Why are people gay? Watch

MJ1012
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alow)
There are dozens of examples that are just as good.
Just as good, as in no better than what he said?

Lets be honest, you've realised there was nothing wrong with what he said, got over defensive and was unnecessarily harsh and now feel a bit silly.
buchanan700
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biological factors. In the book 'why men don't listen, and women can't read maps', a really excellent read. a theory is posited. I will quote a very interesting passage:

"6 to 8 weeks after conception, a male foetus receives a massive dose of male hormones called androgens which form the testes, then a second dose to alter the brain from a female format to a male one. If the foetus does not receive enough hormone at the appropriate time, one of two things may happen. First, a baby boy who is born with a brain structure that is more feminine than masculine, in other words, a boy who will most likely be gay by puberty. Secondly, a genetic boy may be born with a fully functioning female brain and a set of male testicles. they will be transgender"

That of course is not the entire chapter, far from it. But it pretty much explains what your question asked. I really recommend the book, it explains everything you may wish to know.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because being gay is fabulous
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MJ1012)
Just as good, as in no better than what he said?

Lets be honest, you've realised there was nothing wrong with what he said, got over defensive and was unnecessarily harsh and now feel a bit silly.
Just as good, as in it doesn't need to be the first example any time.

I think I was as harsh as was warranted. I don't "feel silly" from things I post on a forum :hahaha: I think you're taking me calling someone a **** a bit seriously, all I wanted was to have a bit of a debate to distract me from an assignment!
MJ1012
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alow)
Just as good, as in it doesn't need to be the first example any time.

I think I was as harsh as was warranted. I don't "feel silly" from things I post on a forum :hahaha: I think you're taking me calling someone a **** a bit seriously, all I wanted was to have a bit of a debate to distract me from an assignment!
The debate you created was you looking like a **** and getting called out on it.
Each to their own I guess...
Egghead123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No one knows, but hopefully they make a pill to suppress it soon
alow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MJ1012)
The debate you created was you looking like a **** and getting called out on it.
Each to their own I guess...
Whatever you say. You're boring me now, so goodbye.
MJ1012
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by alow)
Whatever you say. You're boring me now, so goodbye.
By that I assume you've realised you were wrong and suddenly don't want this "debate". Glad I could make you see sense.
CJKay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.livescience.com/13408-bra...ientation.html
dantheman.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i'm hot homophobic, but i'm glad i'm not gay, i'd hate to be attracted to men, because i dont find them attractive.
snowdrop965479
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Egghead123)
No one knows, but hopefully they make a pill to suppress it soon
Why it's not harming anyone plus if there is environmental factors at hand, wouldn't that be a little hard to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (3)
33.33%
The paper was reasonable (1)
11.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
11.11%
It was TERRIBLE (4)
44.44%

Watched Threads