Professions where being gay is a no-no Watch

darius12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gjaykay)
For everyone saying sport, it isn't all sports,

Darren Young, a WWE Wrestler, came out in August 2013 and people only cared for a few days to congratulate him, now no one cares.

Male sports isn't the problem, it's dumbass fans too stupid to accept someone regardless of their sexuality. As I would imagine is the case in say Football or Rugby.
Rugby is the best expression of male homoeroticism ever..
Currymuncher3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The people at the airport who feel you up.
mmmpie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Except for rugby (Gareth Thomas) and boxing (Orlando Cruz), and more actors (Zachary Quinto/Neil Patrick Harris/...) than I care to name, and nobody in a boyband (Jaymi Hensley) has ever come out, and gay people are actually slightly overrepresented in parliament...

But the stereotypes don't match up, I'll give you that.

(Original post by Runninground)
Pretty much any 'macho'/ male dominated jobs- like truck drivers, pilots, engineer, CEO, fisherman, bin men etc.

Then you have ones like doctors- you wouldn't really want a gay doctor inspecting your bottom for piles or feeling your testicles for cancer or something... :/
Guess what? Gay men are still male and mostly do things which are male gender norms, including operating heavy machinery.

Really don't get why you'd be concerned about your doctor either, or even expect to know for that matter.
MostUncivilised
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lady Comstock)
- Actors (primarily action)
Actors!? Homosexuality is practically mandatory for them.

- Cabinet ministers
I don't think there's any particular reason why a gay man shouldn't be a cabinet minister. Peter Mandelson was. Also, there are a few prominent gay men in the House of Commons (Nick Boles, Nick Herbert, Chris Bryant)
PatrickB
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you think actors aren't gay. Take some drama school exercises in physical theatre. YouTube "DV8 theatre Strange Dreams of Monochrome Men". Thank me later.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP
wildrover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think gays will be very prevalent in professional sport as they seem to have other interests and tend to prefare female company to male company. And it would be acceptable for players to feel uncomfortable being naked around gays as they could be sexually attracted to them and it's no different to a women would feel getting undressed in front of a straight male.
shadowdweller
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by wildrover)
I don't think gays will be very prevalent in professional sport as they seem to have other interests and tend to prefare female company to male company.
Bit of a generalisation, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
wildrover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Bit of a generalisation, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh a bit and there will be more gay sportsman than have come out but not as many as in the general population, which I don't think is 10% as often stated.
shadowdweller
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by wildrover)
Yeh a bit and there will be more gay sportsman than have come out but not as many as in the general population, which I don't think is 10% as often stated.
It's hard to say really. 10% is the figure for LGB I believe, not just gay. Well, 5-8%, rather

Posted from TSR Mobile
alexmagpie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Runninground)
Pretty much any 'macho'/ male dominated jobs- like truck drivers, pilots, engineer, CEO, fisherman, bin men etc.

Then you have ones like doctors- you wouldn't really want a gay doctor inspecting your bottom for piles or feeling your testicles for cancer or something... :/
If you think that a doctor would be turned on by checking your haemmorhoids then you have a very lofty opinion of yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (535)
26.38%
The paper was reasonable (884)
43.59%
Not feeling great about that exam (395)
19.48%
It was TERRIBLE (214)
10.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise