Do you think that england has chance in world cup? Watch

Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nembhard)
i am sure its easy to get into 6th form? why do you say that?
All As in the subjects I wanna study. Would be okay but I've simply not done enough revision. I regret it but what can be done - it's sorta too late.
nembhard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Jalal Uddin)
All As in the subjects I wanna study. Would be okay but I've simply not done enough revision. I regret it but what can be done - it's sorta too late.
tell me subject you doing? and sorta grades you got in mock exam for each
Carpe Diem Jay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
tell me subject you doing? and sorta grades you got in mock exam for each
History and Lit I'm struggling with. Doing terrible in Lit, doing alright in History but those were specific topic tests. Overall I've barely revised 1/2 of the content.
the-black-lotus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No.
MathsAddict
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Group A

Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon
Group B

Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia
Group C

Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan
Group D

Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy
Group E

Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras
Group F

Argentina, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Iran, Nigeria
Group G

Germany, Portugal, Ghana, United States
Group H

Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea
nembhard
Rep:
?
i am sure you will do well
hello101010
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mattv72)
Germany have no chance whatsoever. Firstly, a South American team is going to win, but also Germany have no striker. Klose is too old, so won't be as good as he has been in the past. Brazil have the best chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because Spain always used a striker in the three tournaments they won.... wait wut
hello101010
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by srikanthsrnvs123)
Bro, brazil have no chance. theyre team is way to controversial, i mean neymar get injured every ten minutes, and hes the only world-class player they have. Germany have the best chance, just look at their team, and if gomez makes a return from his injuries, they have about an 80% chance at the cup. youve gotta admit, their midfield is probably the best in europe, if you dont count spains scripted style of play. hopefully, poldy might make the cut to play more up front. his left foot is ****ing lethal
Brazil are favourites bro
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Our midfield is the best it has been in years, unfortunately the same can't be said of our defensive options. Can see us scoring a few more than we are accustomed to. I think we have enough to get 2nd place in the group but can't see us getting past that point, presumably Columbia will win group C and they will be way too good for us, especially since they are accustomed to the conditions. Brazil are definite favourites to win the cup, although Columbia and Argentina have a good chance too, don't believe Spain will do as well as people think, can honestly see Chile topping their group. Barcelona have been poor this season and that is most of the squad, plus Brazil outclassed them in the Confederations Cup final. Germany are the only European team with a realistic chance for me.
hello101010
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FKLW)
I don't think it will man, it maybe improve recent performances but think that at one point we had this team:

GK (whoever lol, Robinson)
Neville Terry Ferdinand Cole
Beckham Gerrard Lampard J. Cole
Owen Rooney

Or to that effect, and we still got nowhere near! That team should've got to a SF at least imo.

So wrt to the Liverpool core, when Hodgson sends them out in a boring, dinasour formation it won't matter tbh, he won't play Sterling in the hole, Gerrard as a 'quaterback', Henderson as box-to-box etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a great team, arguably every player is 'world class' apart from Robinson and Cole.

Although it was even better in 02 and 04, and we actually came very close in both of those, only going out due to that free kick and pens (and we should've already been through if it wasn't for a disallowed goal).
hello101010
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by justanotherposter)
Our midfield is the best it has been in years, unfortunately the same can't be said of our defensive options. Can see us scoring a few more than we are accustomed to. I think we have enough to get 2nd place in the group but can't see us getting past that point, presumably Columbia will win group C and they will be way too good for us, especially since they are accustomed to the conditions. Brazil are definite favourites to win the cup, although Columbia and Argentina have a good chance too, don't believe Spain will do as well as people think, can honestly see Chile topping their group. Barcelona have been poor this season and that is most of the squad, plus Brazil outclassed them in the Confederations Cup final. Germany are the only European team with a realistic chance for me.
How many years are we talking? I don't think it's anything special really, Gerrard isn't as good as he was and there's a few that aren't there yet but will be in 2 years
AnharM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mattv72)
Germany have no chance whatsoever. Firstly, a South American team is going to win, but also Germany have no striker. Klose is too old, so won't be as good as he has been in the past. Brazil have the best chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Germany play with a false 9, they use Gotze as a false 9. They'll be fine. They have a big chance, one of the favourites, but they always seem to mess up in the semi-finals. I'm going for Argentina or Portugal.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FKLW)
Yeah defo man. Pains me to say this lol but if was the England manager I'd mirror Liverpool's formation/ tactics (maybe a little more defensive), slot in the Pool players and tell the rest of them to adapt. And if they don't want to then boot them out!

