The Student Room Group

Edexcel IT exam (14 May)

Scroll to see replies

What time is your exams tomorrow? 9:00?
same i dont know why i chose it aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mines 8:30 to 10:00. Really hope its an easy paper. I feel im owed after some of the ones ive done this week :frown:
This powerpoints a really good starting point for cramming (not made by me)
ict is really the worst subject lol hate it with a passion.
Reply 45
ICT is the biggest pile of **** I have ever done, I expected a lot more but its just sit on the computer for two years and do some crappy coursework the teachers doesn't give a crap about and the exam is nonsense

Am i the only one who noticed/ found it weird that 'nipple' was listed under 'Pointing Devices' ...... o.O
Roughly how are you all going to structure your answer to the 6 mark question(s)? Will you make 6 points?
Original post by CurleysWife
ICT is honestly the biggest piece of sht I have done. I have NO IDEA why I chose it!

This has nothing to do with ICT, but did you get your username from 'Of Mice and Men' (and are you, by any chance, studying that for GCSE?) why did you chose 'Curley's wife'? I'm curious...
Original post by happysmile
This has nothing to do with ICT, but did you get your username from 'Of Mice and Men' (and are you, by any chance, studying that for GCSE?) why did you chose 'Curley's wife'? I'm curious...

Yeah it's based on the novella, "Of Mice and Men". I'm really hoping for the literature question to be based on her character, because I have loads to talk about e.g. Marxism, Feminism, Women's rights 1930s etc...
Original post by CallumS343
Roughly how are you all going to structure your answer to the 6 mark question(s)? Will you make 6 points?

My technique: write anything and everything I think of. :smile:
3 mid length paragraphs, one mark for the point and the second forvan explanation. Hopefully if u stick to that rule you can get the full six marks without a doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG this exam was so much more easy than I was expecting! :smile:
How did everyone else find the exam?
Original post by CurleysWife
OMG this exam was so much more easy than I was expecting! :smile:
How did everyone else find the exam?

Pretty easy overall, gender question was a bit weird though :s-smilie:

It was GSM for the phone messages one right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by majmuh24

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I put, and for the gender question, I just put that some applications may be seen as stereotypically more feminine and therefore appeal to the female gender more.
Original post by majmuh24

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put smtp but i think im wrong and your right
Reply 56
IT was prettty gooooood :biggrin: soo lucky :biggrin:

now its igcse physics tomorrow
What did you guys put for the last 6 marker? I just made up a load of BS about how IT skills are essential in a modern society and some of the advantages/disadvantages of having access to the Internet and other similar tech :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the exam was good apart from those whiteboard questions :s-smilie: confused me and the open source question wth?
Reply 59
one of the worst it exams ive ever done, questions were worded really poorly and it's sort of like the exam board needed to put in hard questions so they added questions that were just moronic

Quick Reply

Latest