Turn on thread page Beta

I'd be satisfied with an annual salary of £15,000, even at peak watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xaki90)
    What exactly do you do and how many years of experience do you have if you don't mind me asking?
    Haha, I'm ancient; I'm 27. I came to Britain in Feb 2011 (having worked in the finance industry back home in Australia).

I work in higher education now, liaising with industry in respect of sponsored students. Before I started this job, I'd worked for another HE institution in London for 15 months. I am, of course, also a student (part-time LLB).

Universities are a marvelous place to work, I love my job and it pays quite well for the work I do. It's very flexible and I have a lot of autonomy in terms of using my own initiative. I really enjoy working with companies and with our students.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, you're only poor if you choose to be. No matter how much money you earn, one day we're all going to be buried in the ground with the same old concrete slab behind you. So, £10,000 - £100,00 as long as you know how to live on that wage, you'll do just fine.

I think its a state of mind. I know a guy who must be close to 35 and has barely had a job in his life. He still lives at home in his mothers house. He has been a student pretty much all his life and i think his last course was a Masters degree in sweet FA or something. But he still seems to have a decent social life, a fit GF and occasional holidays. Give it a few more years and it wont be worth his while looking for a job since it seems he has missed the boat !

I mean at 35 what can you tell a prospective employer regarding what you have been doing for the last 2.5 decades and more?

Sure you eed some money to survive but life is for living too. Whats the point of slaving just to buy stuff? Whats the point of saving or investing? inflation and the taxman will rob you of it.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.