Turn on thread page Beta

One for the Drinkers...... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    When my grandad died he had suffered from Alzhiemers for years but I highly doubt he went clubbing every week, got totally smashed and slept with anything that walked.

You can't tar all drinkers with the same brush. People do binge drink and drink solely for the purpose to get drunk but you have to realise not everyone does.

u dont have to be smashed for it affect you, which is why i say why do people think its "ok" to drink in "responsible amounts" ?

i dont tar all the drinkers with the same brush , i stated in my previous post that i know not all drinkers (who dont get smashed) go of their head and do the things i listed.

i am sorry to hear about your grandad, alzheimers is an awful disease and puts families thru alot of a sadness, when they have to watch the person they love jus deterirate like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muslim girl)
    yes im talking about binge drinking mostly as it is on the increase wether people want to admit it or not but even if alcohol is consumed in limited amounts, it is still not good for us is it?

the effects ive talked about are mostly done thru binge drinking, i have enuff experince of dealing with drunks and plain old alcoholics to know that people dont give it as much attention as they should, as i sed, they defend it by saying "shut up were having "fun" " without sitting down and deeply thinking about what effects it would have on them wen their older.

why do u think diseases like alzheimers, dementia are so widespread in old age?
    I don't believe alzheimers is primarily caused by drinking at all. Its a genetically transferred disease. All my family have it, and chances are I will when I'm older.

ReputationRep:
    hah, why does anyone have to justify themselves to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_danny87)
    I don't believe alzheimers is primarily caused by drinking at all. Its a genetically transferred disease. All my family have it, and chances are I will when I'm older.

genetically transferred doesnt mean anything, as in, no one has a cure for it becos they dont know how it gets there in the 1st place.

I wouldnt confidently say that u will get it.i havent come across any families where every person gets it wen they are older, which doesnt mean your wrong of course but it doesnt mean it happens to every family member jus cos one had it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straas)
    hah, why does anyone have to justify themselves to you?
    *ahem* i havent sed anywhere on here that someone has to justify themselves to me,please read my intial post, why people are so defensive on here is jus beyond me, i mean u would think im the alcohol police or somthing

i think your drunk arnt u

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt confidently say that u will get it.i havent come across any families where every person get sit one they are older, whihc doesnt mean your wrong of course but it doesnt mean it happens to every family either.

You clearly haven't come across many experiences in your life, especially with regard to alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    You clearly haven't come across many experiences in your life, especially with regard to alcohol.

is that it? thats your response, imsure you can do better.

Are u saying evrything i listed in my intial post doesnt happen? are u saying that to knwo that these things go on, i must have had to have drink alcohol myself? :confused:

some people on this thread i really do think are drunk :rolleyes:

maybe there will be better responses in the morning.....oops ill have to wait till the hangova goes...ok better responses in the afternoon expected

ReputationRep:
    Look my Grand father had alziemers, and my grand mother has it now. I think I know more about it than you do. I find it an insult and extremely offensive that u believe that this disease is caused by heavily drinking.

ReputationRep:
    is that it? thats your response, imsure you can do better.

Are u saying evrything i listed in my intial post doesnt happen? are u saying that to knwo that these things go on, i must have had to have drink alcohol myself? :confused:

some people on this thread i really do think are drunk :rolleyes:

maybe there will be better responses in the morning.....oops ill have to wait till the hangova goes...ok better responses in the afternoon expected
    You'd know what I was saying had you actually bothered to absorb anything I said until the point I was forced to insult you for your sheer lunacy. Don't preach to me about bad responses - you're the Queen of Ignorance!

ReputationRep:
    You bate like a *******, maybe you should have a drink and stop being so bloody anal.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think to certain social groups, I might be classed as a binge drinker. I go out with my mates, have perhaps one too many, let-loose on the dancefloor from time to time, and if you're lucky, give the karaoke a go! I have a brilliant time because the alcholol relaxes me a fair amount, relieves a few inhibitions and induces a bit-o-fun! Everyone's different though, and I'm sure some people get similar effects from a good game of chess. So I can't pretend these sentiments apply to all.

