University of Brighton 2014 applicants Watch

University of Brighton Accommodation
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ShellyBoobelly)
Hey I got my unconditional offer last night! YAY, no more worrying for me and time to enjoy the holidays!

Michelle
That is great news! Many congratulations. Have a very Happy Christmas break. And see you on campus in 2014!!
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
The University of Brighton is closed 25th Dec – 1st Jan.
We, your Brighton TSR reps will be back at the start of next term (6th Jan) when we will respond to any messages and be ready to resume normal service!
Until then, get a flavour of winter in Brighton with this film made by 2nd year students Kate and Lauren http://bit.ly/1l0IDqD
fbazzoni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was just offered a conditional place on your Primary Education with QTS course! I was so nervous about the interview but I'm so glad I was offered a place. Now I just have to firm my choice, thank you!
Marie_2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DanieleRosato)
Me! I've got an offer for Sports Journalism from Brighton! Making it my Firm choice once I receive all my offers.

Congratulations ! I'am about to apply for Sports journalism too , hope it'll work .:rolleyes:
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marie_2)
Congratulations ! I'am about to apply for Sports journalism too , hope it'll work .:rolleyes:
Good luck Marie_2 !!! Let us know how you get on! If you need any info please ask.

Best Wishes
Viv
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

We hope you had a lovely Christmas. Normal service is now in operation here at the University of Brighton.

We know the UCAS deadline is looming (15th Jan) so if you have a question about living or studying here, we and the TSR community will do our best to help.

You can also contact our admissions team by email, phone or use the form, all details here,
http://bit.ly/1aAjhe4

If you haven't seen it yet, get a glimpse of winter in Brighton with this film made by 2nd year students Kate and Lauren http://bit.ly/1l0IDqD

Best Wishes
Viv
samboJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Despite flunking my AS (CDD - bus. stud./maths/econ) I have been offered a place to read Business Management with Economics. Conditional BBB. Thank you so much Brighton. You've offered me an outlet after a disappointing year.
smithlsophie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've just received an offer from Brighton to study Media Studies, but haven't visited yet. What's the campus like? Also any idea on the facilities are like for Media there?
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by samboJ)
Despite flunking my AS (CDD - bus. stud./maths/econ) I have been offered a place to read Business Management with Economics. Conditional BBB. Thank you so much Brighton. You've offered me an outlet after a disappointing year.

Well done on getting your offer and good luck samboJ !!!
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by smithlsophie)
I've just received an offer from Brighton to study Media Studies, but haven't visited yet. What's the campus like? Also any idea on the facilities are like for Media there?

Hi smithisophie

To make sure I pass on the right info, is this the course you are talking about? If not let me know the full name and I'll share what I know and see if I can find any students on Facebook who will be happy to share some info with you
http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/study/med.../media-studies

Best Wishes

Viv

PS, I just spotted your other post, it's media studies on the Moulsecoomb campus right? That's where I am now, have you seen our campus film yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-lIORvU2Hc
It's a busy and our biggest campus with around 8000 students. Is there anything particular you would like to know? As I said, I'll put a message out to students to share their thoughts...
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by smithlsophie)

Hi smithlsophie,

I just had a chat with Ciara who has done a combined BA Hons course (Environment and Media) and is currently studying for a masters in Creative Media on the Mouslecoomb campus. She is going to join us on TSR as one of our official reps so you can pick her brains if you like!

Here is what she said to me

'Facilities - a brand new learning space for students has just opened in the Watts building. It's a mixed use area, you can get a coffee and some food, sit in a comfy chair or at a table, meet with a group - use it how you like really! See it here http://bit.ly/1gGdhFu

You have access to the computer suite, which is open long hours and has loads of apple computers and a great range of software. A support office is based there so you can ask a computer helper if you need any assistance. You can also use all the camera recording and production equipment.

