(Original post by Kiss)
    Real Madrid
    Por que?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Medicine Boy)
    I don't see why so many people hate manchester united

Consistently play young english players - haven't fielded a squad without a youth player since 1937 so not fully reliant on bought players, generally speaking don't spend as much as the likes of city, barca, bayern, madrid, psg, chelsea or even liverpool.

I think there was a time after the munich air disaster where people liked united but now it's all seemed to have changed

Thoughts anyone?
    United's 3 main rivals (Manchester City, Liverpool and Leeds) are all big clubs with good supporter bases so that's one reason. Another is simply down to success, the same reason everyone hates Bayern Munich in Germany. Just look at the amount of people who claim to 'hate' Manchester City or Chelsea since they were bought out for more evidence of that.

I don't think glory hunting has anything to do with it as United aren't the only club who have that issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikey_hale)
    This reason is why many of our fans are U18 or parents taking their kids along to their local team. This is also why we don't have high attendances home or away, because we are many local fans' second team, but this will be different in generations to come
    I will say a couple of good things about MK though - it is a very nice stadium and the club does a lot of work in the community. Also, as much as I hate the violent git, I have to give lewington credit for still being there!

but other than that I still despise MK, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluester)
    I will say a couple of good things about MK though - it is a very nice stadium and the club does a lot of work in the community. Also, as much as I hate the violent git, I have to give lewington credit for still being there!

but other than that I still despise MK, sorry!
    it's fine haha, you are one of many!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, there are quite a few fellow Leeds fans in here. Everyone hates Leeds, but when you ask them why, the majority can't give a justified reason.

I'd love to know who these genuine 'local MK Dons fans' supported before the club came around.

Most hated? I'm giving that to Millwall. I also hate Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    1. Spurs
    2. Spurs
    3. Spurs
    4. Spurs
    5. Chelsea
    6. Spurs
    7. Spurs

Edit: Did I mention Spurs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No one hates Arsenal. . How can you, though? If you do, it's only because you unquestionably conform to the stupid 'rivalry' culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    Bloody hell, there are quite a few fellow Leeds fans in here. Everyone hates Leeds, but when you ask them why, the majority can't give a justified reason.

I'd love to know who these genuine 'local MK Dons fans' supported before the club came around.

Most hated? I'm giving that to Millwall. I also hate Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool.
    Many just were fans of premier league teams but didn't go, many were too young, and quite a few followed from Wimbledon FC. I have also heard of people who used to go to Luton/Northampton. My "family team" is Manchester United, so I was brought up as a fan of them, but I don't care too much for them anymore (still have a soft spot) and Dons are my team ever since they came about, although I couldn't go in the first 4 years due to no money and being too young to get there myself!

ReputationRep:
    1. (Original post by tengentoppa)
      Por que?

Wait, are you seriously asking why Real Madrid are hated? Seriously?! So much wrong with that club, although I'm not sure you can actually call them a club

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fan of my local club Rochdale so from a neutral point why such hate for man city? My dad's a city fan so I've watched them a lot, great atmosphere, real family club, oasis etc there fans haven't changed and seem to feel very lucky that they were chosen, they use to sell out home games when they were in division 3 hence why they sing 'we were here when we were shift' obviously I like them because of my dad who grew up in moss side but I don't understand how just because they we're took over people hate them, you would love it to happen to you're club? And after what they did to united, the most arrogant club of all time how couldn't you like them? And we all as neutrals loved the Aguero goal!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait, are you seriously asking why Real Madrid are hated? Seriously?! So much wrong with that club, although I'm not sure you can actually call them a club
    Is it because they're the biggest and most successful club in the world?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Nah, because they are have ridiculous amount of debt and are FUNDED BY THE SPANISH TAX PAYERS.

They barely give youth a chance, in the last 20 years how many youth players have been given an extended run in their team? Raul and casillas the only stars the club has produced in the last 20 years, nothing compared to the likes of barca, united, arsenal, dortmund

They also fire managers at will, they sacked del bosque after he won the champions league

they solve all their problems by throwing money, what's their philosophy?

Real Madrid are a combination of chelsea/city and many times worse, an arrogant club with an arrogant president.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't the King of Spain pour crap loads of public money to ensure his favourite club were the world's best?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, because they are have ridiculous amount of debt and are FUNDED BY THE SPANISH TAX PAYERS.

They barely give youth a chance, in the last 20 years how many youth players have been given an extended run in their team? Raul and casillas the only stars the club has produced in the last 20 years, nothing compared to the likes of barca, united, arsenal, dortmund

They also fire managers at will, they sacked del bosque after he won the champions league

Real Madrid are a combination of chelsea/city and many times worse, an arrogant club with an arrogant president.
    While I agree with you on Madrid explain how city are an arrogant club

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

1. Not really. That's an urban myth.
    2. Don't forget Guti and Arbeloa and more recently Carvajal, Jese and Morata. They are changing their philosophy.
    3. That's not uncommon. Also, they just chose not to renew his contract after 2003. He was not sacked.
    4. That's the same as any football club.
    5. Given their glorious history, it would be ridiculous for them not to be arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    1. Not really. That's an urban myth.
    2. Don't forget Guti and Arbeloa and more recently Carvajal, Jese and Morata. They are changing their philosophy.
    3. That's not uncommon. Also, they just chose not to renew his contract after 2003. He was not sacked.
    4. That's the same as any football club.
    5. Given their glorious history, it would be ridiculous for them not to be arrogant.
    Mata, Soldado, Diego Lopez, Rodrigo at Benfica all came from the youth academy. They give one of the best football educations in the world. The guy is mentioning United, I'm pretty sure Madrid are happier that they produced someone like Mata over Cleverley.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    Didn't the King of Spain pour crap loads of public money to ensure his favourite club were the world's best?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Except Barcelona Madrids academy probably currently has more stars in world football than anybody else, a lot of them don't make it at Madrid and leave at around 20 but end up making it elsewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90pies an hour)
    Half a page and no mentions of Leeds? ****s sake we must be going soft...
    You may not be going soft, it may just be that for many people football does not extend outside the Premiership so all the plastic Man U supporters have forgotten you or are not old enough to remember when you were regularly challenging for trophies.

As for me, apart from the plastic Man U supporters, I dislike Luton because of the nasty people who used to run it, and Coventry because of the cheating that went on in the Jimmy Hill era.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to the above poster, city are not an arrogant club i was referring to how city and madrid both spend £100 million each summer

and madrid have a very good academy, they produce very good talent, probably better than united's talent these days (although giggs, scholes, beckham in 92 was incredible)

they just don't have as much faith in youth that barca/arsenal/dortmund/southampton/villa/united do, it may be changing but that's how it is for now

spending £86 million on bale (when spain as a country is in debt) is irresponsible to say the least.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.