USA has the best fans for the World Cup:Nobody Turns up like we do..... Watch

JoséSilva
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by manchesterunited15)
England's and Holland's were harder imo.

Ghana are between Egypt and Armenia in the rankings, while Ronaldo scored all 4 of Portugal's goals in the play off vs Sweden so if he was in the condition then that he is now, they wouldn't even be here.

Belgium will knock them out.
The problem wasn't just Ronaldo...Of course if he was not injured things would not went so wrong. The Portuguese problem begun when Mr Paulo Bento didn't call the best players to the group and didn't want to have two players for each position. When the injury of Coentrão happened bumm...there were no more left defensebacks on the bench. He started to play with André Almeida there (he's adapted and the 3rd choice in Benfica) and then he moved to Miguel Veloso, who's not particularly fast (and is adapted too). There were in the Portuguese squad too many, but really too many, players out of fit and, others, simply not good enough to represent our country. Portugal is not just Ronaldo; and Portugal is not that "thing" that happened in this WC. We are much better than that; unfortunately our coach is not.

Oh, Belgium has a wonderful team but I don't think they can win this. I put them as favorites (alongside with England) to the Euro 2016. Now I would bet my money in Argentina (they are the team with better individual talents but, also, a terrible coach...) or France (Valbuena is playing a lot).
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
England's and Holland's were harder imo.

Ghana are between Egypt and Armenia in the rankings, while Ronaldo scored all 4 of Portugal's goals in the play off vs Sweden so if he was in the condition then that he is now, they wouldn't even be here.

Belgium will knock them out.
England's group was harder, elaborate? I remember you talking down Uruguay's chances before the tournament, and don't say you thought Costa Rica had a chance of getting through, because nobody thought they'd be anything other than the whipping boys.

You mention rankings, yes Ghana are quite low but Portugal are 4th and USA are 13th. So that group had 3 teams in the worlds top 15 and 1 outsider, basically the same as England's group then.
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol Muricaaa :rolleyes:

Hazard will tear you up.
iamu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
lol Muricaaa :rolleyes:

Hazard will tear you up.
Belgium have been poor.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
England's group was harder, elaborate? I remember you talking down Uruguay's chances before the tournament, and don't say you thought Costa Rica had a chance of getting through, because nobody thought they'd be anything other than the whipping boys.

You mention rankings, yes Ghana are quite low but Portugal are 4th and USA are 13th. So that group had 3 teams in the worlds top 15 and 1 outsider, basically the same as England's group then.
Not making excuses but two of the teams in our group had home continent advantage.
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Not making excuses but two of the teams in our group had home continent advantage.
Costa Rica is in North America

#js
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Costa Rica is in North America

#js
Nope, Central America. I would know as I know my Americas.

#js
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope, Central America. I would know as I know my Americas.

#js
Central America isn't a continent, it's part of North America.

#js
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Central America isn't a continent, it's part of North America.

#js
Yes, but America is a continent.

#js
Kim-Jong-Illest
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
its true tbh, dem usa fans got me hyped more than any other set of fans this wc bar brazil.
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, but America is a continent.

#js
Wilf pls: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/faq/geography.html

By convention there are seven continents: Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Antarctica.
#js
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am now arguing for the sake of arguing.

#js
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am now arguing for the sake of arguing.

#js
Das it mane.
iamu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Das it mane.
nomsayin
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iamu)
nomsayin
aware
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RtGOAT)
The US has the best everything tbh.
Well clearly they don't have the best football players.
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)

I talked down Uruguay's chances of getting through, but all that's saying is they're worse than England and Italy.

Slightly lower rankings than England's, our group had 3 of the top 10 and Costa Rica are 9 higher than Ghana. Plus obviously Ronaldo is very important to Portugal so him being half injured makes them a fair bit worse.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ronaldo or no Ronaldo, Portugal are just simply rubbish and were never going to do anything great this WC. They finished lower than Russia in their qualifying group which says it all.

But, you're clearly delusional if you think that England's group wasn't dross compared to their group.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (68)
77.27%
No (20)
22.73%

Watched Threads