Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Luis Suarez :D watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    He only really scores against **** opposition.

Zlatan has proved he can perform in the Champions League and almost every league in the world.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic > Luis Suarez.
    Zlatan is not equal to Suarez, let alone better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galileo Galilei)
    Zlatan is not equal to Suarez, let alone better.
    Go home, you're drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Zlatan, Xavi, Iniesta, Heskey .. loads of players better than him lol.

Na but really Suarez would be **** in CB so 'best player' is a bit like asking what's the best kitchen utensil .. they're all useful like.

Best striker, I'd put him up there somewhere but I reckon Rooney's a better forward tbh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Othelo)
    Best striker, I'd put him up there somewhere but I reckon Rooney's a better forward tbh.
    Lol. This mentality is why England will never win the World Cup in our lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Lol. This mentality is why England will never win the World Cup in our lifetime.
    Aye but I'm Irish

Think about it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Aye but I'm Irish

Think about it.
    You were joking though, surely?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1394662279844.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  31.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You were joking though, surely?
    Na I think Suarez is a better striker but all round forward Rooney does a better job. He works harder for a start.

You just can't leave Rooney without a specific job to do. If you do he wanders about like an inbred with an erection.

Suarez has a better goal record overall but his high goal/games ratio was only higher than Rooneys when he played in the South American/Dutch leagues. In the PL Rooney has a far better ratio per game than Suarez, plus his chance conversion's far higher.

Rooney has more assists per game than Suarez, he doesn't dive, he's stronger, doesn't get suspended as much. He's not as good passing wise in the final third though.

Rooney's overall pass completion rate is higher than Suarez' as well as his chance creation. Hus passing just doesn't have as high a success rate in the final third but he runs back and helps the midfield a lot.

Like I said, technically, Suarez is a better striker but as an all-round forward Rooney looks to be a better choice.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Na I think Suarez is a better striker but all round forward Rooney does a better job. He works harder for a start.

You just can't leave Rooney without a specific job to do. If you do he wanders about like an inbred with an erection.

Suarez has a better goal record overall but his high goal/games ratio was only higher than Rooneys when he played in the South American/Dutch leagues. In the PL Rooney has a far better ratio per game than Suarez, plus his chance conversion's far higher.

Rooney has more assists per game than Suarez, he doesn't dive, he's stronger, doesn't get suspended as much. He's not as good passing wise in the final third though.

Rooney's overall pass completion rate is higher than Suarez' as well as his chance creation. Hus passing just doesn't have as high a success rate in the final third but he runs back and helps the midfield a lot.

Like I said, technically, Suarez is a better striker but as an all-round forward Rooney looks to be a better choice.
    I don't think any Liverpool fan would say Suarez doesn't work hard enough. As soon as he loses the ball, he battles to win it back. Rooney plays deeper so he may contribute more in terms of build-up, but we've all seen this season how many cute things he is capable of in the final third.

Suarez created double the chances of Rooney last season, so that point is invalid. He has as many league assists as Rooney does in 2013/14, too. Suarez has been booked HALF the amount of times at Rooney this season, whilst also only being booked for simulation twice in his Liverpool career (one less than Januzaj, for instance).

Suarez scores double the amount of Rooney per game, has had twice as many shots (despite being out for the first two months of the season).

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any Liverpool fan would say Suarez doesn't work hard enough. As soon as he loses the ball, he battles to win it back. Rooney plays deeper so he may contribute more in terms of build-up, but we've all seen this season how many cute things he is capable of in the final third.

Suarez created double the chances of Rooney last season, so that point is invalid. He has as many league assists as Rooney does in 2013/14, too. Suarez has been booked HALF the amount of times at Rooney this season, whilst also only being booked for simulation twice in his Liverpool career (one less than Januzaj, for instance).

Suarez scores double the amount of Rooney per game, has had twice as many shots (despite being out for the first two months of the season).
    I would say that you wasted your breath responding to what looks like a fairly run-of-the-mill troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrexhamfc)
    I would say that you wasted your breath responding to what looks like a fairly run-of-the-mill troll.
    http://eplindex.com/tag/luis-suarez-vs-wayne-rooney

You can't judge a player on half a season alone.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that Suarez is better than Rooney, but how does this prove it? If he shoots twice as much then he should score twice as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Go home, you're drunk.
    No I am not. Zlatan could never play in the prem.

ReputationRep:
    Best player in the PL

Top 5 in the world for me.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo
    Messi
    Ibra
    Iniesta
    Suarez

That's the top 5 best players in the world in no particular order imo.

ReputationRep:
    http://eplindex.com/tag/luis-suarez-vs-wayne-rooney

You can't judge a player on half a season alone.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
    Suarez has scored 47 PL goals in the last two seasons from 56 appearances. I'm not judging on half a season.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.