Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Suarez vs Hernandez? Watch

• View Poll Results: Suarez vs Hernandez?
    Suarez
    63.79%
    Hernandez
    36.21%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 122025278)
    You give Hernandez too much credit, I don't think he has much pace and I also do not think he is good at one on ones. The majority of the goals he gets for Utd tend to be in the 12-6 yard box, or closer, where you have little time to think.

I've never seen him latch onto a through ball and sprint away from the defence then round/chip/slide it past the keeper, not his game, but then to be fair Man Utd don't play that game, all they seem to be able to do is hoof crosses from the full backs into a packed box 60 times a game, allowing the opposition to catch them on the counter.
    Hernandez was the fastest player at 2010 World Cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You give Hernandez too much credit, I don't think he has much pace and I also do not think he is good at one on ones. The majority of the goals he gets for Utd tend to be in the 12-6 yard box, or closer, where you have little time to think.

I've never seen him latch onto a through ball and sprint away from the defence then round/chip/slide it past the keeper, not his game, but then to be fair Man Utd don't play that game, all they seem to be able to do is hoof crosses from the full backs into a packed box 60 times a game, allowing the opposition to catch them on the counter.
    Well he was the fastest recorded player at the 2010 WC, according to Fifa's own analysis. He is a fast player, for sure. I remember him scoring a couple of 1v1s as you describe there at Utd but yes, he's certainly more of an instinctive finisher in and around the 6 yd box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    i actually can't believe only 60% of people have voted for suarez here.

obviously about 30% of people voting for hernandez only do it because they hate suarez
    and the other 10% are biased united fans.

i don't really see a comparison; it doesn't make sense in my mind
    hernandez has been dormant this season, suarez is lucky. suarez's source of power was ivanovics blood, he'll flop next season unless he feeds again before the season ends. there is no comparison because clearly there is a galactic gap between the strikers and hernandez is leading the line.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez is a racist, a diver, someone who cheats, pulls people's hair and bites others. He is the most hated man in football.

ReputationRep:
    Voted Hernandez but thought it was about the Swansea one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    hernandez has been dormant this season, suarez is lucky. suarez's source of power was ivanovics blood, he'll flop next season unless he feeds again before the season ends. there is no comparison because clearly there is a galactic gap between the strikers and hernandez is leading the line.
    KJI went in man, respect brudda.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

:coma: :coma: :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)

:coma: :coma: :coma:
    Would Suarez have the audacity to try that? Thought not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Hernandez was the fastest player at 2010 World Cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He reportedly had the fastest recorded speed at the world cup, that doesn't mean he was faster than all of the other players at the world cup. I'd also like to know exactly when the measurement was taken and whether he was running with or without the ball. But lets say it's true.

1) If Real played a lowly team who were boxed in their own half all match, you'd find that Ronaldo and Bale would have a relatively low top speed for that match, just because of the nature of the game. You need ample space to run into to accelerate and reach that top speed.

2) It doesn't mean he's fast running with he ball. If the measurement was taken when he was sprinting into space during a counter attack that's different than blitzing down the pitch with a ball at your feet. There are probably plenty of league 2 strikers as fast or faster than top Premier League strikers.

3) The WC was 4 years ago. From what I've seen of Hernandez, especially recently, he's looked very sluggish, which I think is partly due to weight and fitness. But age too is important. Pace is one of those attributes that deteriorates the most with age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Name:  i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-11372-1920x1200.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  386.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Well he was the fastest recorded player at the 2010 WC, according to Fifa's own analysis. He is a fast player, for sure. I remember him scoring a couple of 1v1s as you describe there at Utd but yes, he's certainly more of an instinctive finisher in and around the 6 yd box.
    I dispute the fastest player statistic and even if he was, how was it defined and how is it significant, I've elaborated in a reply to someone else below.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Voted Hernandez but thought it was about the Swansea one
    Damn it I thought OP meant Xavi Hernandez. OP should have been clearer

ReputationRep:
    I dispute the fastest player statistic and even if he was, how was it defined and how is it significant, I've elaborated in a reply to someone else below.
    Here is the wikipedia note, although the link to the actual stat itself appears to be broken. I think it was the fastest recorded speed, although that does not make him "the fastest player" as FKLW seems to think it does. But it does show that he's a quick player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeroic)
    Damn it I thought OP meant Xavi Hernandez. OP should have been clearer
    Too many for Suarez to compete with. I'm surprised he's winning the poll tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Here is the wikipedia note, although the link to the actual stat itself appears to be broken. I think it was the fastest recorded speed, although that does not make him "the fastest player" as FKLW seems to think it does. But it does show that he's a quick player.
    No doubt he was, at that time, a fast player. We still don't know if that was with or without the ball though, nor what distance they were measuring it over. Like I said, there will be plenty of players in league 2, especially younger ones, who are faster than players in their equivalent positions in the premier league.

However, it was 4 years ago, consequently he's 4 years older. He's looked sluggish and slow recently, I think he's definitely lose a couple of yards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    Name:  i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-11372-1920x1200.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  386.0 KB

fans after watchin suarez play a game. "fast pace" football my ass, if he makes team of the season we all know the FA is corrupt.

ReputationRep:
    Claudio Suarez - The greatest Mexican footballer of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bashur)
    He is the most hated man in football.
    Nah Joey Barton...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Nah Joey Barton...
    Nope. He isn't as bad, Suarez is much worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bashur)
    Nope. He isn't as bad, Suarez is much worse.
    Yes, after all Suarez is the one that goes around putting cigarette butts out in people's eyes and battering his teammates.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.