Turn on thread page Beta

WJEC Geography spec B (13th May) anyone??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarenrug)
    My teachers said to expect more 6 mark questions if they had loads in theme 1 and 2.

And also climate change isn't likely to come up as it was on the paper 2 years in a row either in case studies or the actual theme of the paper.

other than that, theme 3 is hard to guess,

a really good revision website is ace geography....has literally everything and case studies.

Good luck.

http://www.acegeography.com/wjec-b-a...-revision.html
    Thank you for the website tip, wish I had this earlier, looks a good resource! Everywhere else seems to be for AQA Geography...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OPR)
    Thank you for the website tip, wish I had this earlier, looks a good resource! Everywhere else seems to be for AQA Geography...
    Lol same, I sort of just found out about it! It is really helpful! and your welcome

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips on how to go about preparing/answering the DME? Tha'ts where i tend to lose most of the marks

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses for theme 3 tomorrow? Im really worried because of how difficult the first one was!
    Do you think the structure for the Problem Solving Paper will change?

ReputationRep:
    theme may ask about climate change and impacts, employment sectors (a Wjec exam board favourite). The case studies will probs be on A trans boundary water Issue, and a MNC, From process of elimination of past papers.

the Problem solving & matrix we cannot predict but i hope you all do amazing

ReputationRep:
    I did the higher paper as well. I didn't find the paper too bad but it was the lack of time which i think throw everyone off. I particually struggled on the acid rain question though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexkate97)
    I did the higher paper as well. I didn't find the paper too bad but it was the lack of time which i think throw everyone off. I particually struggled on the acid rain question though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was the acid rain question??

ReputationRep:
    It was in the second section so it was theme2. There was a diagram that needed to be annotated (well thats what i think anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexkate97)
    It was in the second section so it was theme2. There was a diagram that needed to be annotated (well thats what i think anyway)
    That diagram was to describe relief rainfall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i know this is really later but this website is really good - has everything!

http://www.felixstoweacademy.org/pag...erial-students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chuckster111)
    i know this is really later but this website is really good - has everything!

http://www.felixstoweacademy.org/pag...erial-students
    ah i wish i'd known this site before oh well, which case studies do you think will come up tomorrow? i have 4 hours to revise what main points do you think i should aim to cover? please help!!

ReputationRep:
    Well my teacher's predictions are Development, Trade, and the case study for Aid (water aid in ghana for us)

Her predictions for theme 1 and 2 were spot on so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotteroex)
    I used the Amazon rainforest for theme 2 management of an area and for theme 1 I did retail changes about a town near where I live. I don't mind the case studies, it's the 6 mark questions that threw me
    Same! I was flipping through papers to see if there were any easy questions but every time I flipped there was a 6 mark question…And again…and again. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed__)
    ahh hopefully her predictions are right, I've done no revision and I'm relying on this haha I'm gonna do this till 1 and hope for the best
    Jheeze.. well good luck :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam then? Case study question was really easy i think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam then? Case study question was really easy i think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Meh - didn't particularly enjoy the last 6 marker of theme 3, also the part B of the DME was quite ambiguous and will probably have a *****ey mark sceme !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpetersgill)
    Meh - didn't particularly enjoy the last 6 marker of theme 3, also the part B of the DME was quite ambiguous and will probably have a *****ey mark sceme !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didnt even see that last 6 marker till the last 5 minutes :dontknow: but i put a few points down i think...

And i agree, the two businesses you had to choose being affected by dust if i recall? Thats was a load of crap.

I think the letter went okay(ish) - i chose for the quarries but i didnt really know why so i just had to use anything i could :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didnt even see that last 6 marker till the last 5 minutes :dontknow: but i put a few points down i think...

And i agree, the two businesses you had to choose being affected by dust if i recall? Thats was a load of crap.

I think the letter went okay(ish) - i chose for the quarries but i didnt really know why so i just had to use anything i could :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

such a little horrible exam, I personally think the DME is pointless, we should only do exams for WHAT WE'VE ACTUALLY LEARNT!!!

ReputationRep:
    i actually can't describe this exam lol. does any one know the grade boundaries for theme 1 &2, theme 3 and the skills paper?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the grade boundaries for the controlled assessment. it was out of 50. I got 44, just wondering what grade that is?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.