Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Use cucumber face wipes from boots. They are cheap ( i got them on buy one get one free aswell) and my skin seems to have miraculously cleared up and i havent changed my diet or anything.

ReputationRep:
    1 word.

sudocrem
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Whenever I get spots, I usually look for quick fixes such as the Witch stick, which is pretty good!

But the best so far has to be Superdrugs Clarity rapid results treatment cream! It's cheap, lasts for ages and is really effective.

I would definitely recommend it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leaaa)
    1 word.

sudocrem
    1 word - Comedogenic :p:!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Why)
    1 word - Comedogenic :p:!
    Definitely!!!!

ReputationRep:
    my secrets; green tea (drinking it - the decaf variety), sauna (for getting all the ickies out) facial oil (for keeping my dry skin soft and glowy).

Plus i have a 'crap i have a break out of blackheads/whiteheads/ickiness, need to get rid of them quickly' failproof method, which just uses stuff you have lying around your house and never fails to work. cba to type it all out but if you wanna know pm me, it'll change your life lol

ReputationRep:
    tea tree oil and any form of those products works amazingly well on spots!!! and spot scars =D my life saver!!! use E45 cream aswell - that keeps the skin nice and moist through the winter days yet it doesnt make it look oily!

melissa x x

ReputationRep:
    i always hav spots when im stressed

ReputationRep:
    Im so spotty. I've had skin problems for years, and theyre really bad at the moment. Im sick of it and hate it.
    Theres an abundance on my forehead, cheeks nose and chin. I've picked at some and one on my chin and above my lip has scarred, and just behind my nostrils are these red patches with prominant capillaries, which have been there for ages.
    any advice?

ReputationRep:
    ok guys I am going to try and give a low down on acne and how to deal with it.

One very important thing to say first is that it is not scientifically proven that diet or the amount of water you drink effects acne what so ever. It is caused by your age and the overproduction of oil simply. If you do have problem acne that wont go your best bet seriously is to get to the doctors. The type of products you can get on prescription are far better than over the counter. Also touching your face will make acne worse as you are spreading dirt and bacteria on your face. Picking the spots leaves a longer healing time.

I have had acne not bad acne but persistent acne on my face for about 1 1/2 years. No matter what products I used quiniderm, freederm, clearasil etc none of them seemed to completely remedy the problem. Although in my opinion freederm is the best, it does reduce the redness of the acne so there apparence isnt as harsh. The doctor gave me some anti-biotic pills and a sort of quick drying gel to put on my face that contained the same anti-biotic that killed the bacteria that caused my spots. My acne is slowly but seriously starting to clear up.

Aswell as getting anti-biotics for acne it is important to use other products and develop a skincare regimen. You should aim to buy a cleanser, im using the freederm one. Use it morning and night and it should be the first product you apply to your face. Using soaps can make your face all dry and unattractive or really greasy. Then apply whatever product you have to deal with the spots. Nearly all acne products dry your face. So try and get some moisturizer. Moisturizer is great when used properly for your face and will make your skin look well healthy and attractive. Its best to get a non-oily moisturizer. I use nivea non-oily which is cheapish at about £4.50 and really good for my combination skin. If you repeat the simple cleanse, spot product and moisturize every morning and evening you will begin to see effects on your skin, the acne will go and your skin will look great.

If your acne is unbearable you might want to buy concealer. You can buy both male and female concealer, I know clinique do a good mens one. But you should deffo make sure the concealer matches your skin tone or you might look like your walking around with foundation on.

I hope this helps everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)

Just eat well, take exercise and drink water. problem solved.
    That's easier said than done.
    I'm a chocoholic and hate exercise.

Is it really that simple? If I drink 8 glasses of water and eat healthy food then I won't get any more spots?

I don't have acne or anything major, but I am prone to the odd giant spot (and I'm praying I won't have one on my wedding day!) I keep saying I will start eating healthy, but I just find it so difficult.

I really will try and detox in a couple of weeks - it's difficult when there's 10 boxes of chocolates calling my name though.

ReputationRep:
    Try Lush, get someone who works there to help you out and they should tell you whats best for your skin type. all there products are natural and i just utterly love lush though. i use mask of magnaminty and sea salt cleansing scrub and i'm going to try the tea tree water toner which is meant to be good for oily skin, blemishes and open pores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAZZY12345)
    i always hav spots when im stressed
    Urgh, me too
    It's amazing how much clearer my skin is post-GCSEs...:p:, although I didn't get very many spots anyway- about 3 a month but I did get the odd stress breakout

ReputationRep:
    I went to my GP about mine when it got to the point I was becoming depressed, any prescription meds will help if it's really bad.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.