I completely agree, but what he achieves as an amateur is frankly impressive
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
Dat science tho

No, comsuming milk won't put your body under any stress or increase your chances of illness, you're body produces lactase and breaks lactose down to glucose and galactose, 2 naturally occuring sugars.

Leafy greens contain high levels of cellulose, which are can't be digested by humans without microbial assistance. As we don't have a large caecum and our Large intestines are small compared to the animal kingdom - lots of greens, will just add vast amounts of bulk to your poo.
Fruits are similar, but more readily digestible. However it takes approx 30 peaches to get the equivalent number of calories as a big mac for example.

You can be a healthy vegan, see Durianrider on youtube, but leafs and fruits? Nah

Exactly the same as whatever food you consume, eating animal food stuffs won't change that.

If you have candida in your bloodstream - you're in trouble anyway. Yeast is not found in your blood stream, the blood stream is kept sterile for good reason.

Excess fatty acids in your blood stream doesn't affect your metabolism of sugar, if it did people would regularily have hyperglycaemic fits after something like a fried breakfast - people don't.

High fat diet is bad - yes. Unless you're drinking gallons of milk a day, you'll be fine getting calories from milk. Increased cancer risk from milk - unproven. Lots of toxic waste...???? Like...... considering the main product of metabolism are CO2, H2O and urea - I fail to see how these are going to kill you, unless you have respiratory or kidney problems.
Calcium isn't alkalising either. The lack of science in your post is poor.

You are

You might be mildly lactose intolerant, if you go from not drinking much milk and then do something like GOMAD, not many people would feel great either
You've got to eat somewhere around your maintenance to build muscle - if you're cutting fat, then yes you can build muscle, but if your low bf% eating more than your maintenance is more advisable

Well there you go, I've refuted your entire post. Pseudo-science much.[/QUOTE]

A very good post.

I've eaten Weetabix religiously since I was a child with generous milk portions and in addition from time to time I also have a glass of milk at night as well or a second breakfast instead of anything crap for supper. Bar 2 dental infections and 1 bout of tonsillitis I have not had anything worse than the common cold in a decade. As such I agree.

Have to agree. I tried going vegetarian for a few weeks about a year ago eating tonnes of fruit and veg, while not much came out and it was soft and normal looking it certainly moved my bowels, I'd never crapped so often in my life.

Had no idea blood was sterile.

Ha. Great point about the fried breakfasts.

He's likely thinking of a vegan documentary which asserted that a diet containing animal protein of more than 20% correlated with increased cancer and heart disease, a diet containing sub-5% protein (i.e. a plant based diet) was correlated with a reduction or even reversal of cancers.

I agree. Bar feeling a bit heavy if I drink it before I go to bed, I've never felt anything but good from drinking milk.
idon'tloveanyone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can be a healthy vegan, see Durianrider on youtube, but leafs and fruits? Nah
Well thanks, you've made me think a bit harder about what I've read so I'll delve a bit deeper now to check your facts.

But one thing.. what DO you think durianrider eats?
Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by idon'tloveanyone)
Well thanks, you've made me think a bit harder about what I've read so I'll delve a bit deeper now to check your facts.

But one thing.. what DO you think durianrider eats?
He does eat leafy greens and a vast amount of fruit but he couldn't get all his calories from that, he eats a lot of pulses and things like potatoes. When doing the Strava challenge in January he averaged something like 100+ miles a day for a month (it was just under a tour de france stage a day in length.... insane), he confesses himself that he was eating processed vegan foods to help him increase calorie and protein intake - it wouldn't be possible on greens and fruit
idon'tloveanyone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He does eat leafy greens and a vast amount of fruit but he couldn't get all his calories from that, he eats a lot of pulses and things like potatoes. When doing the Strava challenge in January he averaged something like 100+ miles a day for a month (it was just under a tour de france stage a day in length.... insane), he confesses himself that he was eating processed vegan foods to help him increase calorie and protein intake - it wouldn't be possible on greens and fruit
hmm okay. Well I'm not an endurance athlete, just a lazy bugger, and I seem to be getting more than enough calories and protein from fruit and greens. Been doing it for two years now and feel awesome so idk the science all that well but whatever it is, it seems to be working
infairverona
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by idon'tloveanyone)
Basically there are a lot of nasty effects from eating a high-fat diet, you'll get all tired and sweaty and you can kindof combat it with exercise but by doing so you're putting more stress on your body, your metabolism increases, your cells die out faster, you age faster, lots of toxic waste in the body makes for acidic environments ideal for the development of cancerous cells, lots of stress on the kidneys to filter it all out, alkalising minerals like calcium are taken from the bones to neutralise the acids so you're more likely to get bone diseases like osteoporosis...

Please go on fullfatfitblr.tumblr.com and consider what you've said about eating a high fat diet
biffyclyro27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hmm, I've never really seriously considered being a vegetarian as I really enjoy meat like most people. However, I do love animals and I respect their right to be on this earth as much as anyone else.

Watching this video has made me seriously think about it, not just for the animals sake but for the environmental and world hunger issues he has raised. Though I have heard these arguments before, when he stacks them side by side you can't really argue with it...

I'm not sure whether I will ever become fully vegetarian, but I would certainly try and at least limit my intake of meat as I know it's not necessary and it's also cheaper. I already buy free range chicken and eggs, but I must admit I find it difficult/too costly to do this with other meat products. When I can afford it, I would be more comfortable sourcing meat from a local butcher/farm shops that I know treat their animals with respect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (423)
30.26%
The paper was reasonable (551)
39.41%
Not feeling great about that exam... (239)
17.1%
It was TERRIBLE (185)
13.23%

Watched Threads