Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deehee)
    Even if no one inside the British universities was British, so what ?
    You get inside university based on merit, not your nationality, or your race, or your religion or whatever.

Look at Japan and Korea. Everyone looks and sounds the same and they are very homogeneous and their society is boring because of it, and they also have the highest suicide rate in the world, so, there you go.
    My word you talk a load of rubbish. Suicide rate is not linked to homogeneity. Stop constructing fantasies to suit your racist, anti-European/white ideology. It is linked to social isolation due to various cultural aspects that are very prevalent in those societies. Factors they will deal with in the long run.

As long as those non-British students go back to their home countries after graduation, you are right, it matters not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    Firstly because the government allows hordes of foreign students to come here as a work around for economic migration because many of them then get internships (also encouraged by diversity policies) and then they stay. Utter and complete betrayal by our own leaders.
    I've just finished my postgrad study. Of the 50 odd international students, not one received an internship or a job

ReputationRep:
    I'm British and at university...

You realise international students pay higher fees that subsidise your education, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    I've just finished my postgrad study. Of the 50 odd international students, not one received an internship or a job
    It depends on the field, but I work in finance/accounting and believe me when I say there are hordes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I'm British and at university...

You realise international students pay higher fees that subsidise your education, right?
    That is good. It is as it should be. As long as they go back to their home country afterwards and do not become backdoor economic migrants there is no problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    It depends on the field, but I work in finance/accounting and believe me when I say there are hordes.
    There are hordes. But they're wont getting the internships or jobs due to changes in the visa issues.

ReputationRep:
    There are hordes. But they're wont getting the internships or jobs due to changes in the visa issues.
    We will see because I still see them around the offices. Maybe it takes a few years for the last ones to rotate out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    We will see because I still see them around the offices. Maybe it takes a few years for the last ones to rotate out.
    The visa issues were about 12 months ago. But a company will always take the best candidate.

It sounds to me like you've got sour grapes. You never got that internship/job because you weren't good enough. Not because you're a native.

ReputationRep:
    The visa issues were about 12 months ago. But a company will always take the best candidate.

It sounds to me like you've got sour grapes. You never got that internship/job because you weren't good enough. Not because you're a native.
    Ah yes, of course, here it is. A personal attack. That is what you guys are always left with. How original "maturestudent". 10/10 for predictability.

It is about preserving our unity and our race-cultural heritage in our homeland. Students have been backdoor economic migrants for years. I don't care about the internships, they could even do that, as long as they are not allowed to settle and their stay in the UK/Europe is temporary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    Ah yes, of course, here it is. A personal attack. That is what you guys are always left with. How original "maturestudent".

It is about preserving our unity and our race-cultural heritage in our homeland. Students have been backdoor economic migrant for years.
    You've raised an issue and seem to be turning it into an attack on foreign students. I'm merely trying to highlight reasons why you would feel like that.

I'm quite open about it. I support the governments changes to visa applications to stop international students from working in the UK, it improves my chances of employment.

I still however believe that bringing international students to the UK is a great economic boost.

iIf you're going to make an argument, bean enough to back it up, instead of skirting around the issue.

ReputationRep:
    You've raised an issue and seem to be turning it into an attack on foreign students. I'm merely trying to highlight reasons why you would feel like that.
    You did not highlight reason(s). You used a personal attack on me to discredit my argument. If you had been unclear why I made my original statement you could've just asked.

I'm quite open about it. I support the governments changes to visa applications to stop international students from working in the UK, it improves my chances of employment.

I still however believe that bringing international students to the UK is a great economic boost.

iIf you're going to make an argument, bean enough to back it up, instead of skirting around the issue.
    What am I skirting around? Go read any of my posts on this forum. I am very clear what my issue is.

As long as foreign non-European students (edit) DO NOT result in long term settlement I am fine with them spending money here. However, no economic argument will ever be worth the sacrifice of our race-cultural heritage. Somethings like your dignity, integrity and heritage is priceless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    You did not highlight reason(s). You used a personal attack on me to discredit my argument. If you had been unclear why I made my original statement you could've just asked.

