The Student Room Group

AQA AS HISTORY EXAM 14th May thread

Scroll to see replies

1L here, bashed through 4 past papers today so looking good ;D
Reply 41
Original post by Aaisha.Akhtar
I have a feeling the leadership contest, cult or intolerance to diversity will come up for Russia. I would not be happy if collectivisation or if industrialisation and FYPs came up!

For Germany, perhaps Hitler's rise to power? Or intolerance to diversity.

I don't think ideology will come up, as last years paper was ideology heavy.

What do you guys think?

I agree about Hitler's rise to power and intolerance of diversity, or at least that's what I'm hoping for. If intolerance comes up for Russia too then I would be in love with AQA.

I'm weaker when it comes to the Cult of Personalities :colondollar:
Original post by Libbie-
I agree about Hitler's rise to power and intolerance of diversity, or at least that's what I'm hoping for. If intolerance comes up for Russia too then I would be in love with AQA.

I'm weaker when it comes to the Cult of Personalities :colondollar:

i feel so nervous!! I really want an A!
Reply 43
Original post by Aaisha.Akhtar
i feel so nervous!! I really want an A!

Same! History is the A-level I care most about for the A. There's just so much information though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
So how did everybody find the exam?
Unit 1C : The reformation in Europe 12 marker on the Peace of Augsburg was horrible. I don't remember covering that but the other questions were good
Reply 46
Found both 24 markers for Russia and Germany horrible! Completely messed up my timings too, oh well! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1L was perfect! In mock we had done three out of six of the questions!! Happy :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by maarg13
Found both 24 markers for Russia and Germany horrible! Completely messed up my timings too, oh well! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the German one to be okay but the Russia one had me wasting so much time and I have little hope on that one :frown:
1N was average. Absolutely loved the Hitler questions and the 12 marker for Russia but the Russian 24 marker really ruined the paper.

01: Explain why the USSR was intolerant of diversity in the 1930s
02: How far was the Soviet Union a Marxist state by 1941?

05: Explain why there was a cult of the Fuhrer in Nazi Germany
06: How important was the Nazi ideology in Hitler's establishment of power between 1928 and August 1934?
Original post by maarg13

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the Russian one easy but completely messed up the German one as I got confused with what it was asking :frown:
Reply 51
Original post by Libbie-
I found the German one to be okay but the Russia one had me wasting so much time and I have little hope on that one :frown:

Yeah, I spent way too long on the Russian one which left me with no time at all for the Germany one which is why I think I struggled!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by Sharnie6
I found the Russian one easy but completely messed up the German one as I got confused with what it was asking :frown:

The dates really threw me as it covered path to Chancellor and Fuhrer! How far did you argue it was important or whatever?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maarg13
The dates really threw me as it covered path to Chancellor and Fuhrer! How far did you argue it was important or whatever?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I started to write about rise to power (wrong dates -.-) then got up to the end of rise to power realised I did it wrong with 10 minutes to go :L so I amanged to write a mini essay mentioning gleichshaltung and night of the long knives- but looking up it seems that I did write some valid stuff in my first attempt but crossed most of it out :'(
Reply 54
Just glad it's over. Think it was ok could've been much worse just the Germany 24 mark was sooo broad!!
Reply 55
Original post by Sharnie6
I started to write about rise to power (wrong dates -.-) then got up to the end of rise to power realised I did it wrong with 10 minutes to go :L so I amanged to write a mini essay mentioning gleichshaltung and night of the long knives- but looking up it seems that I did write some valid stuff in my first attempt but crossed most of it out :'(

Ah, that's how I felt! I was in such a rush and just ended up listing a load of suff more that explaining! :frown: All we can do is hope for the best now I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did anyone write for the intolerance of diversity for the Russia question and Marxism question?

Also, for the Germany 24marker was it ok to speak about:
Industry and agricultural crisis
Role of the elites
Propaganda
Terror and violence
Intimidation with the SA
Elections
Reichstag fire- Enabling Act and Protection of people and state
And then the death of Hindenburg and Oath of loyalty and say in comparison the ideology wasn't as important as other reasons. Also, i missed out the night of the long knives, will that be ok??
Original post by maarg13
Ah, that's how I felt! I was in such a rush and just ended up listing a load of suff more that explaining! :frown: All we can do is hope for the best now I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

fingers crossed for us :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by ZackMillar
What did anyone write for the intolerance of diversity for the Russia question and Marxism question?

Also, for the Germany 24marker was it ok to speak about:
Industry and agricultural crisis
Role of the elites
Propaganda
Terror and violence
Intimidation with the SA
Elections
Reichstag fire- Enabling Act and Protection of people and state
And then the death of Hindenburg and Oath of loyalty and say in comparison the ideology wasn't as important as other reasons. Also, i missed out the night of the long knives, will that be ok??

I said the USSR was intolerant due to Marxism, fear of Nazi invasion/Stalin's fear of opposition and Stalin's desire for power.

For the 24 marker I put something along the lines of: it was due to purge of church, collectivisation, industry creating more proletariats, removal of Nepmen and re-educating people through youth groups vs it wasn't because of political rather than economic determinism, still some privatisation, reintroduction of money after War Communism and the fact that there was a dictator/classes still so not everyone was equal. Overall I said by 1941 it was less so due to reopening of the churches due to war... How about you?

I wouldn't worry about not mentioning night of the long knives, you have still put in way more evidence than I did!! What was your overall judgement for this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ScienceGeek!
1L was perfect! In mock we had done three out of six of the questions!! Happy :biggrin:

Ah that's great ScienceGeek! But so wierd as our teacher predicted 3 out of the six also, crazy!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending