Best public transport stories?? Watch

Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
Once ... I wanted to catch the 31 ... but I caught the 37a by mistake! OMG! :rofl: :lol: :rofl3:
OMG! Yes! That is such an amazing story! :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny:
Acrostics
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Those awkward moments when the whole train is quite and it seems as though everyone is listening in on your conversation. Maybe they were bored... but it is still weird.

[URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile/URL]
placenta medicae talpae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
OMG! Yes! That is such an amazing story! :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny:
Just amazing isn't it! I mean, they're like completely different numbers and everything! :rofl2:
:party:
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Acrostics)
Those awkward moments when the whole train is quite
Quite so :nothing:
Blazinq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
One time on the school bus, some guy overtook our bus, so our busdriver (everyone on the bus liked him and we all said hi etc when got on) so he proceeded to follow this car to the motorway, just before the motorway at the traffic lights, he gets out goes to the car and he ends up punching him because the guy in the car told him to **** off, so then we're casually on the motorway as he couldn't of u-turned
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just amazing isn't it! I mean, they're like completely different numbers and everything! :rofl2:
:party:
You totes blow everyone's minds with these wild stories. How can we believe a word you say? It's just way too implausible.
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
You totes blow everyone's minds with these wild stories. How can we believe a word you say? It's just way too implausible.
I know right!
I thought about editing my story a bit so that someone would believe me (like Mendel and the peas).
Like, if I said I was going to catch the 24 and caught the 24a by mistake, then would anyone believe me?
But then the 24a only runs at peak times, and there's obviously no such thing as the 24b, and if I said 25 then well that's a completely different kettle of fish :hmmmm:
So basically, I had to stick with the utterly incredible.
OneDayDoctor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not quite public transport, but when I was at sixth form I would get a mini bus from my town to school. One guy on my bus was tired on the way home so he decided he'd lie across the back seat and go to sleep, needless to say, he wasn't wearing a seat belt. Part of the journey home involved going past primary school, just as they reached the end of their day. On this occasion, a child ran out into the road so the driver did an emergency stop. The guy who had lied at the back of the bus fell of the seat with a loud bang and stood up, fell over and then kind of just rolled to the front of the bus as we went down a steep hill. At the front he said hi to the driver stood up, went back to his seat and read a book. Most bizarre five minutes ever.
Rosasaurr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
a guy arguing with himself...

In simlish. (featuring a scouse and irish accent at various points too)

I always get the public transport nutcases :L

that or the time I was on a Bradford - Manchester train and about 30 people get on....

dressed as Alice in Wonderland characters.... yeah that was surreal.
ChemicalBond
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We were on a train, and it was only my family and another family in our carriage (it was a tourist steam train and quite quiet on the way back). The family with us was made of four adults, who were talking around a table about something serious, and three children, sat quietly on their Nintendos nearby. My brother was sat in front of me, and my parents sat behind me. It was all quiet and lovely, until the most putrid smell filled the air. Seriously, you've never smelt anything like it. About a minute later, when the smell had defused, one of the adults at the table screwed his nose up, and choked, 'Jesus Christ, was that you?' 'No,'said one of the other adults, 'but it ****ing stinks.' The first adult then called over to the kids and said 'Kids, was that you? I think one of you needs to go sit on the toilet...Jesus, that stinks.' It came back a few minutes later, and this time one of the adults swore, opened the window and blamed the kids again. It wasn't them. I could see my brother's shoulders shuddering gently, which he does when he's trying to hold in a laugh. Of course, our family guessed it was him, and he confessed when we got back to the car, but whenever he annoys one of us, we always remind him of when he single handedly disrupted a serious conversation and stank out an entire carriage with one of his vile and sadly famous SBDs...
Acrostics
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Quite so :nothing:
I meant quiet :L

[URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile/URL]
MagicNMedicine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
One time was coming through Manchester late at night, there had been a football match on and the train was packed with drunk football fans. The guard turned up in the carriage to check the tickets, and immediately they saw him they all started going BOOOOOO.

I waited to see how the guard handled the situation.

He then stood with his arms out as though starting a football chant and goes "GET YER TICKETS OUT FOR THE GUARD"

Of course the whole carriage started singing it, and the guys all showed him their tickets with no dramas, backslapping him and treating him like a legend, and then as he went in to the next carriage started going "we love you guard man we do". Great example of someone handling a potentially difficult situation by knowing how to build rapport.
BurstingBubbles
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ChemicalBond)
We were on a train, and it was only my family and another family in our carriage (it was a tourist steam train and quite quiet on the way back). The family with us was made of four adults, who were talking around a table about something serious, and three children, sat quietly on their Nintendos nearby. My brother was sat in front of me, and my parents sat behind me. It was all quiet and lovely, until the most putrid smell filled the air. Seriously, you've never smelt anything like it. About a minute later, when the smell had defused, one of the adults at the table screwed his nose up, and choked, 'Jesus Christ, was that you?' 'No,'said one of the other adults, 'but it ****ing stinks.' The first adult then called over to the kids and said 'Kids, was that you? I think one of you needs to go sit on the toilet...Jesus, that stinks.' It came back a few minutes later, and this time one of the adults swore, opened the window and blamed the kids again. It wasn't them. I could see my brother's shoulders shuddering gently, which he does when he's trying to hold in a laugh. Of course, our family guessed it was him, and he confessed when we got back to the car, but whenever he annoys one of us, we always remind him of when he single handedly disrupted a serious conversation and stank out an entire carriage with one of his vile and sadly famous SBDs...
Wow that is one mighty story.

But it made me chuckle! Toilet humour is the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
placenta medicae talpae
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bubble999)
Toilet humour is the best
(Original post by iPoop)
x
iPoop, I've found another loyal subject for you :gah:
I'veGotAHadron
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
People who try and talk to you on the bus at 7 fricken 30 in the morning deserve to be publicly executed.
undiscovered_
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1384734230.856995.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  83.8 KB

Well, I found a picture of this online..

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah_baby
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by undiscovered_)

Posted from TSR Mobile
erm okay...... each to their own suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jjj90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by undiscovered_)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, only in London.
johnh1983
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A crazy bag lady came on the metro once and spilled a bunch of water from what looked to be a fishless fish bowl on me. I was sad
Potato
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The bus was reaching my stop so I stood up and just as I went to reach the stop button on the pole the bus jolted forwards and I ended up grabbing some guys face instead of the pole.
I was completely horrified, my hand actually hooked his mouth. Luckily he and has girlfriend actually found it hilarious but from now on I will wait until the bus stops before getting up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
30.57%
The paper was reasonable (525)
39.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (226)
17.06%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.75%

Watched Threads