Turn on thread page Beta

Can you be kicked out of university for poor attendance? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yup you can, it definitely happens in my uni but to be honest not many people sane in the head would waste £9k like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebluepurple)
    So I'm on my final year, I have been going to most of my modules for the 1st semester but for one particular module my attendance was very poor as I missed most of the lectures.
    I have received an email from the head of my course yesterday saying that the lecturer who was running one of my module was concerned that I would not succeed in his module. I am really worried if I will be kicked out from the university due to this. And whether they would take in to account that my attendance with other modules.
    I know someone who didn't attend any lectures and seminars for one of their modules in the final year, and they still passed the module with a 2:1!

ReputationRep:
    Hi my attendance is at 63% for this semester, I haven't been attending lectures because I've been going through a lot and suffering with anxiety and didn't want to have panick attacks at university. However, i have still been doing my work and studying whilst I've been off as all we do is look at the PowerPoints and write notes in class anyways and I'm doing the same at home and have been attending practical assessments and meeting my deadlines for written work and now I'm better and attending every class. Can I still be kicked off of my course?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.