Turn on thread page Beta

Can a naturally unattractive guy become attractive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotliketea)
    i literally don't get why guys think every girl is shallow

personally , i don't even really notice if a guy is hot. i'm like oh there's a person to talk to - and if you're interesting , i'll like you. i know a lot of girls who are like this - it's about the type of guy you're dating , rather than how hot he is , because i will personally always choose the guy who will treat me right instead of the guy who looks nice but i feel like ****.

if you don't have a good personality , do more things! spend your money on experiences - they make you interesting , and i could talk for hours to a guy who's gone out and done something with his life rather than sat in and moped about how unattractive he is. confidence is attractive , being nice is attractive , smiling... and if you're that bothered about spots , go to the doctors. they can give you cream and tablets.

hope that helps
    I think every girl is shallow in terms of appearance. There's nothing wrong with it, though. Shallow's just a negative word...I think all guys are shallow in terms of looks/attraction too. Also, as I've said before on this thread, being hot and nice aren't mutually exclusive, I don't know why people bring up "rather nice than hot" in threads of this nature...isn't that a bit of a tangent?

What I don't like is the myth perpetuated by people that a great personality will get you everywhere with women, on in the case of women, with men. Sexual attraction on a physical level matters...it may be to varying degrees but it does.

I completely disagree with your entire second paragraph, I refer you to my post on page 2 as my reason. I can appreciate that you might be less shallow in terms of physical appearances than the average person, but that's really not the norm, and there's no point misguiding someone.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, most certainly.

ReputationRep:
    You can sort acne/spots/whatever out. The rest is really not that significant. If you make the best of yourself, I haven't found actually come across anyone who is actually, truly ugly.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.