Turn on thread page Beta

Guide to GAINING Weight - for us skinny folk! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What is the worst thing about being skinny? (click more than one if needed)
    People telling you that you look underweight, or need to gain weight.
    57.97%
    Lack of 'presence' when around other bulkier people.
    37.68%
    Inability to control your weight.
    15.94%
    Embarrassment on beaches or in swimming pools etc.
    33.33%
    Worry that people of the opposite sex are not attracted to your weight class.
    39.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb23)
    Radnmad, as you say 8 meals a day, could you give some examples of what (each) of these meals would consist of and how 'heavy' each of these meals should be?

sb
    Lol, I have to apologise in advance, I made an embarrassing error, one which I even argued about.. doh.

6 meals when you start not 8.. I just dug out my old plan and realised it was 6 meals.. I moved to 8 after 6 months.

I can do better than a few examples.. here is my exact diet - when I started out.

Meals on 4 days:
    http://www.wotevagames.com/images/diet1jpg.jpg
    Meals on training days:
    http://www.wotevagames.com/images/dietjp.jpg

You need to kick up the calorie count as you progress.. this was quite low, but I was moving off an unstable diet of crap and chocolate.

You'll notice these stats : protein 40%, Carbs 30% and Fat 30%... try to stick to this as you increase calories.

I kept the Wagon Wheel, as you will see... best to keep something you like in there.. you'll hate it else.

Hope this helps.

Rad

ReputationRep:
    just a quick note here to remember: if your working out with the aim to build muscle up, you need to eat more protein, tho its estimated that the most protein you should eat a day is the same quantity in in grams as you weigh in kilos (ie i weigh 65kg, so i try to aim for about 60g protein/day). Also, i dont know if its true, but ive heard you should try to eat something high in protein as soon after excercise as possible to get the most out of it.

ReputationRep:
    You should eat 1.5 x weight (lbs). So if you weigh 150lbs, you should eat 225g protein.

ReputationRep:
    You post-workout meal is the most important meal of the day methinks. And yes, high in protein.

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

Masses of protein as soon after a workout as possible.

Some folk take protein shakes to the gym with them and drink them as they walk out.

The reason being (in simple words): after a workout you have damaged muscle, but also created acids which attack muscle tissue. Your body will try to repair the muscle very quickly after a workout, and in doing so actually use muscle tissue as food. The protein you consume will replace this, and so avoid muscle reduction. Protein is very important, consume it within every one of your meals, as I have shown in the diet I planned for myself.

Rad

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.