My team would be:

Hart
Johnson Cahill Jagielka Baines
Gerrard
Henderson Barkley
Sterling
Rooney Sturridge

Maybe slightly attacking yes but may as well go out in a blaze of glory!
i agree - the fact is that on current form, the team must consist of 5 liverpool players, therefore a liverpool playing style would most likely be the best option

if playing a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, i would be playing lallana over barkley, but definitely substituting him on in the second half

although i think the best option for england would be to play a 4-2-1-3 of sorts, with sterling and lallana pushing forward on the wings either side of sturridge with rooney in just behind

in any case, england definitely have one of the strongest attacks out there atm, although i don't think we have the defensive solidity to go far.
FKLW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
I think that England team is a tad overrated, prefer the one from the late 90's. Just look at the list of players who didn't make the cut in 1998 for example - Gazza, Dion Dublin, Nicky Butt, Phil Neville, Andy Hinchcliffe, Ian Wright, Jamie Redknapp, Andy Cole, Matt Le Tissier, Frank Lampard, Robbie Fowler, Chris Sutton.
That was before my time tbh so didn't wanna comment! The 'golden generation' definitely under-performed though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
FKLW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
i agree - the fact is that on current form, the team must consist of 5 liverpool players, therefore a liverpool playing style would most likely be the best option

if playing a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, i would be playing lallana over barkley, but definitely substituting him on in the second half

although i think the best option for england would be to play a 4-2-1-3 of sorts, with sterling and lallana pushing forward on the wings either side of sturridge with rooney in just behind

in any case, england definitely have one of the strongest attacks out there atm, although i don't think we have the defensive solidity to go far.
Yeah was debating over whether Lallana should slot in out considered him more of a wide man? As in the left or right of a 4-2-3-1.

Our defence is appalling tbh. I rage about Terry not being in. Why they can't move on is beyond me. A Cahill- Terry partnership and we'd actually have a half chance. It's annoying because we're ruining ourselves over pride issues- you don't see Uruguay dropping Suarez.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Old_Simon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FKLW)
Yeah was debating over whether Lallana should slot in out considered him more of a wide man? As in the left or right of a 4-2-3-1.

Our defence is appalling tbh. I rage about Terry not being in. Why they can't move on is beyond me. A Cahill- Terry partnership and we'd actually have a half chance. It's annoying because we're ruining ourselves over pride issues- you don't see Uruguay dropping Suarez.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only England could manage to leave Terry and Cole on the beach in Florida during the WC.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
it isn't a massive difference which side sterling/lallana play; i think they could interchange a fair amount over a match
would be beneficial since lallana is skillful and sterling is very fast, so it would be a big change for both opposing fullbacks if they swapped flanks

terry is the best CB we have had in a long time
i don't care about his personal life, all i care about is what happens on the pitch
precisely
i'm worried aboutb uruguay's attack, but their defence is suspect, so we could exploit that very well
italy are fairly balanced so that will be just who is better on the day
we'll probably get 4 points from italy and uruguay but then go out after losing to costa rica...

mate, i should be the manager:cool:
mrfletch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Win? No, I can't see that happening- but everyone's expectations of England are so low these days that they've really got nothing to lose and everything to prove. The team might just surprise us all and do quite well. Maybe.
Tufto
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I believe that England has chance to win the world cup, but i want to hear your opinion:cute:
We shall lose to Uruguay and Italy, and not get out of the group stage. And then we can all get on with our lives.
nembhard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tufto)
We shall lose to Uruguay and Italy, and not get out of the group stage. And then we can all get on with our lives.
lol. you sound like not england fan or football fan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1375)
79.53%
Leave (354)
20.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise