The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ciara
There is no such thing as the perfect boyfriend/girlfriend. Sometimes I think I'm a total cow, cos I'm really moody and confrontational. But then when I think about it I am also really loving and a lot less demanding than most of the girls I know.

In my experience, the guys who sit in the background watching girls 'make mistakes' with bad boys and think they'd be an amazing boyfriend are doormat types. Don't get offended by that, I just know 3 guys who think like that and don't understand that you can be too nice.

Not to mention that nobody likes someone being sanctimonious at them.

I think there can be a perfect boyfriend/girlfriend, but they're not universal for everyone. My perfect boyfriend would drive lots of girls up the wall.
Reply 41
I think I make a pretty good boyfriend :smile:
Helenia
Not to mention that nobody likes someone being sanctimonious at them.

I think there can be a perfect boyfriend/girlfriend, but they're not universal for everyone. My perfect boyfriend would drive lots of girls up the wall.

My perfect girlfriend would drive guys crazy, and really annoy the hell outta them :smile:
Reply 43
The Canadian
My perfect girlfriend would drive guys crazy, and really annoy the hell outta them :smile:

Nah, you don't want her to be too annoying as you want your friends to like her.
Helenia
Nah, you don't want her to be too annoying as you want your friends to like her.

Would working on a hotrod 'till 5 in the morning count as annoying? Cos to me that is great, but to a lot of people that's annoying.

Plus I have 4 interests - hotrods, snowboarding, music and nature in that order. I can talk forever about the first 2, and that annoys all my mates, so annoying is cool.

But you are right, too annoying is a bad thing. Everything in moderation :smile:
On paper, I should technically be a great boyfriend; I'm intelligent, sincere and honest; I'm atriculate about my emotions and I'm not the jealous type. Of course, in practice none of these attributes count for anything so I'm done for.
Im too much of a player to have just one girlfreind, so that in itself makes me bad bf material.
and how
Reply 48
ciara
There is no such thing as the perfect boyfriend

except me
Ross_j
except me

i didnt know arrogance was a desirable quality!
Reply 50
firstly there was an element of humour in the comment as nobody is perfect

secondly, confidence can be a VERY desirable quality
Ross_j
firstly there was an element of humour in the comment is nobody is perfect

Firstly there was more than just an element of humour in my post

secondly yes confidence can, but claiming that you are perfect, is for me, borderline arrogance, only borderline though
Reply 52
squigaletta
Firstly there was more than just an element of humour in my post

secondly yes confidence can, but claiming that you are perfect, is for me, borderline arrogance, only borderline though

:smile: i guess i am arrogant but in a positive way if that makes any sense. i'm not snide and condescending in the same way most arrogant people are, i just really like and rate myself?
i dont think theres anything wrong with liking yourself, but just so long as you dont think your above others its cool
Reply 54
Well, me boyfriend is seriously the most loving and caring and complimenting (dont know whether thats actually a word!) guy, and i always worry that i can never match that.
I think that the best thing is to just make an effort in a relationship. The best partners are those that try to put their most in to it and are thoughtful, in my opinion.

Helena
xox
Reply 55
I think i'd be a decent bf... maybe. what say u? :P

it all depends on what kind of person u r looking for, ur individual tastes really.
Reply 56
Ross_j
firstly there was an element of humour in the comment as nobody is perfect

Agreed, I certainly like confident men. :smile:
Reply 57
violeta
i'm a horrible girlfriend, i'm such a stubbon, selfish person who doesn't take any crap. I pity the people that end up with me :/

ditto. I'm not attractive either.
Reply 58
I'm a great girlfriend.
Reply 59
Chumbaniya
On paper, I should technically be a great boyfriend; I'm intelligent, sincere and honest; I'm atriculate about my emotions and I'm not the jealous type. Of course, in practice none of these attributes count for anything so I'm done for.

No, they do count, but they have to be packaged in an appealing way, rather than just be a list of attributes.

Latest

Trending

Trending