My degree course was combined - so i spent half my time on the media studies side of things. I liked it so much I chose to stay for my postgraduate course too. One of the biggest draws for me is the teaching staff. They are so experienced and very passionate about what they do. It sounds a bit of a cliche but their enthusiasm rubs off on you and is really inspiring. If you want extra help outside of scheduled sessions, you can knock on the office door anytime and find it.'

Hope this is helpful - do post any more Q's and Ciara will respond.

Best Wishes
Viv
olaqwe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is anyone doing Applied Psychology and Criminology BSc? Have they given out any offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
incoqnito
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey OP, any chance you can give an estimate on how long people have to wait for an offer from the day it's applied? Also has anyone else applied for earth and ocean science?
Maddielew
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by University of Brighton)
So, who has applied to Brighton for 2014?
I got an email saying they'd like me to digitally send my fine art painting portfolio. Do many people get get this chance?
olaqwe
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Got an offer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by incoqnito)
Hey OP, any chance you can give an estimate on how long people have to wait for an offer from the day it's applied? Also has anyone else applied for earth and ocean science?
Hi everyone

Short answer is - the length of time between applying and getting an offer varies. At the moment it is the busiest time of year in uni's for receiving and making offers. Obviously theres a bit of time involved in receiving, reviewing and getting updates sent to UCAS. This can vary across courses and at different points in the cycle - although the Schools try to make this process as quick and smooth as possible!

Good luck and Best Wishes

Viv
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maddielew)
I got an email saying they'd like me to digitally send my fine art painting portfolio. Do many people get get this chance?
Hi Maddielew

Well done so far! We get a lot of applications for our arts courses - the first stage in most cases now is that suitably qualified candidates are asked to submit a digital portfolio before candidates are selected for interview. How many people this is depends on courses, times of year and numbers and quality of applications. It's not a particular number...

If you haven't already, I'd recommend reading any info you've been sent about your digital portfolio carefully and get a tutor or teacher to take a look what you are going to send before you do, just like you would when you bring an actual portfolio for an in person interview. Your digital portfolio generally is smaller - a snapshot of your work. It is difficult to tell you exactly what and how to do this because actually what tutors want to know about is you, your work and interests - so my advice is to make sure that comes across (and don't get hung up on what other people are doing, or not) I graduated from the faculty of arts myself last year and have also spent time working in colleges with students getting prepared for art and design interviews and this is my best piece of advice. I hope it helps!

Best Wishes

Viv

Good Luck and Best Wishes

Viv
fbazzoni
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I have been given a conditional offer for your Primary Teaching course on the Falmer campus and just wanted to ask how many weeks this course is? I've been looking at the accommodation on this campus but I'm not sure whether I would need to apply for a specific one if this course is extended. Thank you!
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
(Original post by fbazzoni)
Hi, I have been given a conditional offer for your Primary Teaching course on the Falmer campus and just wanted to ask how many weeks this course is? I've been looking at the accommodation on this campus but I'm not sure whether I would need to apply for a specific one if this course is extended. Thank you!
Hi fbazzoni

You need to check the details about dates for your course directly with the School - you can email them [email protected] or call 01273 961164. They will be happy to help! When you know how long and what the dates are of your course, check out the accommodation pages of the website to look at your options. http://www.brighton.ac.uk/accommodat...x.php?PageId=5
You can get in touch with the accommodation team for individual advice
Best Wishes
Viv
Jennywbu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by University of Brighton)
If you are applying to the University of Brighton for 2014 entry, join this thread.

Chat with each other and ask our official reps any questions. We're all graduates or current students at Brighton and if we don't know the answer to your question we can find some one who does.
Hi I recieved an offer for sociology and criminology yesterday and I really wanted to accept this offer as my firm choice but then I realised something very important. Accomodation for 2nd and 3rd years. I have been told by loads of people that because Brighton is such a popular place to live it would be very hard to get accomodation i.e a shared house in the area and then students would have to opt to live far away from campus? How true would you say this is?

Thankyou
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Brighton
    Architecture and interior architecture Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Brighton City campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Eastbourne campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (386)
30.9%
The paper was reasonable (490)
39.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (217)
17.37%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.49%

Watched Threads