Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At my college most people either got drunk in joy or sorrow lol

In a way i agree with what that person said about kinda sitting back. if your natural ability will get you As, why do you have to try harder? Mabey they dont really have much ambition but are just naturally gifted. It doesn't mean they are taking the piss out of other people who arn't as clever! Some like to sit back, go throught the system at thier own pace! llol if i could get a first with little effort (not that i would get a 1st anyway) then i probably would. Then again im a lazy person. being gifted shouldn't mean you have to push yourself as hard as somone who can't do what you naturlaly can!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with that statement - if you can get As without revising for hours, why would you revise for hours? I'm sure you could, but there's not much point really in my opinion. Also people that "don't work" probably don't do as extensive revision. My ex-boyfriend did no work throughout the school year and was forced to revise a lot when it came to the exams - does that mean he worked harder? No, he just revised more. Working hard throughout the year is more effective in my opinion, even if it doesn't mean revising a lot or doing extra homework. Anyway, As at A-Levels mean that you can go to a good uni which will stretch you, and then be deserving of a good degree ,hopefully.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jessicat)
    I agree with that statement - if you can get As without revising for hours, why would you revise for hours? I'm sure you could, but there's not much point really in my opinion. Also people that "don't work" probably don't do as extensive revision. My ex-boyfriend did no work throughout the school year and was forced to revise a lot when it came to the exams - does that mean he worked harder? No, he just revised more. Working hard throughout the year is more effective in my opinion, even if it doesn't mean revising a lot or doing extra homework. Anyway, As at A-Levels mean that you can go to a good uni which will stretch you, and then be deserving of a good degree ,hopefully.
    I searched through this looking for any relevance at all to my thread.

Help please?

ReputationRep:
    Well.... I replied to it a while ago and my reply then was relevant... I'm afraid I skipped reading the last page when I posted that. Isn't it relevant? Oh perhaps nopt to the original one after looking back. It's jkind of escalated into a bit of an argument hasn't it! Never mind :P Sorry! You can delete it if you want! :P
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I can't delete it, I'm not a mod. :p: Never mind though, I haven't seen any replies to this thread for weeks and suddenly saw this one, and couldn't see why you'd posted it.

Never mind.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe that anyone can get AAAA without working hard or at least listening in lectures lol. You can't get top marks based on intelligence in my opinion A level exams require 2 things - knowledge and exam technique. I don't see how much intelligence comes into it really. I suppose it is easier in something like psychology though but you would have to have very very good exam technique.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.