The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got an E for module one. I did many practice essays throughout the year and always had the same mark (16/20, high B) for almost all of them. So i don't know how that happened. Luckily i got high Bs for the rest.
Reply 41
Aimai
The sucks. Same thing happened to me, full marks on lang and social contexts and an E on the intro. I thought the intro was the easy one! Getting it remarked though. I just spoke to my college. I had to get an appointment to see my guidance leader. Is there any info with your results to tell you? If not just ring up. Someone will be there Tuesday I should think. Good luck xxx

Seems like there's a definate theme going on here with unit one in both lang and lit! I also thought intro was the easy one, if anything I was expecting to do really well on that and get around a D on lang and social contexts!

I've sent my remark form of now so it's all in hand :smile:

I'm praying my mark goes up and I've not just messed it up, I really would be delighted!

One thing though- does anyone know if you sign a contract saying your mark could change, is it only referring to the single module you've authorised a remark for, or any of the english modules? i'm really hoping they can't touch my full marks in the other one!
Reply 42
Actually i did the best in module 1 AQA specification B (lang/lit) 98/105, although for the love of god i have no idea how..i hardly mentioned language which is has to be mentioned a fair bit, or so says the bullet point under the question. In module 2 i got 91/105 (which i thought was my best unit) and coursework i got 74/90. 262 ums overall....does this anyone know if this is a low A or a middle A?
Reply 43
It's kind of a middle A. Anything over 240 is an A.
Reply 44
Exactly the same thing for me! I took English Literature AQA, not sure if it was A or B. All I know is that I got strange results.

modern novel (Wise Children) - 72/90 A
shakespeare corusework (Richard III) - 86/90 A
texts in contexts (All My Sons + Miller's Tale) 69/120 D

OVERALL: 227/300 HIGH B

Strange thing is, I was always getting high a's in timed essay practices for the Miller's Tale and getting A/B's for All My Son's so I don't understand. I'm sure its worth a remark, what y'all think?
Seems to me as though the marking for NTB1 was generally much tougher than the rest of the other modules. I got a B in NTB1 and two A's for NTB2 and NTB3. However i don't really it is unfair marking, only that the general teaching for this module wasn't touching upon the correct assessment objectives required to get the higher marks.
Reply 46
I'm getting scared now! I got 245/300 overall, so if my remark results in my points going down it'll change to a B :eek:

Fingers crossed for everyone!
Reply 47
smoothie
I'm getting scared now! I got 245/300 overall, so if my remark results in my points going down it'll change to a B :eek:

Fingers crossed for everyone!

I'm sure it wont. It looks like AQA have been giving some really strange marks. They can't touch your other paper anyway (thank god! lol!) and it doesn't look likely to go down if you got full marks in that. I'm 7 marks off of an A atm so I only need it to go up to a D. I think it will go up more though.... I actually think they may not have added the parts up of the paper as I was under half marks, but who knows? May be wishful thinking. Want to know now though! Grrr! Hurry up! lol. xxxx
Reply 48
Aimai, did you get a priority remark or a normal one? I got a normal one but sent it off on results day so shouldn't have to wait much longer now!

How many of you guys are planning to resit if the grade stays the same? I'm not sure tbh, because if I didn't understand it then, I'm not going to understand it any better months later. I knew all the terminology etc, must have just been poor teaching of the AO's. We had a terrible teaching last year, basically just had a doss year!
Reply 49
smoothie
Aimai, did you get a priority remark or a normal one? I got a normal one but sent it off on results day so shouldn't have to wait much longer now!

How many of you guys are planning to resit if the grade stays the same? I'm not sure tbh, because if I didn't understand it then, I'm not going to understand it any better months later. I knew all the terminology etc, must have just been poor teaching of the AO's. We had a terrible teaching last year, basically just had a doss year!

I really think it will go up, so I'm not really thinking about a resit. If it goes up to an overall A I don't think I'll worry unless I find next years stuff difficult then I may resit as I found this fairly easy lol. Not that my grade shows it! I sent off for a normal. It seems to have been taking ages- I got an OCR remark back like 4 days after it was sent off- and it wasn't priority... lol. I guess I'm impatient, but this one is one of my 'importants' so I want it to be good news! Ironically I got my 2 As in History and Psychology which I don't care about! Would be the way. :-)

P.S I have to post this somewhere as I'm so pleased- I passed my driving theory today!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! Insanely more pleased with that than anything else!!! :-D
Reply 50
Just thought I'd update my teacher just phoned and said that it seemed a lot of the results looked like they'd been marked by a moron.... so could seem good news for us.

lol xxx
Reply 51
Congrats on your theory! I passed mine ages ago, but gave my my driving lessons! lol need to start them back up before my theory expires! :|

Sounds promising re the remark, I'm really corssing my fingers for us all, but i'm not going to get my hopes up too much and set myself up for disappointment! (Although to be fair I have the overall A anyway, so I'm not overly concerned). Have decided that i'm defnitely not resitting it, which means I have NO AS resits at all next year- all my focus will be on A2- very pleased! :biggrin:

Ps. I don't know how I'd find out when my results come back- think I just need to keep ringing the exams team :s-smilie:
Reply 52
Did ok - got A,A,B with one of the As a 100%. The B seemed a little low and they are considering an appeal.
Reply 53
Cage
Did ok - got A,A,B with one of the As a 100%. The B seemed a little low and they are considering an appeal.

Welldone! :-D Was the B for ENB1, intro to lang by any chance? I think they may have a lot of remarking coming their way. lol.

Smoothie, thanks! I can't wait to finally get qualified. I just want to be able to go anywhere... mind you that will be scary. I like driving. :-) Could never afford a car though- I'm using my parents at the mo (and that's when they'll come with me!). Good luck when you decide to start again. Wooo on no retakes. I've got Eng Lit so considering dropping an A2 and concentrating on 3.... just done a ton of holiday work for the one I'm considering dropping though! lol would be the way. xxx
Reply 54
Im only doing three AS levels let alone more 4 A levels! :lol:

Good luck with the driving- Its not top of my agenda at the moment, I dont really like driving :s-smilie:

Cage what did you get 100% in? I got mine in lang and social contexts. Im thinking the marking was lenient for that and harsh for intro to study of lang.
Can anyone give me any pointers on exam technique and the basics you needed to include for the text in context exam? We didn't go into detail on it much which, I'm guessing, is perhaps one of the reasons I got a D on that exam. Any advice would be great
Reply 56
Got my remark results today- mine went from a D to a C! (56 to 63), putting me just on the C border, and changing it from 245/300 to 252/300!

It could have gone up a bit more I feel, but I', just glad it hasn't gone down, and I get my money back too!

Anybody else got theirs yet??
My school is recalling mine to have a look at it... but they don't think they (the exam board) would particularly want to admit to being wrong and think I should just re-take it cos I would need A LOT of marks (20+) to get a good B. I probably just stuffed it up in the exam anyways! :P
Reply 58
has anyone studied Wuthering heights?
if so did u do the creative writting in AQA paper ?
which chapter did you write about was it 12 or seven because they did in roman numerals and i got confused with VII and XII for some reason damn it i still wrote as heatcliff though will they refuse to mark it?

Latest