Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljswolves)
    Hey guys!

Laura Smith

L101 Economics
    Rosebery Hall
    British Student from Bishop's Stortford, Herts
    AAAAa (Maths, F. Maths, Economics, Physics and Chemistry)
    D.O.B 17/03/88

Like rugby, cricket and pretty much any sports. Love goin out& can't wait to live in London! What day are people arriving?
    Hi Laura, welcome to the LSE subforum

Everything you need to know about LSE and Rosebery is probably somewhere in here, so just use the Search facility and you should find everything you could possibly want. And if you can't find what you're looking for then start a thread and we'll try to answer it if we can

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys travelling to LSE from Rosebery?
    - tube?
    - bus?
    - walk?
    - bike?
    -other means?

ReputationRep:
    Walk + bike (?) + bus sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Walking is the easiest option, it takes about 25 minutes to walk once you know the shortcuts (which are actually demonstrated to you in Fresher's Week when there is an organised walk to LSE, to show you the quick route). Bussing it is also quite useful, especially when it's pissing it down with rain, because let's face it, no one really wants to walk for 25 minutes in the rain. There are three buses from Rosebery, the 19, 38 and 341; the first two dropping you off at Holborn station, and the 341 dropping you off just the other side of the Aldwych on the Strand by St. Something's Church.

ReputationRep:
    I sooooo cant wait to move in now!! Im going up there today with a mate to check out the local area and make sure i can actually find it!! Tho if they show us the way to get to LSE in Freshers Week that's great, I was thinking I was gonna have to try to find it on my own hehe! I can't wait now as everyone seems really nice on here look forward to meeting you all!! (I'm Lauren btw hehe ) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolza)
    I sooooo cant wait to move in now!! Im going up there today with a mate to check out the local area and make sure i can actually find it!! Tho if they show us the way to get to LSE in Freshers Week that's great, I was thinking I was gonna have to try to find it on my own hehe! I can't wait now as everyone seems really nice on here look forward to meeting you all!! (I'm Lauren btw hehe ) xx
    It'll be a pleasure

ReputationRep:
    my names sameer ahmed im a second year law student stayed in rosebery first year best year of my life and will be there again this year because im the new social secretary....and dont worry we have an awesome freshers planned for all of you and youl have an awesome time at rosebery this year!!!!

p.s (lolza if u need textbooks for ur first year dont hesitate to ask after freshers il give them u at a muich discounted price)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,tomorrow wanna meet up for dinner?

ReputationRep:
    hey, that'll be cool! (it's gonna be so busy busy busy tomorrow - it'll be good to chill out at dinner)

i shall see you tomorrow anyway - frantically packing - what have i forgotten? what won't i need...arghhhhhh:eek:

ReputationRep:
    any decent ppl in butlers wharf? we can have our own 'crew' too...'aiiight'??! sigh

ReputationRep:
    I'm up for a dinner with everyone

ReputationRep:
    oh wow...i'm finally here...phew...

...what an anti-cimax...nah - it's awesome, it's actually better than i thought (apart from those toilet/bathrooms - if you can call it that ?!?!?!)

i'm facing some park (playground) - i guess the view aint that bad :confused:

it was so hard to connect to the internet, but that's because i'm stupid:p:

anyway, lookking forward to meeting everyone in a bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99cwhho)
    oh wow...i'm finally here...phew...

...what an anti-cimax...nah - it's awesome, it's actually better than i thought (apart from those toilet/bathrooms - if you can call it that ?!?!?!)

i'm facing some park (playground) - i guess the view aint that bad :confused:

it was so hard to connect to the internet, but that's because i'm stupid:p:

anyway, lookking forward to meeting everyone in a bit!
    The best bit about that view is you get to watch the cars getting broken into every week on the road between Halls and the playground. You'll be sitting there doing some work and then smaaash! and you'll look out the window and see kids on bikes or mopeds speeding away lol.

ReputationRep:
    Alright guys,my extension number is 24369. Ask for Khan Ruey/Henry. Looking forward to meet you all!

ReputationRep:
    Hey 99*whatever* (:p:), where you at ?

ReputationRep:
    my room is 211, same floor as the bar...it's at the end of the corridor which is immediately right at the reception/office desk

how about you, probably see ya tonight or something!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I'm in room 718 mate !

ReputationRep:
    you got 2 pillows,1 duvet, a table lamp, a wardrobe, an easy chair, (desk, bed, chair and rubbish bin obviously!), a bar of hand soap. I'd advise you to bring a laundry basket. Yea a lot of people play football on a regular basis here in Rosebery,so don't worry . Hope you like the place!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there's a Budgens mini-supermarket thing about 2 minutes away, and then there's a massive Sainsburys about 5 minutes away, near Angel station.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Sainsbury. It's cheaper over there. And they have more stuff than Budgens.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 5, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.