Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex-HSH)
    GW is presumably Groupwise.
    Yeah, but why is it featured twice? I've already registered in "PC NetWare & Groupwise", so why is there a seperate Groupwise system? And why no Athens? Is it that obvious and I'm just missing it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Pete-)
    Quick facebook question while we're at it...

What College Year did you guys put? I assumed people would put their year of graduation but it seems to vary quite a lot...
    it's supposed to be grad year, although a lot of people seem to be confused and think it's the year of entry :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benji182)
    Yeah, but why is it featured twice? I've already registered in "PC NetWare & Groupwise", so why is there a seperate Groupwise system? And why no Athens? Is it that obvious and I'm just missing it? :p:
    It should look like this:

ReputationRep:
    Well, for me, it looks like this:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Thats stange. My groupwise does not come twice and my athens is there (still waiting to be enabled)

ReputationRep:
    it's supposed to be grad year, although a lot of people seem to be confused and think it's the year of entry :rolleyes:
    A lot of people put a year that is neither their year of entry or their graduation year. I wonder how they come up with them!

ReputationRep:
    so why are you worrying that your address isn't on there?
    lol i wasn't worrying about it, just saying that it wasnt thats all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelioneil)
    Thats stange. My groupwise does not come twice and my athens is there (still waiting to be enabled)
    Yeah, looks like something went wrong, doesn't it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Can some one help me please? Ive been totally useless and not only lost the letter linking me to the portal, but the ucas letter with my ucas number! Does anyone know of a way to get hold of my ucas number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipster)
    Can some one help me please? Ive been totally useless and not only lost the letter linking me to the portal, but the ucas letter with my ucas number! Does anyone know of a way to get hold of my ucas number?
    Are you saying that you've lost each and every letter from Nottingham and UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    you kids are registering on facebook!! lol hardcore pre-uni registration. make sure you tell ppl you meet to register though, its a right good laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis-HuStuJCR)
    you kids are registering on facebook!! lol hardcore pre-uni registration. make sure you tell ppl you meet to register though, its a right good laugh.
    I wanted to get my hooks in early Also, learn to use the site and get a profile set up etc. so I can tell people I'm on Facebook who I meet in the first few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Are you supposed to register or log into the facebook to create a new profile and stuff? And do you use the uni address for it?

ReputationRep:
    Im so confused! y r u "self registering"? are we all supposed to b doing it?! lol i sound so dumb.

ReputationRep:
    i cant do anything on the portal, i can sign in but thats it

ReputationRep:
    uni email address will auto connect you to the nottm network, do it on facebook now! click register and from there its pretty self-explanatory!!

ReputationRep:
    Cant get the email. When i try to sign in to the university email it says : mailbox unavailable. please contact a system administrator.

Did you get this pete?

ReputationRep:
    Cant get the email. When i try to sign in to the university email it says : mailbox unavailable. please contact a system administrator.

Did you get this pete?
    Yeah I did. It took a while for my mailbox to get activated (think it was around 5-6hrs but then I signed up during the day and not sure if it needs human activation or just takes a while to filter through the system automatically). The Portal wasn't available for me for another day after that.

Also, send a test email to your uni email account when you first get it to check that it's working properly, otherwise the Facebook email might disappear into the ether.

ReputationRep:

Did you get this pete?
    it does that to everyone from time to time... it's a pain in the arse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis-HuStuJCR)
    uni email address will auto connect you to the nottm network, do it on facebook now! click register and from there its pretty self-explanatory!!
    Have i got a uni email?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 12, 2006
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.