Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age did you have your first drink (of alcohol) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My dad and the family thought it was funny for me to do shots when I was 5. I don't remember, but that **** is pretty funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Dad used to give us some with our meal on Fridays.
    uwot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece Sure)
    My dad and the family thought it was funny for me to do shots when I was 5. I don't remember, but that sh*t is pretty funny
    Pretty brutal that like haha!

ReputationRep:
    I drank lots of watered down wine when i was younger or would have sips of wine from parents. We grew up in Jersey so spent lots of time in France where this is common.

There's a photo of me when i'm 5 drinking white wine in a restaurant that i found lately. (a physical photo since this was the mid 90s)

(Original post by Gofre)
    How about a drink moment rather than food?

Back when I was ten, my dad invited a potential employer round to our house for dinner, a kind of "meet the family" thing. About midway through the meal I reached for my glass of lemonade, which tasted utterly revolting and unlike anything I'd ever drunk before. I told my mum it was horrible, and in an effort not to make a scene in front of dad's new boss told me to "be quiet and just drink it", so through gritted teeth I tried again, and stomached a bit more before complaining again. By this point my brother had picked up on my grimaces and tried it for himself, and also began commenting on how disgusting it was. Getting pretty irate about his two children whinging in front of his new boss, my dad stood up and proclaimed "For god's sake, it's only lemonade!" before taking a large mouthful, and spraying his boss with it as he spat it out immediately.

Turns out they'd forgotten that they'd used the bottle to hold a different drink after cracking the original bottle a month before. My parent's had essentially been force-feeding us neat gin. Needless to say after forcing his pre-teen children to drink booze, shouting at them for objecting, and spitting on him, my dad was not offered the position =P
    That just made me laugh out loud in the middle of the TSR office. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 18 and I've not touched anything - no interest to me at all!

ReputationRep:
    15 I think. I think I had a 70cl bottle of sherry and some cider and beer (not sure).

ReputationRep:
    I think about 14. Just shots of sambuca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I'm nearly 18 and I've not touched anything - no interest to me at all!
    Oh man you're gonna have a rough time when you do start.

ReputationRep:
    I drank a glass of my mother's wine when I was 13. I'm 20 now, but I've never been drunk (and I don't want to get drunk). I do enjoy a good glass of wine, an icecold beer or a sweet cocktail. But I never drink a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I had my first proper drink and got drunk when I was 17. My 6th year had a Christmas party and we had it at a friend's house. I drank far too much, and mixed like 5 kinds of alcohol then threw up

Ended up being picked up and taken home by my mum :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Oh man you're gonna have a rough time when you do start.
    I don't intend to.

ReputationRep:
    13 or 14 - a glass of mulled wine at Christmas with my uncle

ReputationRep:
    Had sips of parent's wine etc from about 8 I reckon. First got properly drunk at 14. At 16 was getting trashed at house parties.
    • Welcome Squad

I don't plan on drinking alcohol. I mean I've seen the effects it can have on people etc.

Anyway, I did take a sip of my dad's guiness when i was really young. I thought it was coca cola lol

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully never

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I don't intend to.
    That's a shame, you're missing out on one of life's greatest joys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Venus)
    Used to get quite mortal off vodka or lambrini at the age of 13/14, in parks with my mates. Did no one else do this? Had some of the best fun in my life haha.

Also did no one else used to stand outside shops for hours trying to get random strangers to go and buy your alcohol?
    Omg haha used to get drunk of frosty jacks 3 litre bottles with mates sometimes and yeah wait outside for people To go in....I never used to like asking though, that's all in the past now though and I am a changed man, moving up in the world while my old mates are thieving drug addicts now.... Such a shame

ReputationRep:
    6. When my dad left the room I sipped some of his Budweiser. So gross.

ReputationRep:
    18. :P Last year.

ReputationRep:
    My first proper drink was aged 13 your standard cans of lager but I always used to sip my dad's beers in the pub, putting peanuts and crisps in it :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.