Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Opinions on Tattoo's watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pan's-Labyrinth)
    Immaturity do not make me laugh, your comment is immaturity at its finest...people get tattoos to be cool, really? Yeah because that is exactly what I thought before getting my tattoos. "oh my god when I get these I will be cool and everyone will love me"...no! I know a lot of people hate them, think they are ugly etc so surely if I wanted to be cool I would stay a plain Jane...

You cannot be serious. You were joking right. Oh dear.
    I literally did not even read all of that.

Childish, ain't it

That's not what I said. I said people do it to provoke a reaction. One reaction is to get people to think you're cool, which, despite what you're saying, is very common. I already explained myself anyway, but you said you didn't read it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I literally did not even read all of that.

Childish, ain't it

That's not what I said. I said people do it to provoke a reaction. One reaction is to get people to think you're cool, which, despite what you're saying, is very common. I already explained myself anyway, but you said you didn't read it :dontknow:
    People who get tattoos to be cool I would agree are immature and stupid, however this is not the reason I got mine, I happen to love them on my skin, the colour the fact that my skin looks different.

Couldn't give a hoot about whether people think I am cool or not or whether it provokes a reaction from them, why would I ink my body for life for someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Poor? Not successful? oh wow yet another ridiculous statement. I appreciate it is your opinion but c'mon.

I have 7 tattoos, I have a good job, a car, I pay bills, rent, phone bill etc, I am going on holiday this year, buying a house and saving to go to Australia.

I am highly ambitious! I have been to University, I worked in the police force, realised it wasn't for me and I am now training to be an accountant and I am applying for an amazing Finance Graduate role.

*sigh*
    You tell him girl.

ReputationRep:
    Poor? Not successful? oh wow yet another ridiculous statement. I appreciate it is your opinion but c'mon.

I have 7 tattoos, I have a good job, a car, I pay bills, rent, phone bill etc, I am going on holiday this year, buying a house and saving to go to Australia.

I am highly ambitious! I have been to University, I worked in the police force, realised it wasn't for me and I am now training to be an accountant and I am applying for an amazing Finance Graduate role.

*sigh*
    I said it gave me the "impression", not knowledge. people who get tattoos are not going to appear very presentable in the market. for example, I'd be prejudiced and suspicious towards a barrister who had tattoos and piercings because it would imply that they don't take their job seriously enough to look smart, clean and neat with pictures drawn on their skin. maybe it's also the stereotype that bikers, gangsters, "rebels", "dykes" etc (opposed to lawyers, medical doctors, professors, etc) all seem to have tattoos so that's not a great fact to bear in mind. and again, this is my opinion. if you are aiming to become an accountant with a lot of tattoos then I wish you luck because I think those tattoos are going to be a detriment to your employability if they're very visible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey.Man)
    I said it gave me the "impression", not knowledge. people who get tattoos are not going to appear very presentable in the market. for example, I'd be prejudiced and suspicious towards a barrister who had tattoos and piercings because it would imply that they don't take their job seriously enough to look smart, clean and neat with pictures drawn on their skin. maybe it's also the stereotype that bikers, gangster, "rebels", "dykes" etc all seem to have tattoos so that's not a great fact to bear in mind. and again, this is my opinion. if you are able to become an accountant with a lot of tattoos then I wish you luck because I think those tattoos are going to be a detriment to your employability if they're very visible
    A Barrister would be smart enough to know not to get tattoos in a highly visible place, or places they cannot cover up, just saying. I cannot comment on piercings

I would never get a tattoo in a place that would jeopardise my career thank-you very much, my tattoos will not be detrimental to me getting where I want to in life as I have not put them in places I would not be able to cover. I am a smart young woman and understand that in the business/finance world, in fact in most careers that tattoos are not acceptable and would rule you out. Which brings me back to what I have said about having them in places where they can be hidden.

I am going to land a very successful financial career and I have tattoos. God forbid.

ReputationRep:
    A Barrister would be smart enough to know not to get tattoos in a highly visible place, or places they cannot cover up, just saying. I cannot comment on piercings

I would never get a tattoo in a place that would jeopardise my career thank-you very much, my tattoos will not be detrimental to me getting where I want to in life as I have not put them in places I would not be able to cover. I am a smart young woman and understand that in the business/finance world, in fact in most careers that tattoos are not acceptable and would rule you out. Which brings me back to what I have said about having them in places where they can be hidden.

