Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anybody else been arrested? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    lol, you got arrested, strip searched and roughed up, for that?

Are you sure you're not leaving any details out?
    We were on a national express coach, and we were very drunk & rowdy. I'm not excusing my behaviour that was wrong they could have locked me up in a cell for 12 hours, but the strip search & general aggressiveness was uncalled for, and they knew it hence they didn't charge me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulm94)
    I didn't get charged - not yet anyway. Got police bail and have to go back in a few weeks. They said they were going to look at CCTV and had a few people to talk to. It was 12 hours because I got arrested at about 1am and they just put me in a cell to sober up and woke me about 8am I think and then interviewed me.

I got to speak to a solicitor on the phone before the interview. I only admitted to being drunk and not remembering exactly what had happened and that was the truth. I don't know what is going to happen when I go back. Like I said it was my first time arrested and in a cell and interviewed so I only did what I thought was right.

What are the rules about them keeping your fingerprints and photograph - thought once they had them they kept them
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...otected-in-law

Again, I wouldn't have admitted to being drunk, in a court of law, they would have to prove it. They didn't do any tests, so they would have no legal argument before a judge. Police are really bad in instances like that, their interview techniques in trying to get people to implicate themselves is hilarious. Btw duty solicitors are terrible, they have no obligation just towards yourself just to give you a basic level of legal advice, they don't even care what happens to you. Thats the problem, when you do whats right you end up in more trouble. You know that clubs don't tend to bother with the aftermath, it gives there place a bad image. They just want to make sure they don't lose their licenses, seeing you confessed to being drunk, you've dug yourself a hole. Thats already one law you have violated, drunk and disorderly. Again you should know a court would have to see it as "beyond reasonable doubt". Its a criminal conviction so just having a slight possibility of you doing the crime is insufficient.

ReputationRep:
    One of my exes had, we broke up soon after

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solivagant)
    I've not technically been arrested but I have been severely buggered and had a ride in the back of a police van home. Such a rebel :innocent:
    I've been in a police car around twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)
    spent 5 months in a young offenders prison just because I set a motorbike on fire as its owner annoyed me. besides that I've been arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of an offensive weapon and threats to kill. innocent on all counts if you ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hypothetically, a smart person would had put multiple layers of gloves latex (to cover sweat), then leather. And made sure whatever good they use to set it off and clothes were destroyed, somewhere very far away, no cameras,lol. Doing things in the dark helps, smart people get away with it, only idiots get caught. Thats like the most basic thing you can do and you got caught, also use of white spirit is very useful in this instance. Also an alibi and cover all facial features, wearing dark clothes, straight black, camera's are often don't have colour so they can't distinguish,lol. The ability to not confess also helps,lol and not to show remorse or emotions when someone questions you about it,lol.

ReputationRep:
    Did they give you the caution straight off or were you bailed like I was?

Don't know anything about that ID for clubs? Would they really know if you've been arrested?
    I was charged with ABH and I was sent on my way with a piece of paper letting me know I had received a caution.

That was all, not a word from the police since then, though i did manage to track the guy down on Facebook and he wasn't happy that i had only received a caution, he wanted to press charges but the police told it was my first offence and that there was nothing they could do as I had admitted to it. I was remorseful and told them it was out of character blah blah blah it will never happen again blah blah blah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...otected-in-law

Again, I wouldn't have admitted to being drunk, in a court of law, they would have to prove it. They didn't do any tests, so they would have no legal argument before a judge. Police are really bad in instances like that, their interview techniques in trying to get people to implicate themselves is hilarious. Btw duty solicitors are terrible, they have no obligation just towards yourself just to give you a basic level of legal advice, they don't even care what happens to you. Thats the problem, when you do whats right you end up in more trouble. You know that clubs don't tend to bother with the aftermath, it gives there place a bad image. They just want to make sure they don't lose their licenses, seeing you confessed to being drunk, you've dug yourself a hole. Thats already one law you have violated, drunk and disorderly. Again you should know a court would have to see it as "beyond reasonable doubt". Its a criminal conviction so just having a slight possibility of you doing the crime is insufficient.
    Pity you weren't the solicitor I spoke to that morning - just had a 5 minute call on the phone. You seem to know your law anyway

ReputationRep:
    >>Wags finger>>> and let that be a lesson to you and others.

