Glyn at Bangor Uni Watch

AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Zlatan)
Why are you all creaming yourselves over Glyn from big brother? he's an ugly ******* with a face like a melted welly
Most of us couldn't care less about it. My concern is the effect that it may cause.

We have already seen that Bangor has taken avantage of the situation by writing an article about it and including the clearing details and no mention of him taking a gap year.

I am also a little concerned that Bangor will have bad press when he comes to university because of the occessional media idoit who will snap photos of him drunk. I know its part of student life but at the end of the day that sort of press, in my opinon, lowers the tone of the university and takes the emphsis away from the many achievements Bangor is proud of.

I have nothing against him coming to Bangor because while I didn't watch Big Brother, he has worked hard to get into University and he should be able to carry out something which he wanted to do long before Big Brother came along.
Zlatan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah, I guess that's about right. I hear someone say that he skipped some of his exams to do big brother, and this resulted in him getting poor grades in two of his subjects. Maybe he's taken a gap year to redo these examinations so he might apply for other universitys next year.

The futures bright, the futures blue and white.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Zlatan)
yeah, I guess that's about right. I hear someone say that he skipped some of his exams to do big brother, and this resulted in him getting poor grades in two of his subjects. Maybe he's taken a gap year to redo these examinations so he might apply for other universitys next year.

The futures bright, the futures blue and white.
Or Maybe he is out for the £££.

He is no where near Jade Goody standard but even though she didn't win, she still had £1m waiting for her in media and marketing deals.
sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Taking a year out is obviously the best thing to do, any sensible person would try to cash in on the interviews etc he will get after Big Brother, and it will get him money. I don't really think that many people would turn that down. It's his life and he can do what he wants, if that means taking a year out to get money, then so be it. Good for him.

If he does come to Bangor next year, then the hype will have died down and the odd media snapshot of him drunk is really not going to cause Bangor's repuatation to spiral downhill. It's him they're getting pictures of.

Everyone should just let him get on with his life and make his own decisions. Whether we agree with them or not is besides the point, in my opinion.
magnad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm sure most people will have forgotten who he is by next year and some other Big Brother people will dominate the headlines.
Little_soph
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
True.
Big Brother contestant's 'fame' generally last only a few weeks after the show. By the time next september comes along the next series of Big Brother would have been and gone, people would already be starting to forget next years housemates by then let alone this years.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I thought this year was the last year *finally*
CrazynLuvinLife
Report 12 years ago
If Glyn does the interviews, he could probably pay for Uni.
Wonder if he'd go in the halls, or go private
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hmmm, I reckon unless his head swells up from his 15 seconds of fame then he will move into uni halls.
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So far, Glyn doesn't seem like that, he seems quite well grounded and knows what he wants to do in life. Everyone should just leave him alone and stop questioning every decision he makes.
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I just had the weridest thought when I read that Nat - The Truman Show.

*shivers* if the whole world was watching my every move and discussing it...I couldn't stand it.

I am paranoid as it is now.
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It would be weird yeh. My opinion on it though is that, BB isn't for everyone, some people want to go on it, fair enough their choice, what someone else does with their life is up to them and not really anybody else. If they want to take a gapy year and cash in on some fame, then why not, nothing to do with us lot.
Lofty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sexysax)
It would be weird yeh. My opinion on it though is that, BB isn't for everyone, some people want to go on it, fair enough their choice, what someone else does with their life is up to them and not really anybody else. If they want to take a gapy year and cash in on some fame, then why not, nothing to do with us lot.
Definately, i would if i were in that position!

Was intrigued this year, i reckon that the housemates all have an agent before they go in, would make sense really, but mainly because i saw a gig somewhere (Advertised before BB had finished) wich was Big Brovaz with Pete from Big Brother.

But yeah, can't blame him for cashing in! I worked with Jade Goody a couple of years back (Well, actually 4, just feels like a couple of years ) and that is pretty much what she said, she knew (or at least thought) that it would be very short term, so to cash in on it while she could!
lukeskywilliams
Report 12 years ago
Glyn was @ Cofi Roc Caernarfon saturday night (9 miles from Bangor). His first apearence in Wales.
magnad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lofty)
Definately, i would if i were in that position!

Was intrigued this year, i reckon that the housemates all have an agent before they go in, would make sense really, but mainly because i saw a gig somewhere (Advertised before BB had finished) wich was Big Brovaz with Pete from Big Brother.
Hmm there was a programme a week after Big Brother that catched up with all the housemates. In this show it showed contestants afterwards choosing an agent.
tomgiddings
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
He was in the Deiniol Centre today - load of screaming people (shows the excitement levels in Bangor at the moment ).

To be honest, I don't really see him as a celebrity, he hasn't really done much to deserve the attention. Mind you, that fame will fade very quickly, I very much doubt there will be any media attention on him by the start of his uni life, which is probably for the best.
dani_88
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
At the orange shop? I saw a sign for that lol..
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tomgiddings)
He was in the Deiniol Centre today - load of screaming people (shows the excitement levels in Bangor at the moment ).

To be honest, I don't really see him as a celebrity, he hasn't really done much to deserve the attention. Mind you, that fame will fade very quickly, I very much doubt there will be any media attention on him by the start of his uni life, which is probably for the best.
Aww wish I was there! He might not have done anything to deserve attention but nobody can blame him. He's not forcing people to scream at him.
tomgiddings
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I wasn't blaming him it's the public here who seem so fascinated in him after all!
However, in the end he chose the public eye when he decided to milk his fame
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bangor University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Bangor University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Bangor University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?