What am I skirting around? Go read any of my posts on this forum. I am very clear what my issue is.

As long as foreign non-European students (edit) DO NOT result in long term settlement I am fine with them spending money here. However, no economic argument will ever be worth the sacrifice of our race-cultural heritage. That heritage is priceless.
    The majority don't settle. Its the minority that settle.

ReputationRep:
    The majority don't settle. Its the minority that settle.
    Still too many given our low birth rates and the rest of the immigration problem. None should be allowed to settle. A small percentage of the population, maybe <5%, should be allowed to be long term, but still temporary, employees for key industries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    Still too many given our low birth rates and the rest of the immigration problem. None should be allowed to settle. A small percentage of the population, maybe <5%, should be allowed to be long term, but still temporary, employees for key industries.
    Which is exactly the situation that we currently have.

International students aren't a problem.

Theyre a pain in the arse to study with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deehee)
    Define British.

There is no collective British identity.
    Ooh, don't open that can of worms.

Prepare for the "you racist!" / "you brainwashed liberal!" insult battles to come out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    As long as foreign non-European students (edit) DO NOT result in long term settlement I am fine with them spending money here.
    What a terrible thing to say.

"Them".... that vermin! How dare people live and work in different areas of the world! What an outrage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)
    What a terrible thing to say.

"Them".... that vermin! How dare people live and work in different areas of the world! What an outrage!
    It is a wonderful sentiment you have there, and it would be great if it did not come at the expense of one group's heritage going extinct. This is not simply a matter of people moving. Europe has low birth rates and any influx drastically changes demographics to the long term detriment of the natives. Sovereign identity is the only thing that gives a people influence over their own destiny.

And at no point have I called anyone "vermin" or some other name. That is you calling them that. You are implying hate, not me. Everyone is perfectly allowed to exist but their existence cannot be expected to come at the price of another group's extinction.

Are you white European? If so you should have more forethought and respect for your own heritage. If you are not, stfu.

ReputationRep:
    Which is exactly the situation that we currently have.

International students aren't a problem.

Theyre a pain in the arse to study with.
    No it is not the same situation. The non-white proportion of UK is way more than 5%. In addition they are procreating at an increased rate. 25% of children born in the UK are not white-British. Obviously a percentage of that 25% is other Europeans, and returning Europeans from SA, Oz etc (but they all have sub 2.1 birth rates) but the changes can already be seen in London, Birmingham etc. Go read the census data;

http://boundaryassistant.org/census/censusstats.htm

And you will see how many areas are minority white. This is not a problem you can leave until we are a minority. It must be tackled today if we are to preserve our race-cultural heritage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    It is a wonderful sentiment you have there, and it would be great if it did not come at the expense of one group's heritage going extinct. This is not simply a matter of people moving. Europe has low birth rates and any influx drastically changes demographics to the long term detriment of the natives. Sovereign identity is the only thing that gives a people influence over their own destiny.

And at no point have I called anyone "vermin" or some other name. That is you calling them that. You are implying hate, not me. Everyone is perfectly allowed to exist but their existence cannot be expected to come at the price of another group's extinction.

Are you white European? If so you should have more forethought and respect for your own heritage. If you are not, stfu.
    Lol, no. I was satirising you.

I am indeed white European. If I wasn't, would that deprive me of the right to speak?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    No it is not the same situation. The non-white proportion of UK is way more than 5%. In addition they are procreating at an increased rate. 25% of children born in the UK are not white-British. Obviously a percentage of that 25% is other Europeans, and returning Europeans from SA, Oz etc (but they all have sub 2.1 birth rates) but the changes can already be seen in London, Birmingham etc. Go read the census data;

http://boundaryassistant.org/census/censusstats.htm

And you will see how many areas are minority white. This is not a problem you can leave until we are a minority. It must be tackled today if we are to preserve our race-cultural heritage.
    Youre a knob.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.