Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread! Watch

Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Man that group C annoys the hell out of me. gonna be getting some mediocre teams in the next round ...
SiMan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Man that group C annoys the hell out of me. gonna be getting some mediocre teams in the next round ...
So that's the start of the world cup already ruined?
niceguy95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
An african team will win
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SiMan)
So that's the start of the world cup already ruined?
Most definitely!
McRite
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by niceguy95)
An african team will win
Nice one:ahee: niceguy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aniaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by niceguy95)
An african team will win
I doubt any African team can beat Spain who will most likely be in the final
ineedtorevise127
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A few dark horses to go very far in the World Cup e.g. Belgium, Columbia and maybe Nigeria who knows
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
126 days to go.

England are gonna be the surprise team as well I think. Belgium doing well wouldn't really be a surprise would it? They're like the football hipster's wet dream.

People have been saying England are crap now for so long there is nobody optimistic left. Semis imo.
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
126 days to go.

England are gonna be the surprise team as well I think. Belgium doing well wouldn't really be a surprise would it? They're like the football hipster's wet dream.

People have been saying England are crap now for so long there is nobody optimistic left. Semis imo.
Joke or nah? I expect another mediocre Quarter final finish.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
Joke or nah? I expect another mediocre Quarter final finish.
It's not a joke. I've explained my reasoning, nobody expects anything from this team. Our players are very underrated. I'm not saying we'll win but we should be looking to make the knockouts and given the draw I don't see why we can't make the semis.

Hart, Foster, Forster, Ruddy, Butland

Johnson, Walker, Bertrand, Cole, Shaw, Baines, Terry, Cahill, Jagielka, Jones, Smalling, Wisdom, Lescott

Wilshere, Delph, Lampard, Gerrard, Cleverley, Henderson, Barkley, Lallana, Townsend, Milner, Carrick, Zaha, Lennon, Oxlade, Young, Morrison, McEachran

Rooney, Berahino, Sturridge, Welbeck, Rodriguez

That is a very good selection of players to choose from. There are probably more but I've just gone for those who are in with a shout, feel free to give or take if I've forgotten someone but that's the general gist.

Wilshere, Morrison, McEachran, Carrick, Gerrard, Barkley and Lampard are all great footballers and I don't think people are doubting Fabian Delph anymore. Personally I can't see how Cleverley is getting in ahead of Delph but anyway...

Cole will start at LB but I don't know how the defence will line up other than that. We have an embarrassment of riches at LB tbh. Under Hodgson we are hard to break down and hard to beat so the defence is not really an issue for me.

Up front, Rooney and Sturridge are both quality players, Welbeck can be brought in for his hard work & he is actually good for England. Berahino & Rodriguez may go, Defoe is at Toronto now so I dunno how that will work out.

So imo the players are there to be successful, the issue lies with tactics and selection, Hodgson sets us up well so I think we should have enough to qualify in 2nd place at least from the groups and then make it to the QF. Depends on the draw as on paper if we get one of the elite teams given our track record we would go out (last time we beat an elite team in a knockout was Spain in 1996).

But yeah that's basically what I think. Everyone expected us to get dicked in the last Euros, didn't happen.
username912610
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
It's not a joke. I've explained my reasoning, nobody expects anything from this team. Our players are very underrated. I'm not saying we'll win but we should be looking to make the knockouts and given the draw I don't see why we can't make the semis.

Hart, Foster, Forster, Ruddy, Butland

Johnson, Walker, Bertrand, Cole, Shaw, Baines, Terry, Cahill, Jagielka, Jones, Smalling, Wisdom, Lescott

Wilshere, Delph, Lampard, Gerrard, Cleverley, Henderson, Barkley, Lallana, Townsend, Milner, Carrick, Zaha, Lennon, Oxlade, Young, Morrison, McEachran

Rooney, Berahino, Sturridge, Welbeck, Rodriguez

That is a very good selection of players to choose from. There are probably more but I've just gone for those who are in with a shout, feel free to give or take if I've forgotten someone but that's the general gist.

Wilshere, Morrison, McEachran, Carrick, Gerrard, Barkley and Lampard are all great footballers and I don't think people are doubting Fabian Delph anymore. Personally I can't see how Cleverley is getting in ahead of Delph but anyway...

Cole will start at LB but I don't know how the defence will line up other than that. We have an embarrassment of riches at LB tbh. Under Hodgson we are hard to break down and hard to beat so the defence is not really an issue for me.

Up front, Rooney and Sturridge are both quality players, Welbeck can be brought in for his hard work & he is actually good for England. Berahino & Rodriguez may go, Defoe is at Toronto now so I dunno how that will work out.

So imo the players are there to be successful, the issue lies with tactics and selection, Hodgson sets us up well so I think we should have enough to qualify in 2nd place at least from the groups and then make it to the QF. Depends on the draw as on paper if we get one of the elite teams given our track record we would go out (last time we beat an elite team in a knockout was Spain in 1996).

But yeah that's basically what I think. Everyone expected us to get dicked in the last Euros, didn't happen.

I guess so I'm looking more forward to Euro 2016.
Kaikokylie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nigeria is obviously going to win :ahee: <3
Aniaa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kaikokylie)
Nigeria is obviously going to win :ahee: <3
you wish :P. Belgium all the way <3
moment of truth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ghana to win somehow...

Posted from TSR Mobile
brent_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nigeria will win the world cup. Quote me anytime soon
Aniaa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
probably it will end up with Spain winning it again...
username912610
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sky have a done a documentary about Brazil, they always do this to discredit other countries. They did this with Ukraine/Poland and South Africa, I guess it's Brazil's turn.
Arturo Bandini
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
Sky have a done a documentary about Brazil, they always do this to discredit other countries. They did this with Ukraine/Poland and South Africa, I guess it's Brazil's turn.

what do you mean?
username912610
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Arturo Bandini)
what do you mean?
I mean as in to harm their reputation, the racism documentary with Poland/Ukraine was a bit cheeky taking the moral high ground as to forget the racism we have here as well.
Aniaa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
I mean as in to harm their reputation, the racism documentary with Poland/Ukraine was a bit cheeky taking the moral high ground as to forget the racism we have here as well.
Im not sure which country did that but just before Euro 2012 in some foerign tv they swhoed a map of Poland and ukraine where they actaully mistook countries >.<
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (301)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1101)
55.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (432)
21.71%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
7.84%

Watched Threads