Average spending per week in Bristol Watch

cappucino07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I still think 'Gong' is one of their best.

Such a raw tune. In fact I'm going to wake my family up with it now.
Peppercorn
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
'Gong' is a wonderful piece...
...though as far as that kinda music goes, I reckon there's much better out there. GY!BE, Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, 65daysofstatic and all that.
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I frickin love 65daysofstatic (The Fall of Math would get in my top ten albums of all time), but really they sound nothing like Sigur Ros. Just because they are lumped in with the "post-rock" tag don't make them similar.

Godspeed I love as well. I used 'East Hastings' in a short film I made a few months back. I got everything they've ever released in a rather nice torrent a year or so back. Great stuff.

Mogwai I like odd tracks, Explosions in the Sky I never really got into.
tozhan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
GY!BE have some really amazing tracks. check out:

Moya
Glass Museum
Providence
East Hastings (you mentioned already, v good.)

never heard of Mogwai...who?! and where can i listen to it?
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mogwai, Scottish post-rock band.

Get Young Team, it's their only album worth bothering with really.
kazap
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
after rent, I got by on about £40 a week - which was hard going but I didnt want to max out my debts. Its really worth thinking about. I used to purchase a bottle of wine (2.99 somerfield) and down that and head out at 9 or so, keeping a few quid for entry somewhere, maybe one drink. Taxis home was a luxury - geesh the number of times I walked home...! But at least in Bristol you can for the most part.

In later years I earned a bit more over summer and upped my spending to a more comfortable £70-80. I used to know people who killed 1-200 a week though, mostly on credit cards and loans etc, they are still paying for it
squigaletta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yay, let's have a lifetime of debt
tozhan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
just declare yourself bankrupt when you leave university
squigaletta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Or move to another country, you never have to pay back your tuition fees that way
tozhan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:rofl: ever heard of 'extradition'

be wise when you choose the country. France, Germany, China and Japan (YEY!) protect their people against extradition

EDIT: although first i must become japanese....
diamond_fire
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think I may die, I have already eaten £700 into my overdraft on books / necessary things for uni like new shoes and a garlic press.

Tbh I can see myself spending far too much of my loan during freshers week. Goodbye money.

Does anyone know whats going on with Freshers Week? Some of my friends have got plans of whats happening during their fresher's weeks...Ive heard nothing!
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We got a fresher's thing from our hall.

It's all organised by them.
tozhan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by the victory james)
It's all organised by them.
lame.

how about a party at my flat instead. BYOB.
squigaletta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ive eaten about 1200 pounds into my over draft, shag!
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My overdraft is as yet, intact.

I have only had it for like a week, so plenty of time to decimate it.
rosieposy87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not liking this overdraft thing at all. You go to your bank, it says you have £1000- but that's not your money! That's someone else's money you eventually have to pay back! No wonder students get into debt when it says you have money you don't! Goodness me!
brabzzz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Get battered before you actually leave the house and it becomes much cheaper. Wine/coke, vod/orange etc. A cheap night and you know exactly what colour it's gonna be when you yak it all up again!

If you're catered, you can get buy on less than £10 a week food wise. Less if you nick what you need for lunch from breakfast. You can also 'borrow' plates, cutlery, milk and other stuff there.

You don't need books - that's what the library is for. Only buy the ones you really need, and don't do that until about easter time.

I was spending £lots for the best part of a year. 4 heavy night out a week and an expensive hobby at weekends. It dropped considerably once i became hall bar manager....
rosieposy87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Getting drunk before you go out at uni is ace- SO much cheaper and cos everyone goes out so late anyway you're drunk for the rest of the evening.
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rosieposy87)
I'm not liking this overdraft thing at all. You go to your bank, it says you have £1000- but that's not your money! That's someone else's money you eventually have to pay back! No wonder students get into debt when it says you have money you don't! Goodness me!
We're gonna get into another "free" debate aren't we...

FREE MONEY
squigaletta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm with you, free money and free food all the way baby.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (586)
80.27%
Leave (144)
19.73%

Watched Threads