Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite alcoholic drinks? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Malibu by far ... as for a particular flavour, I don't really have one; whatever's going I suppose!

I'm also partial to a glass of good quality champagne though!

ReputationRep:
    I drink Stella, poor mans black velvet (Guiness and cider) and JD and coke in a very small glass with one ice cube.

Here's my tips for finishing the night off in a hurry. You wanna get legless, and its nearly last orders. Black velvet with a JD in, perfect, or Newcastle Brown mixed with a Smiirnoff Ice (known as a turbo shandy) should get you sorted. If you've got money and are foolish, you can ask for the top shelf, ie every spirit on sale put in a pint glass. Last time someone I know tried this it was undrinkable and they ended up soaking bread in the alchol and toasting it.
    Dude, I thought I invented turbo brown! I guess great minds think alike.
    When you're making the Black Velvet, you can pour the Guinness slowly enough and it will settle on top of the cider. When it's settled, pour a shot (or more) of Southern Comfort into it. Like this, it is known as either a "Maiden" or a "Black and Tan". It looks awesome, but you have to have a good barman to make it.
    If you have money, you could try an "Uber-Smen" - red bull, vodka, smirnoff ice, in a pintglass. Drink about an inch off the top, then add assorted shots. Aftershock produces interesting results. Alternatively, an "Uber-Kersh" is nice - WKD blue + VK Green in pintglass, then add fruit flavoured shots. I think the standard arrangement is Malibu, Midouri, Passoa (if available) and cointreau (or Bols for a bluer finish). Needless to say that these need to be drunk slowly.

ReputationRep:
    Has to be Guinness. I love it

ReputationRep:
    Long Island Ice Tea

ReputationRep:
    JD and coke.
    And bacardi + coke, bacardi + orange

ReputationRep:
    A Ladyboy.

Partridge fans will understand..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjoe)
    Bicardi brezzaaa ;[ the shame. Orange pls.
    Also JD and coke.
    And bicardi + coke, bicardi + orange

and i do love red wine spritzers :P

Learn to spell. Bacardi.

ReputationRep:
    southern comfort and coke or archers and lemonade depending on how i feel

ReputationRep:
    Whisky.

ReputationRep:
    Anything with vodka (ie coke, lemonade and lime, cranberry, orange etc) however vodka on its own is not nice! If i had to do a something on its own id do rasberry sambuca yum

ReputationRep:
    guinness,caffreys,smiths,tetleys ,baileys(yep all the ones that make you fat) also learning to love boddingtons considering im off manc

ReputationRep:
    Vodka, Lime and Lemonade.
    Vodka and Diet Coke.
    Wine - White or Rosé.

ReputationRep:
    Henessey. Straight

ReputationRep:
    Please don't tell me it's the VS...

ReputationRep:
    i love sangria its so nice and refreshing i can drink pints of it during summer without realising and then get up and be like OMG i cant walk!unfo its quite difficult to buy it in local shops..
    after working in the pub for a while i also concluded that im in love with bloody mary with tobasco (purely cas i love tomato juice)

tia maria and coke/orange juice is lovely altho its a bit too sweet
    hot chocolate/latte with pretty much any spirit is great in cold winter days

ReputationRep:
    Archers and lemonade. Sad but true, have only just been introduced to this. What have I been drinking all this time?!

ReputationRep:
    I drink Smirnoff Ice quite a bit, but recently I've really gotten into Kopparberg cider, the mixed fruit one particularly.

ReputationRep:
    You could just make sangria!
    Cold gluwein works, or red wine and blood orange juice. Add whatever other seasoning you feel appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    Drinks/cocktails you make yourself are always disgusting.

I had a cocktail party once, you just get drunk by 6pm and start putting carrots and things in the drinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Drinks/cocktails you make yourself are always disgusting.
    Only if you're bad at mixing cocktails.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.