I am going to land a very successful financial career and I have tattoos. God forbid.
    but you are seeming to agree with me here that tattoos do jeopardise one's career - and this would probably be due to the culture of tattoos as I've mentioned. so my views were not objectionable to you in this sense?

ReputationRep:
    I said it gave me the "impression", not knowledge. people who get tattoos are not going to appear very presentable in the market. for example, I'd be prejudiced and suspicious towards a barrister who had tattoos and piercings because it would imply that they don't take their job seriously enough to look smart, clean and neat with pictures drawn on their skin. maybe it's also the stereotype that bikers, gangsters, "rebels", "dykes" etc (opposed to lawyers, medical doctors, professors, etc) all seem to have tattoos so that's not a great fact to bear in mind. and again, this is my opinion. if you are aiming to become an accountant with a lot of tattoos then I wish you luck because I think those tattoos are going to be a detriment to your employability if they're very visible
    How do you know they don't have full sleeves and chest pieces under their suits? Fair enough if it's all over their face but..,
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    but you are seeming to agree with me here that tattoos do jeopardise one's career - and this would probably be due to the culture of tattoos as I've mentioned. so my views were not objectionable to you in this sense?
    Yes I agree if someone is covered head to toe chances are an employer will laugh in their face...however people can have tattoos, and still be very successful, they use their brains and are smart enough to know that they should be able to hide them.

I.e like me haha

P.s I'm not always a B**** (female dog)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennaEmBee)
    How do you know they don't have full sleeves and chest pieces under their suits? Fair enough if it's all over their face but..,
    and again, the fact that they'd even need to wear sleeves in the first place simply proves my point - why else would they want to hide them if they looked professional and presentable?

ReputationRep:
    Love that!

ReputationRep:
    Some are good, some are bad. I strongly dislike realistic or complex tattoos but am quite a fan of minimalistic or patterned ones. Haven't got any yet, I'd like to however I'm not certain about any of my ideas yet. I'm really not a fan of tattoos on women, objectively they can look ok but is just personal taste.

ReputationRep:
    and again, the fact that they'd even need to wear sleeves in the first place simply proves my point - why else would they want to hide them if they looked professional and presentable?
    Because society is slow in accepting that it doesn't make you a bad or different person in the workplace.

Also I don't see many professionals in vests.

ReputationRep:
    Because society is slow in accepting that it doesn't make you a bad or different person in the workplace.

Also I don't see many professionals in vests.
    tattoos have been around since the ancient egyptians, haven't they? if they're slow in adapting when it's been around for centuries, what do you think will trigger a new view? and aren't you excluding the possibility that there might actually be a reason why people don't like tattoos/regard them as unprofessional? and "vests"? what about a t shirt/short sleeved shirts?

ReputationRep:
    I personally love a girl with tattoo, if it's tasteful and done well then I think it adds character.

I'm a sucker for Garter Belt tattoo's, for example this is hot.

ReputationRep:
    Massively overrated in my opinion, and I'll never get one. That said, they can enhance the attractiveness of females in some cases, no doubt about it... especially ones that are genuinely well designed and meaningful. And no, that's not a dig at people who get spontaneous and meaningless tattoos. It's your body, do whatever the hell you want with it. Are they attractive though if you ask me? No.

ReputationRep:
    I dont have any and I doubt I would ever get one as the idea has never appealed to me. In general I dont have an opinion on them either way really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou 22)
    Do you have any?
    Would you have any?
    Views on them? .

I haven't got any as I have wanted to get one on my right rib cage ( I know one of the most painful places) something meaningful but haven't as of yet.
    Nope
    Nope
    Unattractive, would prefer a gf without a tattoo than a gf with a tattoo

ReputationRep:
    I have one that I wanted for about 7 years before I got it, so I'm at least fairly sure I won't regret it any time soon!

It's a shame people are so quick to judge those with tattoo's, they are increasingly popular, and many professionals are sporting their own ink.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any?

Nope.

Would you have any?

I wanted to get one when I was 18, knew what I wanted just wasn't sure where. Now that I'm older, I've gone off the idea somewhat. Might get one some day, but for now probably not.

Views on them? .

They look pretty cool, so long as it isn't a generic tribal chav tattoo. I think that they look good on women as well.

ReputationRep:
    Opinions on them?

It's a fashion trend.
    Nothing more nothing less.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.