The Student Room Group

Queens / Magee University of Ulster Nursing 2014 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tedbunny
I emailed York to see if I could change that date, however their email said they would only be willing to change under 'exceptional circumstances'. Not sure if this counts. If they refuse I will try with Queen's, it would just be simpler to attend that interview on the 25th as I'm in work the next day.

Funny thing just happened, I just received an interview from John Moores for the 25th (same date too) haha. Such a coincidence! Hopefully they'll be willing to reschedule. Queens is my first choice and I'd rather get that over and done with. York will probably be willing! Hope you (and me lol) get sorted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Dholmes
Hi Butternuts! I'm based in Belfast close to Queens which is one of the reasons i applied for Queens, and also as a kid i always wanted to study at there. I emailed Belfast Met and asked if i could resit my A2, they said because of how far along it is in the year i wouldn't be able to and just gave me more information on enrollment for full-time and part-time courses next year. I even emailed the admissions at Queens and got a reply 2 weeks later saying that i might not be considered unless my grades where to increase, was gutted because i knew i should have took another a-level course aswell as my GCSE but didnt get the chance too. Thank you for the help! :smile:

Yeah dhomes nrc is different as you can enrol as an external candidate. I literally just paid last week to do my one and you can enrol up until march. It's different for different boards. Mine is aqa... Honestly should look into it...

And oooo interviews have started; here comes the long wait....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by Grace210114
I've only heard back from Queens and Northumbria! People think they are sending out the invitations alphabetically! Hope you hear soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where you hear was alphabetically? I heard somewhere was random I thought. Awh who knows lol.
Reply 43
Original post by Butternuts
Yeah dhomes nrc is different as you can enrol as an external candidate. I literally just paid last week to do my one and you can enrol up until march. It's different for different boards. Mine is aqa... Honestly should look into it...

And oooo interviews have started; here comes the long wait....

Posted from TSR Mobile

As an external candidate do you just sit the exam or redo the course aswell?, i dont know what to do, im in two minds of resitting my double award health and social as it was CC and i already have a B in I.C.T, but looking at my results sheet that i got in August from the school shows that if i were to sit the exam it would have to be two of them and i'd need a lot of luck to get one of the C's up to a B :frown:!, so i might just leave it this year again and aim for more a-levels and try in 2015! i hate being knocked back, wish Queens stayed with their BCC without a science :frown:
Reply 44
It did not go in alphabetical order last year so don't think the worst if your name starts with A or whatever and you're yet to hear.
Midwifery interviews are also being sent out.
Ps. It's the one interview even if you applied for a couple of branches - you get a page before the interview and you have to state which one you want most. My first choice was children's and adult second, I was offered a place for both but accepted children's in the end. The questions weren't branch specific either.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ywh12
Where you hear was alphabetically? I heard somewhere was random I thought. Awh who knows lol.

That's what other people I know were thinking but I really don't know lol More than likely just random batches! People didn't hear last year for ages!! The waiting game continues...

Anyone heard from Magee yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Dholmes
As an external candidate do you just sit the exam or redo the course aswell?, i dont know what to do, im in two minds of resitting my double award health and social as it was CC and i already have a B in I.C.T, but looking at my results sheet that i got in August from the school shows that if i were to sit the exam it would have to be two of them and i'd need a lot of luck to get one of the C's up to a B :frown:!, so i might just leave it this year again and aim for more a-levels and try in 2015! i hate being knocked back, wish Queens stayed with their BCC without a science :frown:

Hey Dholmes!

I have applied for adult nursing but need to repeat my gcse maths :frown: I'm sitting it as an external student in a local secondary school!! I researched all options available and this is the cheapest, my advice is call local secondary schools in your area explain your situation and ask to sit as an external candidate (not enroll for course just sit exam) as far as I know it's still not to late!
Hope that helps!
Reply 47
Original post by lc102
Hey Dholmes!

I have applied for adult nursing but need to repeat my gcse maths :frown: I'm sitting it as an external student in a local secondary school!! I researched all options available and this is the cheapest, my advice is call local secondary schools in your area explain your situation and ask to sit as an external candidate (not enroll for course just sit exam) as far as I know it's still not to late!
Hope that helps!

Hey Ic102!,

I'm the same, i missed out last year because i didn't have my GCSE maths, so what i done was apply this year at BMC just for maths thinking that the grades without a science would stay at BCC, worst decision I've made :frown:. Thank you so much for the help!, I will phone up some of the secondary schools today and see what they say, hopefully it isn't to late, as i don't want to take another year out :frown:
Reply 48
Original post by Dholmes
Hey Ic102!,

I'm the same, i missed out last year because i didn't have my GCSE maths, so what i done was apply this year at BMC just for maths thinking that the grades without a science would stay at BCC, worst decision I've made :frown:. Thank you so much for the help!, I will phone up some of the secondary schools today and see what they say, hopefully it isn't to late, as i don't want to take another year out :frown:

Don't let the grades get u down, if your not in you can't win as they say, stay positive! Focus on getting your maths either way! That's what I'm doing! So tough but if it all worked out it would be so worth it!!
Reply 49
Original post by lc102
Don't let the grades get u down, if your not in you can't win as they say, stay positive! Focus on getting your maths either way! That's what I'm doing! So tough but if it all worked out it would be so worth it!!

100% true!, maths is my weakest point, but it makes me more determined to get it now. It really is hard, but no matter how long it takes it, as you say, it will really be worth it in the end, good luck on your maths Ic102!, lets hope we both get it this year :biggrin:!
Reply 50
Has anyone received any interviews today in the post? Seen a few midwifery ones have went out today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My post arrived...I have an interview!
Eeeee....Happy Valentine's to meee! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
My post arrived...I have an interview!
Eeeee....Happy Valentine's to meee! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah congrats! When is it? :smile:
Its the 28th of this month at Queens for l.d nursing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Congrats to everyone who got interviews today. May there be many more to come :smile:. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its the 28th of this month at Queens for l.d nursing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant news! Good luck. Does your letter say it is in 73 university road?
Sure that's the main Queens building.. confused to where it's held lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grace210114
Brilliant news! Good luck. Does your letter say it is in 73 university road?
Sure that's the main Queens building.. confused to where it's held lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I think that's in the Lanyon building. We'll all be walking around lost, so you can find someone on the day, im hoping there's signs :smile: might take a look in before the day if I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Last year it was held on Lisburn road. However when I applied years ago it was near queens main campus. It was in houses facing it next to the student union. Hope this helps? I haven't got anything back from queens yet! Well done and Good luck to everyone with interviews already through! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Apart from ID for Access NI is there anything else we have to bring to the interview?
I didn't see anything on the letter, however I got a letter about a seperate interview today and it required a good few things - such as qualification certificates etc.
Are these for adult?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi . I got an interview for QUB for Adult nursing on the 27th feb .Well I assume its Adult as it only says Bsc Nursing. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending