Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had to share my excitement with you lovely people...looky!!!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!
    Like your signature Clarence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishrose)
    You mean you haven't received your confirmation letter from UCAS?

no, haven't received anything. But I called the uni yesterday and they said they'll send me all information as soon as possible. anyone else needs a visa to go there?

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    I had to share my excitement with you lovely people...looky!!!

congratulations! You have my declined place lol!
    I :suith: Norwich

ReputationRep:
    Why did you decide upon Lancaster?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone had their accomodation form through yet?? i phoned the accom, office and they said i had my first choice en-suite but they couldnt tell me which halls i were in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Austin226)
    has anyone had their accomodation form through yet?? i phoned the accom, office and they said i had my first choice en-suite but they couldnt tell me which halls i were in.
    Yes yesterday. Colman House!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    Why did you decide upon Lancaster?
    I wanted to go somewhere a bit further away from home

ReputationRep:
    I have met my conditions. I got a B in my maths that I needed so just waiting for UCAS to confirm that I am in. Am so excited!!

ReputationRep:
    Seems a lot of people that go to Lancaster had UEA as second choice and lots of people that end up at UEA had Lancaster as second choice.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, one of my mates who's going to UEA had Lancaster as her other choice.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, many people i've met like that. My mate goes to Lancaster and i found it somewhat depressing however. Apparently Lancs has the highest suicide rates in England. Although Norwich is infamous for inbreeding. I dunno, depends which stereotype you prefer i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alique)
    Yup, many people i've met like that. My mate goes to Lancaster and i found it somewhat depressing however. Apparently Lancs has the highest suicide rates in England. Although Norwich is infamous for inbreeding. I dunno, depends which stereotype you prefer i guess
    It's more the little villages round Norfolk and Suffolk where you find the inbreeding. Though Norwich people are sometimes rather backwards, I found

ReputationRep:
    They obviously all come to Norwich looking for work...or to boost the gene pool :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    It's more the little villages round Norfolk and Suffolk where you find the inbreeding. Though Norwich people are sometimes rather backwards, I found
    its the villages, I can confirm :wink: quite eyeopeners they are, I can tell you.

Lancaster's suicide rate thingy=modern myth

ReputationRep:
    University of East Anglia B230 Sept 2006 Unconditional Firm 25-Aug-2006 -
    campus: - entry point: 1

Its official, I am going to UEA. Woohoo

ReputationRep:
    Clearing or were you just slow on the up take?

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting for a GCSE result to meet my conditions. I got my result yesterday! So unfortunately had to wait longer for my official place!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.