How can i get my stomach flat again? Watch

drewBusby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Yes but what I'm saying is, low carb diets aren't directly linked to fat loss

Low carb diets usually means a higher intake of protein.

So really, a high protein diet is what is good, carbs aren't a bad thing, it's just when carbs are low, protein is high.

I'm not trying to tell you what is right and wrong here, I'm sure you know already. But recommending a low carb diet to the OP isn't the greatest advice.
Correlation does not imply causation. I stand by the notion of consuming below ones caloric maintenance level in order to lose weight.
If you were to avoid/reduce the consumption of one macro-nutrient, you will be reducing your calories as well. Doing this could shift someone into a caloric deficit.
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Babynames.com
Reece Sure
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The majority of the posts here reflect perfectly the attitudes of society, I haven't read anything past the first page but whomever made the comment about the calories is dead on.

Ignore the magazines, and the advice you read in them. Even personal trainers are an extension of this REDICULOUS industry, and you'll even find people quoting "scientific" papers which just so happen to be funded and designed to reach pre arranged conclusions. If you want to lose weight, consume less calories, 200-300 below your maintenence. It's not just about getting a flatter stomach I imagine, that is the means to an end. The "end" being, looking more attractive..

In reality and in most cases (minus mental conditions, eating disorders etc) when someone says they want to lose weight, what they actually mean is they want to look better. Firmer, tighter, curvier.. strength training in the gym will assist with this.

If anyone reading this is interested in further reading, please give the following link a read. I'd hazard a guess that 95 percent of my fellow brits, are in fact nutritionally illiterate, opting instead to buy into the products and testimonies of paid athletes and companies promising the world.

http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html#part3
Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD)
Correlation does not imply causation. I stand by the notion of consuming below ones caloric maintenance level in order to lose weight.
If you were to avoid/reduce the consumption of one macro-nutrient, you will be reducing your calories as well. Doing this could shift someone into a caloric deficit.
Yes that much we agree upon. The fact is though if you're on a ketogenic diet does not make you lose fat it's the caloric deficit. Thats the point zKlown was putting across.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username369234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This thread is full of ****e

Keto works, yes (if you stick to it) because as said above it's a calorie deficit. The question is, why would you want to do keto when you can lose fat whilst still eating carbs and therefore have more energy and not feel so sh1t?

Carbs are not the enemy.
Fashion Girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Flobie)
Firstly, well just listen to what everyone else is saying about push ups. It's all upper body but you need a strong core as well, but if you want to target the core just plank.

Secondly, to the bit in bold, you can't spot-reduce fat. You can't just "burn that belly fat" without burning fat in general.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh no, I wont!

(Original post by illusionz)
trolololol. Telling everyone they don't know what the most basic exercise ever is... and can't even give a video or description of your take on it.

Confirmed troll.
(Original post by Tom78)
Sorry babes, maybe we could sit down and watch Davina McCall's latest workout video together or Shaun T's Hip Hop abs.Hip Hop abs yo!
Which part of the "please do not quote me again!" did you not get?
Flobie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fashion Girl)
Just trying to help :rolleyes:
Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Quoted for quotes sake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Opts
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Example:

You need 2000 calories to 'maintain.' That is to fulfill your daily activities.

If you eat 2300 calories you will gain weight.

If you eat 1700 calories you will lose weight.

If you eat 2300 calories, and go for a run burning 400 calories. Your final figure will be 1900, you will lose weight.

It doesn't matter if you eat 1700 calories of salad or burger king. The figures remain the same - sure you can optimise your macros depending on goals but you don't really have any long term goals.

Thats it. Simple

--------

Eat well, sleep well, exercise well and you won't even need to bother tracking calories.
bertstare
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Yes but what I'm saying is, low carb diets aren't directly linked to fat loss

Low carb diets usually means a higher intake of protein.

So really, a high protein diet is what is good, carbs aren't a bad thing, it's just when carbs are low, protein is high.

I'm not trying to tell you what is right and wrong here, I'm sure you know already. But recommending a low carb diet to the OP isn't the greatest advice.
The reason some people (even knowledgeable ones) recommend low carb diets/cutting out carbs, is because the average person won't bother tracking their calories worth a damn, and even if they do they'll probably be wildly inaccurate. Recommending a very liberal IIFYM type diet for someone who doesn't have a clue about nutrition probably isn't going to get them very far - easier to simply say cut out carbs and then bam the person is likely to be in a calorie deficit without ever tracking anything
JeffreyPhelps
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To get a flat stomach you have to focus on various factors as:
Never go to sleep immediately after eating.
Eat healthier.
Reduce your portion sizes.
Eat low-glycemic index foods.
Try to cut as much sugar from your diet as possible.
Eat a protein-rich snack between 3 and 4 p.m.
Eat small, frequent meals.
Drink plenty of water.
illusionz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Are your jimmies rustled?
JeffreyPhelps
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just do some stomach exercises. Search on the net, where you will find many easy and simple stomach flat crunches which may help you to keep your stomach flat always. Add these in your daily routine.
Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bertstare)
The reason some people (even knowledgeable ones) recommend low carb diets/cutting out carbs, is because the average person won't bother tracking their calories worth a damn, and even if they do they'll probably be wildly inaccurate. Recommending a very liberal IIFYM type diet for someone who doesn't have a clue about nutrition probably isn't going to get them very far - easier to simply say cut out carbs and then bam the person is likely to be in a calorie deficit without ever tracking anything
This is true, however cutting carbs makes you feel damn terrible and if you go full keto... headaches, nausea etc.... very hard to not break your diet. Eating like an adult, with good whole foods that are high satiating is standard advice tbh.

(Original post by JeffreyPhelps)
Just do some stomach exercises. Search on the net, where you will find many easy and simple stomach flat crunches which may help you to keep your stomach flat always. Add these in your daily routine.
No, this was explained earlier in the thread as to why this is wrong.

(Original post by JeffreyPhelps)
To get a flat stomach you have to focus on various factors as:
Never go to sleep immediately after eating.
Why not? Perfectly healthy to do so

Eat healthier.
Reduce your portion sizes.
Eat low-glycemic index foods.
So I should be eating pizza then?

Glycaemic index means nothing to the standard human being. It's a test on fasted individuals to see how high their blood glucose rose - pizza is a prime example of a low glycaemic index food.

Try to cut as much sugar from your diet as possible.
Added sugar like coca cola etc - yes
However there's sugar in everything from meat to vegetables

Eat a protein-rich snack between 3 and 4 p.m.
Lol.. why?

Eat small, frequent meals.
This increases many peoples appetite, including mine
Ariana Grande
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Kim k has my dream body
Fashion Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you not understand English or something? Because it looks like you might be having difficulty talking and understand things in the language properly!
Ankabout
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Eat less... especially junk food. Also drink LOTS of water cuz it fills up your stomach and makes you less hungry.

Eating less and reducing junk food (to just once a week) has always helped me get to that dream weight goal.
Mr. Tizzy XII
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Do you not understand English or something? Because it looks like you might be having difficulty talking and understand things in the language properly!
Her jimmies are definitely rustled.

Also: so much misinformed crap in this thread it is unbelievable.
Angry cucumber
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr. Tizzy XII)
HeAlso: so much misinformed crap in this thread it is unbelievable.
Welcome to the fitness section

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fashion Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr. Tizzy XII)
Her jimmies are definitely rustled.

Also: so much misinformed crap in this thread it is unbelievable.
Wow! Inside joke! *shudders :rolleyes:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads