The Student Room Group

Test tomorrow but I have trouble going into 5th gear! Please help.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubble999
I didn't even end up going in 5th gear during my test.

But as long as you FIX it, they can't fail you. So if you go into 3rd, don't panic, just go back into 4th calmly.

Best of luck :biggrin:

They can if its a consistant error, Though i doubt you will have to go into fifth very often

And OP push the gear stick all the way to the right till it wont move anymore and just slide it up
I had my driving test on Friday and I did same went to put it in 5 th gear n went into 3rd which I calmly corrected straight away and I failed it I was furious as my mam who's been driving years sometimes misses gear etc I drove perfect part from that mistake which I corrected and examiner sat n looked out his window whole time n just 5 min before end of test picked up his clip board then said at end ad failed cos of that 9 miners who thinks this is fair or not as a don't no weather to complain
Original post by Leanne betham
I had my driving test on Friday and I did same went to put it in 5 th gear n went into 3rd which I calmly corrected straight away and I failed it I was furious as my mam who's been driving years sometimes misses gear etc I drove perfect part from that mistake which I corrected and examiner sat n looked out his window whole time n just 5 min before end of test picked up his clip board then said at end ad failed cos of that 9 miners who thinks this is fair or not as a don't no weather to complain

You are complaining right now, about your awful driving.

As it stands you have been judged not to be safe on UK roads on your own.

How many times have you taken your test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't even used 5th gear once tbh.
Reply 44
I have the same problem.And I have another problem, if any can help!I find it hard to shift down from 5th to 4th gear.Any suggestions?Mariana Kimona<a href=
Reply 45
I have the same problem.

And I have another problem, if any can help!

I find it hard to shift down from 5th to 4th gear.

Any suggestions?

Mariana Kimona

<a href="http://www.ju.edu.jo">M</a>

http://www.ju.edu.jo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending