Would you rather live in the country or in the city? Watch

Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
Now you're back, you can feel happy again
I was so sad at one point, just so sad, but I am a little happier now

Please reply to my pm :cry2: :ashamed2:
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
City when I'm young and the countryside when I'm retired.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
City, because I've lived in London all my life and couldn't imagine living elsewhere
Platinum Mech
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I generally prefer cities because they often just have so many more interesting people, opportunities, entertainment, etc. than the countryside.
Alfissti
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd love to have 2 homes, a nice and posh city flat and a nice house in the countryside. Alas at this moment in time it isn't feasible for me to do that due to needing to be based in 2 countries.

When I'm in Bergen, I have a home in a somewhat further away suburb, it's about 20km to the city centre, it's somewhat best of both worlds, live off a minor road, fairly quiet except when a boat or ship goes by. Not a big place though mine is just an acre.

When I'm based in England, I live in a small Cotswold village, it's about 20 miles away from Oxford. Everyone knows everyone around here, in the winter time when it is snowing my eldest daughter is the one who has to check on our 2 neighbours who are in their 70s and 80s whether they still alive or not. It's definitely one of the downsides, just about everyone is an old fogey or on the verge of becoming one. Internet connections in out of town areas in England lags when compared to those in Norway and you can forget about 4G coverage in most rural areas, at times it does feel like I'm in a 3rd world country because my iPhone 5 on EE would actually have 1 bar for reception or sometimes none at all. Fibre internet isn't fantastic either as though it says up to 38MB, it's rarely ever half that, definitely enough to test my patience. Distance is definitely an issue but I view it as a good thing as it gives me a good reason to buy better cars

Someday I'll but myself a tudor styled home in the countryside that has 200 acres of land and will plant it with trees, make a pond and several manicured gardens, won't be happening any time soon obviously
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chukkeigh)
I am pretty sure there was another user with the name "meenu" or am I going crazy?
I am still here. Unfortunately someone decided they wanted the same name as me. But I promise TSR it wasn't me.
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
I am still here. Unfortunately someone decided they wanted the same name as me. But I promise TSR it wasn't me.
Are you sure about that?
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thoyub)
Are you sure about that?
Yes. You can get the Mods to do an IP check if you don't believe me.
emobambam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
in the country or in a city park
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Name:  Funny-Pictures-2014-City-vs.-Country.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  112.4 KB
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Given the choice of just the two, I'd prefer the city. But ideally I'd prefer just a reasonably sized town with good transport links.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
City Center for me.

As a student it means that there are no transport costs, there is more to do and the convenience of having a range of shops is much higher.
dBousfield
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've lived in the Lake District for most of my life and now, at this age, I'm definitely looking forward to moving to university to a city. The country is undoubtedly nicer but in terms of services and things to do it really is lacking. However that's not to say I wouldn't move back to somewhere "country", all really depends on what your needs are at that specific time I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheOriginalAng
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
Hehehe
Nothing much I was feeling pretty sad

Cities smell of smoke and pollution and cars. I hate them. Yeah, but the animal poop is mixed with the aroma of flowers and country air Which makes it better. And you only smell poop if you live near a farm, anyway!
Sad times
Hope it's better now

Ah, the sweet scent of pollution; I always miss it when I'm gone.
But seriously, can you actually smell it? I can't.
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
Yes. You can get the Mods to do an IP check if you don't believe me.
Ok, I guess i'll just ignore that PM from meenu88 saying they were you.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thoyub)
Ok, I guess i'll just ignore that PM from meenu88 saying they were you.
If I wanted to make a dupe, do you really I would be that stupid to make it that name? Come on thoyub, I know you what you think of us girls but really?! Like I said, if the Mods discovered it was me I would have got warning points for it. Go ahead, get me checked if you want
sjrahman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Suburbs/countryside... As a Physics enthusiast I hate the bloody light pollution in London! I look up and am lucky if I see 2 stars
Plainview
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The country. There is no contest.
Manitude
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheOriginalAng)
I'm all for community spirit but doesn't it ever feel like everyone's in your business?
Nah, I keep myself to myself. Pretty much the only time my neighbours hear/see me is when I deliver the christmas cards and play guitar (my amp doesn't have a 'quiet' setting, it's either loud of VERY loud)
yaboy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How the hell can you enjoy living in the country unless you have 10 rallys cars/quad bikes/ Dirt bike?

I mean I wouldn't mind buying a house in the country, but to live there?

Nahhhh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads