The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
-Pete-
Quick facebook question while we're at it...

What College Year did you guys put? I assumed people would put their year of graduation but it seems to vary quite a lot...

it's supposed to be grad year, although a lot of people seem to be confused and think it's the year of entry :rolleyes:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Benji182
Yeah, but why is it featured twice? I've already registered in "PC NetWare & Groupwise", so why is there a seperate Groupwise system? And why no Athens? Is it that obvious and I'm just missing it? :p:

It should look like this:

Well, for me, it looks like this:
Reply 43
alex-HSH
it's supposed to be grad year, although a lot of people seem to be confused and think it's the year of entry :rolleyes:

A lot of people put a year that is neither their year of entry or their graduation year. I wonder how they come up with them!
Reply 44
alex-HSH
so why are you worrying that your address isn't on there?

lol i wasn't worrying about it, just saying that it wasnt thats all! :biggrin:
Yeah, looks like something went wrong, doesn't it? :confused:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 46
Can some one help me please? Ive been totally useless and not only lost the letter linking me to the portal, but the ucas letter with my ucas number! Does anyone know of a way to get hold of my ucas number?
ipster
Can some one help me please? Ive been totally useless and not only lost the letter linking me to the portal, but the ucas letter with my ucas number! Does anyone know of a way to get hold of my ucas number?

Are you saying that you've lost each and every letter from Nottingham and UCAS?
you kids are registering on facebook!! lol hardcore pre-uni registration. make sure you tell ppl you meet to register though, its a right good laugh.
Reply 49
Lewis-HuStuJCR
you kids are registering on facebook!! lol hardcore pre-uni registration. make sure you tell ppl you meet to register though, its a right good laugh.

I wanted to get my hooks in early :biggrin: Also, learn to use the site and get a profile set up etc. so I can tell people I'm on Facebook who I meet in the first few weeks.
Reply 50
Im so confused! y r u "self registering"? are we all supposed to b doing it?! lol i sound so dumb.
Reply 51
i cant do anything on the portal, i can sign in but thats it
uni email address will auto connect you to the nottm network, do it on facebook now! click register and from there its pretty self-explanatory!!
Reply 53
Yeah I did. It took a while for my mailbox to get activated (think it was around 5-6hrs but then I signed up during the day and not sure if it needs human activation or just takes a while to filter through the system automatically). The Portal wasn't available for me for another day after that.

Also, send a test email to your uni email account when you first get it to check that it's working properly, otherwise the Facebook email might disappear into the ether.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 54
it does that to everyone from time to time... it's a pain in the arse
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 55
Lewis-HuStuJCR
uni email address will auto connect you to the nottm network, do it on facebook now! click register and from there its pretty self-explanatory!!

Have i got a uni email?! :redface:
yea ... whatever your usename is for example: llyylab is mine, so my nottm address is [email protected]
Reply 57
How often is the portal updated?

Mine currently says that I am at stage 2/4: Application recieved. Whereas I recieved a written offer for Ancaster and sent off my cheque for the first term 2 weeks ago.

My Accommodation status
1 Apply Online 2 Application Received 3 Offered Place 4 Accepted/Rejected Offer

Step 2 of 4: Application Received

We have received your accommodation application. Allocations will be made in date order of application. Please note that you're not guaranteed your first preference, but we'll try out best to match one of them.
Application status
Accommodation for period 2006/2007
Application Received 02 May 2006
Reply 58
My Accommodation thingy still says that too, and I'm in the same situation. I got an email from NH saying that my place is confirmed and all so I imagine they are just slow and cnt be arsed...
Reply 59
i've got a letter thanking me for paying and stuff but i can't find anything about accom on the portal =(

not sure if it's just because it's somewhere i haven't thought of looking or just isn't there

Latest

Trending

Trending