Ok, desperate advice needed, this could be vital to my life Watch

khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you get it remarked you run the risk of getting an even lower mark than before cus they could take marks off. Unless you're taking Chem onto A2, what's the point with being so bothered about it? And if you're taking Chem onto A2 then resit would be better cus then you can try and get a solid B instead of a low B. A low B does not put you in any advantage really at A2, but a solid B would. So if you're gonna spend money on it, it might as well be the resit, and that way, you cannot get any lower than what you have right now cus the best marks out of the original and the resit would go through.

And if you're not taking it to A2, what's the point in getting so hung up over it? Btw, at AS, I also got 209/300 lol. My teachers predicted me a B. I got a C in the end at A2 - mid C. I didn't work for either year though so I'm happy. And I applied for 5 different science courses lol, all of which were in the field of Biomedical Sciences and I got 5 offers. So that C at AS will not affect you as long as you have other good grades and a good PS and good interview, if they offer you one.
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ronove)
Sorry to bring this thread back from wherever it was, but I just had to point out that this is UTTER CRAP.

YOU HAVE TO PUT DOWN YOUR AS GRADES ON UCAS APPLY IF YOUR SCHOOL CASHES THEM IN, AND THEY PROBABLY DO.
YOU CANNOT CHOOSE WHETHER TO DECLARE THEM OR NOT ACCORDING TO HOW WELL YOU DID.
IF YOU DON'T PUT THEM DOWN WHEN YOU REALLY SHOULD, BAD BAD THINGS COULD HAPPEN.

I'll stop with the capital letters now.
to be fair, most schools don't.
Ronove
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I read somewhere on here that most do, it was yesterday in fact. So who's right, you or the other person?

EDIT: That came out as vaguely vicious, sorry, I'm obviously in a bad mood.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?