However, I don't understand why people spend hours of their life reading the Qur'an, devoting their weekends to rubgy or reading all the Shakespere plays. But as long as what they do doesn't cause anyone or anything any harm, I won't question it. I certainly wont be so presumptuous to compare any of these traits to "enjoying drinks resembling urine", "making a fool of oneself", "catching STDs".

Having not experienced the (subjective) effects of alcohol, I don't feel you're really in a position to tell us what "how it is", and follow up with a "so why do you do it?" type question. It might suprise you to know that not all drinkers turn into urine smelling, vomitting, nonjudgmental, idiot-like, prematurely aging, STD spreading heathens the minute we get a whiff of Sherry at Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    You bate like a *******, maybe you should have a drink and stop being so bloody anal.
    Me? I could quite go a brandy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_danny87)
    Look my Grand father had alziemers, and my grand mother has it now. I think I know more about it than you do. I find it an insult and extremely offensive that u believe that this disease is caused by heavily drinking.

chill, im not saying its defintely 100% but its a possibilty isnt it? im sorry some of your family had it but i deal with people who suffer from alzeheimer, dementia, aids, hiv, allsorts of diseases and their family members,so i like to think im not completely clueless about it.

Im not here to cause u offence so dont take it like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Me? I could quite go a brandy.
    no, moron girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    You'd know what I was saying had you actually bothered to absorb anything I said until the point I was forced to insult you for your sheer lunacy. Don't preach to me about bad responses - you're the Queen of Ignorance!

this is what u sed:

"You clearly haven't come across many experiences in your life, especially with regard to alcohol."

what did i miss?

ReputationRep:
    no, moron girl

i think somebody doesnt like a bit of a reality check now and again:rolleyes:

why dont u get out the thread if u cant hack it ,plenty of room in the forum for u to go.

ReputationRep:
    So very sorry, I hope you'll excuse my freudian slip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wrangler)
    Well, I think to certain social groups, I might be classed as a binge drinker. I go out with my mates, have perhaps one too many, let-loose on the dancefloor from time to time, and if you're lucky, give the karaoke a go! I have a brilliant time because the alcholol relaxes me a fair amount, relieves a few inhibitions and induces a bit-o-fun! Everyone's different though, and I'm sure some people get similar effects from a good game of chess. So I can't pretend these sentiments apply to all.

However, I don't understand why people spend hours of their life reading the Qur'an, devoting their weekends to rubgy or reading all the Shakespere plays. But as long as what they do doesn't cause anyone or anything any harm, I won't question it. I certainly wont be so presumptuous to compare any of these traits to "enjoying drinks resembling urine", "making a fool of oneself", "catching STDs".

Having not experienced the (subjective) effects of alcohol, I don't feel you're really in a position to tell us what "how it is", and follow up with a "so why do you do it?" type question. It might suprise you to know that not all drinkers turn into urine smelling, vomitting, nonjudgmental, idiot-like, prematurely aging, STD spreading heathens the minute we get a whiff of Sherry at Christmas.

playing rugby, reading quran, reading shakespeare, these arnt a risk to your health are they?

the smell resembling thatif urine is my personal opinon, i cant help it, its wat it reminds me of :p:

im not being presumptious am i? do u agree these things happen wen people drink to much? im not saying everyone does it, but it is rife isnt it?

im not TELLING anyone anything, why can i not ask "why would u want to do it", i dont see advantages of it hence why i ask.

What i dont understand is why some people are getting so aggressive jus becos this question HAS been asked, thats the confusing thing here...

ReputationRep:
    I got fed up of reading the replies after the second page, but I'm quite shocked at some of the responses.
    People have reacted as though it is unacceptable to not be interested in drinking alcohol, as though it is a bad thing to consider the negative affects of it.
    I do drink myself, although never to the point of making myself ill or doing something I regret. As to why I drink, well similar to the reason I eat chocolate and drink coffee. I find it enjoyable and like the social aspect that is involved (i.e. 'coffee culture').

ReputationRep:
    Muslim Girl you just made rather rude generalizations.

I personally am someone who drinks and enjoys it. I've never vomited from drinking. But particularly I must say, how dare you assume that anyone who drinks alcohol behaves like a slut and gets STDs! Get a grip on reality.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.