Is it okay to be 18 and be in a relationship with a 16 year old? Watch

gypsyclimber
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im 19 and my boyfriend is 26 - we've been together 2 and a half years so.... I think it's absolutely fine. Don't let people dictate age difference issues to you, and it's a totally different situation for every couple based on maturity/where you're at in life etc. If she makes you happy, then why the hell not?
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Of course, it's pretty normal
manchesterunited15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gypsyclimber)
Im 19 and my boyfriend is 26 - we've been together 2 and a half years so.... I think it's absolutely fine. Don't let people dictate age difference issues to you, and it's a totally different situation for every couple based on maturity/where you're at in life etc. If she makes you happy, then why the hell not?
So it was a 16/17 year old with a 23/24 year old? That's a bit weird.
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lotus_Eater)
Right! Me neither, it took a lot of goes to spell Botticelli correctly!
Haha it does. To be honest, I had to google who Botticelli was lol
xsindy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
...why not?
REASON_Lighters
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(n+2)/7 rule
gypsyclimber
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by manchesterunited15)
For you perhaps, but neither our families or our friends EVER thought it was weird (and some of them thought it would be). When we are together you would never know there was an age difference, as we are both the same maturity, same needs and time in life at the moment and the age just doesn't come into it whatsoever. You can't judge an age difference unless you know the two people concerned, as it is entirely subject to maturity/time in life etc. We've been together for nearly 3 years now, so we must be doing something right...
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gypsyclimber)
For you perhaps, but neither our families or our friends EVER thought it was weird (and some of them thought it would be). When we are together you would never know there was an age difference, as we are both the same maturity, same needs and time in life at the moment and the age just doesn't come into it whatsoever. You can't judge an age difference unless you know the two people concerned, as it is entirely subject to maturity/time in life etc. We've been together for nearly 3 years now, so we must be doing something right...
Fair enough
DeceitfulDove
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yep totally fine. When my boyfriend was 18 I was 15. Still together now at 25 and 22.
nic-nac
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was an 18 year old in a relationship with a 16 year for a short time (he's not much more than a year younger than me).
bazookabrad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Leah987)
ooh wats the bad news anyway??
she had daddy issues, and he took advantage of that
Treeroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The half your age plus seven rule is completely stupid, however this is definitely fine. She's in sixth form, it's cool

(Original post by manchesterunited15)
I have a friend in that situation and she's fine, she's 17 and her boyfriend is 23.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wavelength)
I'm 18 and at uni, and I'm in an open (I'm not here for a lecture on that), relationship with a 16 year old in year 12. Is 2 years a big difference? Thanks
That's fine, she's legal, she's game. I'd be far more concerned that you have an open relationship which raises a mirade of issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (53)
14.36%
The paper was reasonable (185)
50.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (90)
24.39%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads