AQA GCSE French - Monday 12th May 2014 Watch

thatlizziegirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got heart attack too! The hardest part for me was the last reading question - what did everyone get for advantages/disadvantages of old and new media?
Hectic silencez
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What the f*CK did elodie say in the listening.
wisemangirl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Radical Lemon)
Does anyone know the answer to the first one?

America - good
Britain - mixed
Brazil - good
Australia - bad?

that is wat I put too!
Hectic silencez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wisemangirl)
that is wat I put too!
You got the Brazil one wrong.
zhuzhu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jennywasteslives)
I found the reading okay... But the listening was awful, I was hoping for an A* in French but after that listening I doubt I'll get it What answers did people get for the solar panels question?
I could not make out a single word for the second speaker on the solar panel question. I just guessed something about building an ecofriendly house that's obviously unrelated but meh, I'd be grateful if it scraped me a few marks. But for the third I put down: it's sunny every day & it will take around 10 years to pay back.
wisemangirl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
found listening quite hard and reading quite easy but im sorry wth is a refuse collector? I had no idea so I put road sweeper but I guess that's wrong. WHY COULDNT THEY JUST SAY GARBAGE MAN!!!! wth was the solar panel one on about tho.
GCSEsitter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thatlizziegirl)
I got heart attack too! The hardest part for me was the last reading question - what did everyone get for advantages/disadvantages of old and new media?
Something along the lines of:

Can catch up on things around the world almost immediately
Can relax after long day of school
Can see/hear political debates

Videos which cannot be shown on TV because of censorship
Things not from political point of view
Things which aren't allowed on TV because of governments

Is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
zhuzhu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by itsConnor_)
Same apart from for Brazil it said they had a lot of water, BUT a lot of people in towns don't have water in their houses - I put 'Bad', although it could be mixed?

I personally found the listening much easier than usual and the reading not too bad.

But what the heck is a refuse collector? I hope it's a binman :mad:
I chose refuse collector too- but surely AQA could have just put binman so NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS can understand it.
zhuzhu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GCSEsitter)
Something along the lines of:

Can catch up on things around the world almost immediately
Can relax after long day of school
Can see/hear political debates

Videos which cannot be shown on TV because of censorship
Things not from political point of view
Things which aren't allowed on TV because of governments

Is this right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put literally the same points as you apart from 'things which aren't allowed on Tv because of governments' i had something like things aren't repeated on the internet unlike on TV-- meh that doesn't even make sense but I couldn't find anything else
Radical Lemon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hectic silencez)
You got the Brazil one wrong.
For Brazil it said there was enough water but not enough was distributed to towns, on that basis the weather is good - the lack of distribution is a social problem.
dammoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yh i was kinda confused about the party one... from what i can see i only picked up 2-3 marks there.. also a lot of my friends are saying that he was scared that his dad mightve have had a heart attack or cardiac arrest... i knew thats what it translated to in the exams but i thought the answer was a bit random so i put his dad had cardiac problems.. would that be an acceptable answer ?
dammoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had the last question but i know one answer was that theres less censorship on the net
lizardpotato
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dammoo)
yh i was kinda confused about the party one... from what i can see i only picked up 2-3 marks there.. also a lot of my friends are saying that he was scared that his dad mightve have had a heart attack or cardiac arrest... i knew thats what it translated to in the exams but i thought the answer was a bit random so i put his dad had cardiac problems.. would that be an acceptable answer ?
I can see them being very picky about what they'll allow for the heart attack one... I doubt you'll get cardiac problems, but they might allow cardiac arrest - I think the definitive answer was heart attack
lizardpotato
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That question really annoyed me - I got the gist of every point, knew what it was saying and which media it was talking about, other than the one about reporters all over the world (I put old media) but I had no idea how to phrase it... It was a very political paper overall, and this last question was really serious for a usually lighthearted exam
jennywasteslives
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wisemangirl)
found listening quite hard and reading quite easy but im sorry wth is a refuse collector? I had no idea so I put road sweeper but I guess that's wrong. WHY COULDNT THEY JUST SAY GARBAGE MAN!!!! wth was the solar panel one on about tho.
I put road sweeper too! I'm not certain, but I think it said someone along the lines of him being friends with the binmen through his job, so I assumed he wasn't one of them and idek about the solar panels I had no idea.
GCSEsitter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zhuzhu)
I put literally the same points as you apart from 'things which aren't allowed on Tv because of governments' i had something like things aren't repeated on the internet unlike on TV-- meh that doesn't even make sense but I couldn't find anything else
I might have wrote down that you can watch videos as many times as you like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
was the second person a teacher?
Mannz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Radical Lemon)
For the relationships one i got:
D
E
B
C

The questions were like:
Who likes to spoil themselves?
?
Who likes feeling welcomed?
Who likes relationships?
Who likes being appreciated in relationships I think
Radical Lemon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
was the second person a teacher?
Nurse I believe
itishannah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
IT'S SO REASSURING TO KNOW THAT I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO FOUND BOTH THE TESTS HARD!!!
and by the way in the reading, did anyone else notice the guy who said he had been saving up to buy solar panels since he was 10....... i was like really m8
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.07%
Yes - they're famous (285)
25.36%