AQA ELLA 1 & 2 revision!! Watch

OllieeW
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by apatel31)
In June 2010, the production question was to write Blanche's diary after events in scene One, that would have been a really nice question. Has you teacher hinted at any thing else?

Which other text are you studying for ELLA1?
No other hints but the order of production tasks goes;
jun 10: Blanche diary
Jan 11: Stella letter
Jun 11: Stanley playscript
Jan 12: Stella diary
Jun 12: Blanche letter
Jan 13: Stella and Mitch playscript
Jun 13: Stanley playscript

So it does seem Blanche and diary is due but anything can happen with aqa!!!

The other text i am doing is The Kite Runner
apatel31
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OllieeW)
No other hints but the order of production tasks goes;
jun 10: Blanche diary
Jan 11: Stella letter
Jun 11: Stanley playscript
Jan 12: Stella diary
Jun 12: Blanche letter
Jan 13: Stella and Mitch playscript
Jun 13: Stanley playscript

So it does seem Blanche and diary is due but anything can happen with aqa!!!

The other text i am doing is The Kite Runner

Yep, it definitely seems like the obvious choice would be Blanche and diary. Regretting picking English so much right now!!
jemma1223
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
any ideas for analytical Q for streetcar??
or production task for spies?
atiyaaloveszaynx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm so scared for tomorrow! I'm doing Streetcar and The Kite Runner and nothing's going in! I can't remember anything! If anyone has anything for Kite Runner production and Analytical Streetcar that can help it will be very much appreciated!
nerdynatalie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you remembered certain extracts? If the Duke, Angelo or Isabella came up, which extracts would you use to compare?

Well, I can remember some key quotes, but I haven't actually learnt them yet, I'm going to remember like 2 for each character. Depends if in the scene they're portrayed as good or bad people tbh
nerdynatalie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jemma1223)
any ideas for analytical Q for streetcar??
or production task for spies?
Production for spies will probably be diary or letter, maybe an autobiography of Keith later in life on about his childhood? They like autobiographies.. Maybe Keith's father diary? Or stephen's diary after the bayonet? Or Barbara's diary after he kiss I'm not really sure :/
praiseob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Good luck to everyone. Remember guys don't stress out too much. Use terminology in section A and explain points thoroughly and try and get a sense of characters voice in B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
atiyaaloveszaynx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ILikeBoats)
Doing Streetcar (analytical question) and Kite Runner (production task) for ELLA 1 and ****TING IT. :O Also, All My Sons for ELLA 2. My school is crap, ****ing finally got us a teacher who could teach A-Level English Lang/Lit in January! Wanted us to study online, it took months but they finally gave in... anyway I'm hoping I could scrape into an A although I wouldn't cry myself to sleep and piss my pants if I got a C! If I don't get a B or an A though, I won't carry it on into next year! LOTS OF EXCLAMATORY SENTENCES!
I'm doing those too, but measure for measure for ELLA 2! I'm so scared tomorrow, see our teacher for kite runner left over 2 months ago, and from September till February, all we did for kite runner was analyse 3 random scenes in the play. So there's no chance of me passing that! ARGHHH I was hoping for an A but i'm probably gonna get a C tomorrow. I can get an A in ELLA 2 which hopefully would go to a B which I wouldn't be unhappy about. But i'm not ready for tomorrow
nerdynatalie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We can do this guys!!! Come on!
Milanikins
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So what happens marks wise if you answered question 1 and 2 on the same text..?
praiseob
Rep:
?
How did people find it???? I thought it went very well

Posted from TSR Mobile
OllieeW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thought it was good questions! I did The Kite Runner for section a and streetcar for b, i hate production task but thought the streetcar task wasnt too bad!
nerdynatalie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Milanikins)
So what happens marks wise if you answered question 1 and 2 on the same text..?
I think that they only take 1 answer (the one you did best in) or they might just mark production! Please tell me you didn't 😯
Milanikins
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nerdynatalie)
I think that they only take 1 answer (the one you did best in) or they might just mark production! Please tell me you didn't 😯
Sadly I did. My teacher did no recap on the exam so I forgot and just dove straight in to it :l

Posted from TSR Mobile
apatel31
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What was the analytical question for Streetcar?
Milanikins
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What was the analytical question for Streetcar?
How is stanley portrayed around his male friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
beaglesbeagles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im doing this qualification from home as i have been doing three A levels at college and i didn't have time to squeeze engligh in however, i love english and did the exam this morning for ella 1 however i haven't even read all my sons yet due to all of my deadlines and so I'm slightly terrified about fridays ella 2 exam I'm horrible with the technical terms and terminology so I'm trying to revise it all now any advice? thanks in advance
praiseob
Rep:
?
(Original post by OllieeW)
Thought it was good questions! I did The Kite Runner for section a and streetcar for b, i hate production task but thought the streetcar task wasnt too bad!
The streetcar question was quite an alright one I thought, it could have been a lot worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
nerdynatalie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by beaglesbeagles)
im doing this qualification from home as i have been doing three A levels at college and i didn't have time to squeeze engligh in however, i love english and did the exam this morning for ella 1 however i haven't even read all my sons yet due to all of my deadlines and so I'm slightly terrified about fridays ella 2 exam I'm horrible with the technical terms and terminology so I'm trying to revise it all now any advice? thanks in advance
Do note cards. So note card for structure with terms, and one for language, and just remember them and just dive into the exam, highlight the sheets you get and just try and remember features speech
beaglesbeagles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nerdynatalie)
Do note cards. So note card for structure with terms, and one for language, and just remember them and just dive into the exam, highlight the sheets you get and just try and remember features speech
ah brilliant thank you! this is going to sound really silly but what do you mean by structure? like a plan for how to construct essays?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?