The Student Room Group

Is my mum a disgrace?

Scroll to see replies

How can you even comment about your mom like that to a bunch of anons? I don't even...
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I guess it's because as a man I'm more lickly to encounter the scenario of being left for someone with more money which made me inclined to feel sorry for the young bloke.

And as a woman I'm more likely to encounter the scenario of being left for someone younger looking and more attractive than me but what difference does that make? There's is no point bringing gender into this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did she want to sleep with a 67 year old as a 25 yr old woman I very much doubt it so yeah she took advantage of him.
Once again you restore my faith in people :tongue:

I do think though that sometimes it is best to walk away if you aren't happy in a relationship, and in a relationship where kids are involvedmthey should come before your partner. I don't think its the worst thing anyone's done to leave for a more wealthy partner to secure a better chance in life for their children, especially if they weren't happy in the relationship in the first place. Sounds a lot more caring than many parents.
All the women defending her. :rofl:

You know she's nothing but a common hoe. :yep:
Original post by lovingislosing
What does he being male have to do with it

What about the countless men that leave their wives for younger women too? Who cares about them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For every man that leaves a woman for a younger one, I can think of at least two women who care.

Anyway, this doesn't need to be an argument about gender. Both men and women leave their partners for less than noble reasons.

That is your opinion, I see nothing disgraceful in what she has done and I ask you kindly not to refer to her in such a derogatory manner

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is just funny. Who are you to boss the OP around as to how to speak about someone you've never met, and who he is related to?
Original post by themorninglight
How can you speak about your mother in this way? Seriously, what do you gain from making a thread like this?

Absolutely nothing and he knows that. So sad to see him diss his mum like that:frown:
Reply 47
you gotta do what you gotta do to survive
heh, women
Can't live with them, can't live without them
Amirite?
#banter
Reply 49
I'd **** a farmer to become a millionaire...
Original post by TurboCretin
For every man that leaves a woman for a younger one, I can think of at least two women who care.

Anyway, this doesn't need to be an argument about gender. Both men and women leave their partners for less than noble reasons.

This is just funny. Who are you to boss the OP around as to how to speak about someone you've never met, and who he is related to?

I did ask kindly if you saw my quote. Don't know how you've taken offence at that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My main issue on this thread is with how OP has referred to his own mother who quite clearly was putting her children's needs before her own.

This is an absolutely ridiculous assumption. You're looking at the situation through rose-tinted glasses.

How could you possibly know that? For all we know, she may have just wanted to establish a more comfortable life for herself; a life without financial pressures is desirable, whether one is a mother or not - and it just so happens that her kids were to benefit from it. I won't form an opinion on it, but I won't discount the other possibilities based on nothing at all.
Original post by redferry
I do think though that sometimes it is best to walk away if you aren't happy in a relationship, and in a relationship where kids are involvedmthey should come before your partner. I don't think its the worst thing anyone's done to leave for a more wealthy partner to secure a better chance in life for their children, especially if they weren't happy in the relationship in the first place. Sounds a lot more caring than many parents.

Well that's obvious. But what happens if that isn't the case? What if it was a perfectly stable relationship then comes along mr rich who the women falls for. The male partner all of a sudden finds he is going to get a lot less time with his kids and potentially feel very sidelined from their lives, unless the kids are left with the dad and mum helps pay for them (this is incredibly rare).

Can you not see how casually stating how it isn't that bad to leave your partner for a man with more money for the kids sake can make guys feel a bit threatened? Like you could any moment just leave and take your family from you if you find someone with more money :frown:

Does the man's well being not come into the decision making process at all?

I'm not trying to create a gander war by the way.
I really don't see the problem at all, its not like it was a one way thing, she looked after the guy, had his kids and he got a fit younger wife out of it. You don't know that she didn't care about him :\ I don't think anyone could dupe someone for that long without feelings getting involved.

No its disgusting and this is why men today won't get married, the institution of marriage is horrifically skewed towards the bride, examples such as the above are the reason why no rational man would get married these days and especially not to a women who thinks like yourself.
Well that's obvious. But what happens if that isn't the case? What if it was a perfectly stable relationship then comes along mr rich who the women falls for. The male partner all of a sudden finds he is going to get a lot less time with his kids and potentially feel very sidelined from their lives, unless the kids are left with the dad and mum helps pay for them (this is incredibly rare).

Can you not see how casually stating how it isn't that bad to leave your partner for a man with more money for the kids sake can make guys feel a bit threatened? Like you could any moment just leave and take your family from you if you find someone with more money :frown:

Does the man's well being not come into the decision making process at all?

I'm not trying to create a gander war by the way.

That's not really a thing. No one walks out of a relationship that makes them perfectly happy.

I think you might be turning into the new Riku :wink:
Original post by Pussy Galore
No its disgusting and this is why men today won't get married, the institution of marriage is horrifically skewed towards the bride, examples such as the above are the reason why no rational man would get married these days and especially not to a women who thinks like yourself.

Bareley any women want to get married these days either let's be honest.
And as a woman I'm more likely to encounter the scenario of being left for someone younger looking and more attractive than me but what difference does that make? There's is no point bringing gender into this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not. I'm just saying that is probably the reason why I thought about that first.
A bit of a bastard to be sure.
Bareley any women want to get married these days either let's be honest.

Not those over 30
That's not really a thing. No one walks out of a relationship that makes them perfectly happy.

I think you might be turning into the new Riku :wink:

But then how many relationships make people perfectly happy? Life is never just unicorns and rainbows :tongue: The important bit is the relationship makes you net happy. What if someone else would increase that net happiness?*

Don't say that! :eek:

I might think about things to much. I would rather say I like to think about the morals behind stuff, often stuff that will never or doesn't effect me.

*riku moment there perhaps :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending