Turn on thread page Beta

What milk do you drink? watch

• View Poll Results: What kind of milk do you drink?
    Full fat
    25.14%
    Semi-skimmed
    51.37%
    Skimmed
    12.02%
    Other
    11.48%

ReputationRep:
    I'm put off from the whole concept of how it comes out the rear end of the cow and such. I haven't had anything with calcium in it for weeks now (used to drink protein shakes during the summer), it's really hard to keep my mind off that, and sort of the same with eating meat, so i'm sort of going vegetarian but not completely.

ReputationRep:
    Semi skimmed, being diabetic makes us sensitive to sugar.

ReputationRep:
    Green top or almond milk.

ReputationRep:
    Full fat. I used to drink semi-skimmed until a bottle of full-fat appeared in the fridge as a substitution, and I haven't been able to convince myself to go back. It tastes so much better, and there's not that much more fat... at least thats what I tell myself.

ReputationRep:
    Blue top, full fat. Sometimes to treat myself I'll get gold top, milk from Jersey which is creamy and has a higher fat percentage. Not nice with cereal but good for drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmr1991)
    I'm put off from the whole concept of how it comes out the rear end of the cow and such. I haven't had anything with calcium in it for weeks now (used to drink protein shakes during the summer), it's really hard to keep my mind off that, and sort of the same with eating meat, so i'm sort of going vegetarian but not completely.
    Mate you might want to revisit some of your earlier biology lessons...

ReputationRep:
    Semi-skimmed is what I grew up with and I still buy the same thing. I only ever buy full fat when there is no more semi-skimmed but I will NEVER EVER buy skimmed, it taste like they watered down milk. Never tried UHT milk though.

ReputationRep:
    I mainly use semi skimmed milk for cereal, tea etc, can't actually drink it out of a glass unless it is chocolate milk. I sometimes have soya milk but mainly just to drink it rather than use it for cereal or tea etc

ReputationRep:
    some random thread

ReputationRep:
    Got to be semi-skimmed. My family uses full fat if we're making a cheese sauce for macaroni etc but for anything else it's green top. My auntie drinks the red top stuff and it's awful, like water!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I use soy milk for cereals but when it comes to drinking or using it for tea then it's always full fat milk.

ReputationRep:
    My mom would always buy full fat milk for some reason.
    But personally I can't tell the difference and opt for semi skimmed which is a bit healthier.

ReputationRep:
    I always go for skimmed. Though I do like a glass of full fat every now and then. But I drink a lot of milk so skimmed seems like the best of the three

ReputationRep:
    My family have never been big milk drinkers...we just add it to tea and cereal. Always had semi skimmed growing up and a couple of years ago I convinced my dad to switch to skimmed, so we usually only have that or the orange 1% fat one.

ReputationRep:
    My mum had us kids drink full-fat as children and then eased us off it when we got older. I hate skimmed because it tastes like mildly-sour water but I think semi-skimmed is a fine balance between refreshing and creamy. I don't *mind* full-fat milk, but it's just a little too thick and fattening for the gallon-loads I drink on a weekly basis.

We don't get farmer's bottled, we pick it up at Tesco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmr1991)
    The udders are not the 'rear end' of a cow. That's like saying a woman's b00behz are her ass?

It produces tasty white stuff. Quit'cho complainin'!

ReputationRep:
    breast?

ReputationRep:
    I drink Malk. Now with Vitamin R.

When malk is not available, I drink semi-skinned

ReputationRep:
    Orange top 1%

Failing that, usually skimmed. I get enough fat from other sources i.e meat and nuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Blue top, full fat. Sometimes to treat myself I'll get gold top, milk from Jersey which is creamy and has a higher fat percentage. Not nice with cereal but good for drinking.
    A gold top drinker too :drool:
    Although I havent had gold in a while..

However blue/full fat milk wins my vote. Nothing beats a nice pint glass of full fat milk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.