Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel Economics: Unit 3 Business Economics and Economic Efficiency (June 2014) EC03 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me whether its important to know the natural monopoly diagram?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shankpink)
    Can someone tell me whether its important to know the natural monopoly diagram?
    Of course it is important. you have to draw the diagram, may be monopoly profit making diagram when writing about a monopolist making abnormal profit

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Edward Cullen;47776978]Of course it is important. you have to draw the diagram, may be monopoly profit making diagram when writing about a monopolist making abnormal profit[/Q

Thanx. well then just monopoly diagram is just enough right rather than focusing on the exact natural monopoly diagram?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=shankpink;47776984]
    (Original post by Edward Cullen)
    Of course it is important. you have to draw the diagram, may be monopoly profit making diagram when writing about a monopolist making abnormal profit[/Q

Thanx. well then just monopoly diagram is just enough right rather than focusing on the exact natural monopoly diagram?
    Yehh!! have you been revising well for the exam? which websites are you using for revising..??

ReputationRep:
    Yehh!! have you been revising well for the exam? which websites are you using for revising..??

yah i hav completed everything. its really useful to refer this website. i got many exam strategies
    http://econsguide.blogspot.com/search?q=unit+3

ReputationRep:
    yah i have been revisiong all the pastpapers from june 2005 and then tutor2u sounds better. And certain websites got exam strategies

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Edward Cullen;47777011]

yah i have been revisiong all the pastpapers from june 2005 and then tutor2u sounds better. And certain websites got exam strategies

ReputationRep:
    sounds good! predictions for the exam? hope nothing related to PFI will come up. I hate all about regulations and PFI...

ReputationRep:
    sounds good! predictions for the exam? hope nothing related to PFI will come up. I hate all about regulations and PFI...
    yah even i hate that. i dont think it would be coming as it was already tested last june. how about ofwat regulations?

ReputationRep:
    yah even i hate that. i dont think it would be coming as it was already tested last june. how about ofwat regulations?
    What the hell is that?! Is it in the specification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demhka)
    What the hell is that?! Is it in the specification?
    I have no idea but in pastpapers it had been questioned. So I doubt that. Its something like cc but related tu improve effieciency in the utilities which has natural monopoly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terk)
    Where do you get your notes from? Tutor2u doesnt have much on regulation tbh and that the only source I really use for notes, thanks.
    I use the Philip Allan book

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure it will come up. My teacher told there is probability of questions relating to Competition commission and regulations...

ReputationRep:
    for any one who wants notes of regulations...Why does the government intervene in markets to maintain competition.docx hope its useful...

ReputationRep:

yah i hav completed everything. its really useful to refer this website. i got many exam strategies
    http://econsguide.blogspot.com/search?q=unit+3
    for any one who wants notes of regulations...Why does the government intervene in markets to maintain competition.docx hope its useful...
    Good notes guys What do you think is likely to come up/ predictions? Everyone is saying regulation??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    Good notes guys What do you think is likely to come up/ predictions? Everyone is saying regulation??
    Price discrimination could come up as a 12 marker I think. you should learn the diagrams for it I would say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aminkaram)
    Price discrimination could come up as a 12 marker I think. you should learn the diagrams for it I would say.
    Thanks, but that's just a normal costs and revenue diagram? What do they look like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    Thanks, but that's just a normal costs and revenue diagram? What do they look like?
    No there's three separate diagrams which together show price discrimination. One for the elastic part of the market one for the inelastic part and one for the entire market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aminkaram)
    No there's three separate diagrams which together show price discrimination. One for the elastic part of the market one for the inelastic part and one for the entire market.
    Can you draw it on paint and upload it here or google images of what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    Can you draw it on paint and upload it here or google images of what you mean?
    There's different ways to show it. This is one:
    http://www.economicsonline.co.uk/Bus...nation-SNP.png

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.