Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown1557)
    I think that whether you send the letter or not depends on the uni, because on my AS12 letter, which arrived this morning, it said on the bottom slip:

"UCL assumes you will take up your place. Only return this form if you wish to withdraw."
    Ditto. All you need to do is return the reply slip perforated at the bottom of your AS12/AS12C form -- and not even all universities (like UCL or LSE) require you to do that.

Now go out and party!

ReputationRep:
    Yep mine says the same as you two above ^
    So we don't have to do nothing? They will know we want to take our place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.P)
    Yep mine says the same as you two above ^
    So we don't have to do nothing? They will know we want to take our place?
    YES! Go out and :party:! :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I looked at UEA last year Clarence - seems nice. What course are you going for?

It really does depend on the uni. Some do it that day, so it would be done by the next morning. I had to phone mine a couple of times, because they took a few days and it still wasn't done. Don't worry though, and if they are taking too long, phone up, ask again, and get the name of the person you're speaking to (always a nice hint for them to actually do it!)

Syntax - there are better reasons to give I would say - e.g. saying you can't afford to go to university this year. I said, honestly, that I'd changed my mind about the course and that it wasn't for me after all (well, semi-honestly - I didn't like the accomm either). They need to give UCAS a reason I believe for it.
    I said Aber was too far from home :cool:. But now I've realised (d'oh) that I also can't get my clearing passport until I turn down Sussex's deferred entry offer (which I'm not even sure I should do..) but I don't have that AS12 form thingy from UCAS. Phone time I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else in a similar scenario?

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few. Are you going to your Firm or Insurance? How long since the uni made its decision?

I would not be shocked UCAS is shifting thousands of documents at this time, just make sure you keep track of where everything is.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The Royal Mail don't guarantee letters will arrive the next day, assuming UCAS managed to send it yesterday. So don't panic yet

ReputationRep:
    My track updated on 16th - confirmed my place at my firm choice. Just want to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Expect it tomorrow or Monday then. Any later and ask UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    I was accepted on the 14th for my FIRM and recieved my AS12 form on results day.

So just relax im sure it will be tomorrow or monday at the latest.

ReputationRep:
    My track still says Conditional for my firm choice (coz I'm still negotiating an offer with them), but my Insurance choice have accepted me.

Now will the Insurance wait a few days and withdraw their offer if I don't confirm their offer withing a few days? Is there a deadline to do that?

ReputationRep:
    So to be safe is it just better to send back the ucas bit at the bottom of the letter, and also to reply online just to be safe?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i know this has been asked before, so forgive me for asking again, i just can't remember the reponses to this question.

I've got the AS12 letter confirming my first choice offer's acceptance. Now, the letter states that i should reply the "slip below" to an address that should be given to send it back to...?

Well, the slip says "please do not return this slip" and says "you should contact us only if you wish to decline your place..."

Does that mean i don't have to reply with the slip? Don't i still have to reply the slip to Nottingham (my first choice?)

ReputationRep:
    No you don't return it.I got the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    im in the same boat, i still havnt even recived my results yet and waiting for them to come in post, and track hasnt updated either, when i phone my uni they say they want grade from me.

ReputationRep:
    just follow the instruction ON the slip,

-> <Uni name> assumes you accept the place, bla bla: DONT SEND
    -> (i actually dont know the one they want you to send to confirm but..) : SEND IT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)
    im in the same boat, i still havnt even recived my results yet and waiting for them to come in post, and track hasnt updated either, when i phone my uni they say they want grade from me.
    Well, who has your grades then? Ask him/her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    File it away and don't worry about it (you might need it to get a student bank account set up)
    Alternatively you could use the Certificate of Acceptance if your uni issues one, but yeah, go party baby!

ReputationRep:
    anyone recieved there clearing passport yet. my status changed to clearing on the ucas website yesterday, when should i excpect to recieve the passport? can i sort out accomodation with my clearing place before my clearing passport arrives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    File it away and don't worry about it (you might need it to get a student bank account set up)
    I got the same thing - so I don't have to contact my Firm choice Uni or anything? Only the letter seems to be contradicting itself. In the main part of the letter it says, 'It is important that you respond as indicated on the reply slip within 14 days of this letter or your place may be offered to someone else. Please contact the university or college concerned direct for all advice on this deadline'.
    Then at the bottom it says: 'The University of blah assumes you will take up your place so do not return this reply slip unless you want to withdraw.'
    Then underneath that message it says: 'Please tick the appropriate box below: I will be taking up the offer of a place on the above course/I will not be taking up the offer of a place because...'

I'm confused, and what makes this worse is that I haven't received my letter from my Firm uni to confirm my place yet, either.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.