I just threw a plate at my dad. In shock. Watch

TurboCretin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheReckless)
I'm pretty sure if a plate hit me and actually smashed, it'd hurt a little.

Jokes aside, you should seriously consider learning some anger management skills. It's good that you feel remorseful for what you did, but you need to control that pent up, heat-of-the-moment fury.
The impact would probably hurt more if it didn't smash than if it did, tbh.
katyness
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I bet you're white. Black parents would beat the **** out of you when you came back inside. Be glad!
inthedark1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lipslikemorphine)
:eek: Your dad sounds like a right ass.
He is pleasant/calm a lot of the time his behaviour all revolves around him not being very literate he's just thick when it comes to people/situations and doesnt know how to handle anger. Like if I was ever angry about something instead of discussing it with me/providing reasons like a normal parent would he would just laugh and be sacrastic. If it made him angry he would just be like 'nothing can do not my problem, piss off you stupid little *******' This would make me more angry and so he would threaten to 'smack/bang' me one. I accidently knocked a glass of water over once and he just said 'you thick b**** nothing else' even though he is always breaking cups/dropping things. My aunt said I need to make allowances as he has never had a proper education etc but I tend to hold grudges when i think things are unfair.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
23%
The paper was reasonable (429)
44.64%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.11%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise