Turn on thread page Beta

What are the best things about a relationship?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Having someone who honestly and truthfully thinks I'm really really hot.

Having someone I can be myself around, which is very important when 'myself' can't find it's way home, thinks rice and red leicester is a perfectly valid meal and believes that ironing is a silly, made-up idea promoted by the ironing industry.

Having someone to look after sometimes. I quite like being a housewifey (housegirlfriendly?) type occasionally, especially since he appreciates it

Yay for guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katmarauder)
    Having someone who honestly and truthfully thinks I'm really really hot.

Having someone I can be myself around, which is very important when 'myself' can't find it's way home, thinks rice and red leicester is a perfectly valid meal and believes that ironing is a silly, made-up idea promoted by the ironing industry.

Having someone to look after sometimes. I quite like being a housewifey (housegirlfriendly?) type occasionally, especially since he appreciates it

Yay for guys!
    yes that is all great.

ReputationRep:
    Having a boy who doesnt mind taking your dog out on a walk with you,
    and will do things that you are too embarrassed to do
    (like buy my friend a french maid outfit as a joke for me)

He's "da bomb" hahahahaha.

p.s to the person who said people in relationships think single people are sad. Thats stupid. I don't. I think its nice to be single. 'Citing.

ReputationRep:
    To be able to trust someone enough to be vunerable around them...
    To be trusted enough for them to be vunerable with you...
    Not having to speak, whether near or apart and knowing everything's ok...
    Feeling their skin against yours....
    Knowing what each other is thinking, simply from looking in each others eyes...
    Acceptance....
    Laughing....
    Friendship & support, in the way you need it...
    Kisses & cuddles...
    Being really stupid and occasionally a bit crazy together...
    The fact that someone can, and you let them, make you smile all day long, even when they are not their....

ReputationRep:
    well...

the feeling of security around them, the way how you know you can be an idiot infront of them, make mistakes and they won't mind.
    being able to argue rationally and not fall out, yet laugh it off.
    being able to look them in the eye and know they're looking straight back at you.
    the way they'll remember you at times you will never imagine, or be able to question.
    the way you remember the times you both spend together.
    the way you share stupid things like coke

gah - i'm such a cheeseball.

ReputationRep:
    I never knew so many TSR people were complete softies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazarina88)
    I never knew so many TSR people were complete softies!
    actually, neither did i.
    it does feel bloody good to say stuff like that though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zafda)
    actually, neither did i.
    it does feel bloody good to say stuff like that though.
    Extremely bloody good! It makes me feel all warm that relationships can be so fulfilling and fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazarina88)
    Extremely bloody good! It makes me feel all warm that relationships can be so fulfilling and fantastic.
    gah i know!
    i think being this soppy isn't healthy, i should stop now.

the funny thing is all that stuff i said.. well i'm not even in a relationship.
    some people just make you feel that good.

(Original post by Zafda)
    well...

the feeling of security around them, the way how you know you can be an idiot infront of them, make mistakes and they won't mind.
    being able to argue rationally and not fall out, yet laugh it off.
    being able to look them in the eye and know they're looking straight back at you.
    the way they'll remember you at times you will never imagine, or be able to question.
    the way you remember the times you both spend together.
    the way you share stupid things like coke

gah - i'm such a cheeseball.
    gah you must have been in love lol :suith:

ReputationRep:
    gah! u people make me jealous... I really miss that feeling x

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling in a rather soppy mood so I'm going to babble on some more about relationships, a few of these things I've only realised very recently. Sorry if they've been said before!

- Allowing each other to have personal space but knowing that the other person is still thinking about you some of the time that they're not with you.

- Recognising how they feel without needing to ask.

- I love how relationships can make you mature and grow in the strangest ways. When you find yourself limited by relationship, it's time to leave.

- How the other person slowly manages to creep back into your mind when you least expect it.

- You're no longer envious of other people in relationships

- Snuggles, sharing your warmth - both outer and inner, sharing experiences, stories and secrets.

- Being able to open up and speak your mind freely.

That's it for now.

ReputationRep:
    Having a rag-doll to beat up on.
    A specimen for improving your social engineer and manipulation skills.
    Someone to boss around.
    Being able to feed on this person's sense of security to replenish yours.
    Someone who is forced to hear you psychobabble on and on.
    Muppet who believes you'll give your life for him/her.
    Idiot who believes he/she knows every deep dark secret about you.
    A cow with no brains who needs you to feel like a person.

PS: You have my apologies if you feel offended in any form, anytime, anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Playfights, being wrapped up in someone's arms, being entangled on a sofa, playing with someone's hair, little kisses on your hair as you fall asleep, having someone you trust completely, naked conversations, snuggles, snogs, silly in-jokes, how they put up with you... that feeling of loving and being loved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
    Playfights, being wrapped up in someone's arms, being entangled on a sofa, playing with someone's hair, little kisses on your hair as you fall asleep, having someone you trust completely, naked conversations, snuggles, snogs, silly in-jokes, how they put up with you... that feeling of loving and being loved.

ReputationRep:
    * Laying in bed naked and not worrying one little bit about how fat your bum is, how wobbly your tummy is or how stubbly your legs are

* Knowing that at any one time that person has the power to hurt you more than you can ever imagine, but trusting them enough to know they never would

*Getting random "love u" messages at daft o'clock in the morning

*Waking up to good morning messages

*Naked cuddles

*Having baths together

*Having someone who loves me enough to hold my hair back when I'm collapsed over the toilet after one too many

*Not being afraid to say all those stupid things you've always wondered but darn't ask anyone before

ReputationRep:
    * Knowing that somone loves you for YOU.
    * Kisses on the forehead
    * Naked cuddles and "stuff"
    * Someone who you can tell anything at all even more than friends
    loads more but i cant think at the moment :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)
    gah you must have been in love lol :suith:
    ohh goodness me no.
    not in love.
    just infactuated i think?

ReputationRep:
    Think 'Hands' by The Rackonters pretty much sums up what's so awesome about being in a happy relationship... for me anyway, that's it in a nut shell ;heart;

ReputationRep:
    omg-i so love this thread-and i so love my boyfriend
    -just knowing that there's someone who's always thinking bout u
    -who cares about u
    -who loves u the same way u love him
    I LOVE LOVE!! does that make any sense?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2007
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.