Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Awesome!! I give to those who want my Facebook: Lisa Bouteldja (Rosie) to get to know each other before the course starts.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a state of shock a bit.
    I got in too, I'll link to my facebook too... has anyone seen if theres a csm freshers page?
    https://www.facebook.com/sarah.cohen.37669

i probably managed to do that wrong

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I just got an offer from CSM for fashion journalism too !

ReputationRep:
    im such a technophobe, if someone finds the link to the freshers page on facebook, idem for the whole of the ual, let me know!!

ReputationRep:
    i'll link my facebook! https://www.facebook.com/milly.gardiner i firmed csm today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millyesme)
    i'll link my facebook! https://www.facebook.com/milly.gardiner i firmed csm today!
    you added me but yeah so did i, i thought i might as well bite the bullet. have you thought at all about accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbeth55)
    you added me but yeah so did i, i thought i might as well bite the bullet. have you thought at all about accomodation?
    yeah its so expensive im not sure yet though, it depends on how much student finance i will actually get. I really want to stay in pure highbrough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by millyesme)
    yeah its so expensive im not sure yet though, it depends on how much student finance i will actually get. I really want to stay in pure highbrough
    yeah it really is.. and yeah there are some really lovely ones but im just gonna go for the cheapest ones and seriously hope for the best. cos im gonna have to decline the ones that go into the £7000 bracket cos no..

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an email through from csm yet with your ual I'd so you can apply for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me intruding however I've wanted to study Fashion Journalism at CSM for as long as I can remember and will be applying next year (doing AS Levels now). Did you guys find you had to get high grades at AS/write amazing personal statements to apply for the course? I'm currently really struggling with AS revision and doubting what I can achieve in my exams.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliecharlotte14)
    Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me intruding however I've wanted to study Fashion Journalism at CSM for as long as I can remember and will be applying next year (doing AS Levels now). Did you guys find you had to get high grades at AS/write amazing personal statements to apply for the course? I'm currently really struggling with AS revision and doubting what I can achieve in my exams.
    Thanks!
    My grades are not high, they are pretty average. The great thing about csm is they don't go of grades it's all about you and your personality and how good your writing is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliecharlotte14)
    Thanks!
    Yeah, I'd say the most important things they look for are a strong knowledge of fashion, the ability to articulate yourself well and a strong sense of individuality. I went on really random tangents in my interview and it seemed to work somehow, so I really think they just want to hear about you as a person opposed to what you may think they want to hear. Grades wise; they ask for 2 E's as their requirements which may be a bit of a trap as there are so many hoops to jump to before you get to the offer stage (I definitely wouldn't say it's a simple process..) but it definitely seems like actual A levels themselves become a bit irrelevant..
    Just don't be put off applying at any costs, because if you really want to go, that will come through in your application

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have also been accepted at CSM in fashion journalism and I thought it would be fun to get to know you before September! I give you my facebook <removed by a mod - please use the PM system to exchange personal details>, I'm eager to meet you.

ReputationRep:
    Oops, https://www.facebook.com/eva.gregorio!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have also been accepted at CSM in fashion journalism and I thought it would be fun to get to know each other before September! I give you my facebook , i'm eager to meet you!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered what everyone wrote about for their 800 word piece as I want to apply for 2015. I don't want to know in order to copy but just to get a rough idea of what others have done in the past in order for them to get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by withlove)
    Just wondered what everyone wrote about for their 800 word piece as I want to apply for 2015. I don't want to know in order to copy but just to get a rough idea of what others have done in the past in order for them to get in.
    I just sent an article from my fashion blog but basically I just think theyre looking for like honest writing and like skill tbh I don't think it even has to be about fashion, just show passion in your writing is good hope that helps at all

ReputationRep:
    what did you bring with you to the interview? i have my interview next week and they told me to bring 3 written work and 3 visual work ( please help, and tell me what i should expect during the interview, csm is my first choice and i really, really want to get in (

ReputationRep:
    last year we didn't need to bring anything so I can't really help but if you have questions you can contact me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/lisa.bouteldja

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much, I sent you a message on Facebook so please check)

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.