying to do Arch & Anth at UCL or are you guys just straight Arch/straight Anth? Congrats on your offers btw!
    I only ask because I was sent a questionnaire to fill out, of which the deadline was today (13th), so I'm supposing this is just for joint applicants?

I got three offers (already!!) ABB from Liverpool and BBB from both Manchester and Exeter, but I'm predicted three As.
    Just waiting on Oxford (sent off written work and apparently gonna be bricking it waiting for interview for the next month ) and UCL obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariaKaehne)
    I am considering Ancient History and Archaeology at Manchester! Think the course sounds brilliant, did you go to any of their open days?
    Got an offer today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiMG)
    Got an offer today

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aw wow, congratulations! Am very happy for you! Was it unconditional!? And are you gonna firm it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariaKaehne)
    aw wow, congratulations! Am very happy for you! Was it unconditional!? And are you gonna firm it?
    I don't know - it's one of my lower grade choices so I'm gonna wait and see what happens - I'm hoping to put it as insurance I think it's conditional BBB - have you applied yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 2, 2014

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.