If you are lucky you might get NFA'd. But if you have fessed up to anything relating to public order they may well charge you and you will get fined or other penalty, oh and a nice Police record. They already have recorded you in the system.

When dealing with The Police my best advice is,,be nice, be calm, if you have to talk make sure your utterances do not include any admissions of anything. Remember coppers are real people too. They are used to dealing with knobs and they will always win. They have heard and seen it all before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    >>Wags finger>>> and let that be a lesson to you and others.

If you are lucky you might get NFA'd. But if you have fessed up to anything relating to public order they may well charge you and you will get fined or other penalty, oh and a nice Police record. They already have recorded you in the system.

When dealing with The Police my best advice is,,be nice, be calm, if you have to talk make sure your utterances do not include any admissions of anything. Remember coppers are real people too. They are used to dealing with knobs and they will always win. They have heard and seen it all before.
    Best piece of advice

ReputationRep:
    Pity you weren't the solicitor I spoke to that morning - just had a 5 minute call on the phone. You seem to know your law anyway
    Yeah guy on the next post sums it up (Limpopo). Just never confess anything, the CPS won't bother with a bar altercation, its not in the public interest to prosecute the costs outweigh the gain. Unless you permanently injure or kill someone they don't tend too, unless your serial offender. Thats why I would make sure they didn't charge me, then complain about the officers. Its a such a subjective area and even with body warmer footage it doesn't cover everything. You can make you own allegations of wrong doing, "tit for tat".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    more experience then you do then genius i just had a BDS
    http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk

and it does come up on an enhanced "DBS"
    http://dbsdirect.co.uk/types-of-chec...ey-are-for.php

if your charged it shows, why and what happened, you have to disclose it. And how do I know? Ive actually had run ins with the police, I don't talk a big game. I actually follow through with my actions. Especially if your working with children or vulnerable people, thats why then do enhanced DBS checks as you put it. Of course assaulting someone would affect your ability to do a job. Hence he should have kept his mouth shut at interview. Ive been in never been charged, its for them to find me guilty and worth prosecuting (as the cps is run from taxpayers money, the public wants convictions). I.e. give them time to investigate, if they can't find anything, they have to let me go. Otherwise people like me will bring up racial harassment or anything reasonable. We live in a society "beyond reasonable doubt" to convict someone. Any doubt, they let you go, this isn't sharia law darling. Hence the police offering people the choice of giving them fines or going to court,lol.

Why lie to OP, because of your lies he might up a doctor for example? It shows up.
    https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-and-ba...and-complaints
    without read your life story I suggest first you actually read through the pages of the links you sent and secondly update yourself with new laws.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...l-record-check

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana81)
    without read your life story I suggest first you actually read through the pages of the links you sent and secondly update yourself with new laws.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...l-record-check

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah read, it will show, your dealing with vulnerable people. That is why I would get my moneys worth if I was going to get convicted.

Enhanced DBS check
    Enhanced DBS checks are for positions involving certain activities such as teaching children or treating adults and can also be obtained for certain other professions (for example, judicial appointments, RSPCA officers). An enhanced check may only be applied for if the applicant's job role is specified in both the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exception) order 1975 and the Police Act 1997.[10]

In addition to the information provided on a Standard certificate, the Enhanced certificate involves an additional check with the police,[11] who check if any other information is held on file that may be relevant (for instance, information that has not led to a criminal conviction but may indicate a danger to vulnerable groups). The police decide what (if any) additional information will be added to the certificate using the Quality Assurance Framework.[12]

The involvement of local police forces can mean an enhanced check may take significantly longer than a standard check to be completed.

Enhanced with Barred List checks
    This includes all that Enhanced certificate does, plus a check of the appropriate DBS Barred List. There are two DBS Barred Lists: one for adults, and one for children. The lists contain information on whether the applicant is barred from working with either of the two groups.[11] An individual may only be checked against one or both barred lists if their job role is classified as a 'Regulated Activity' with children and/or adults under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.

ReputationRep:
    I have never been attested I have had a breath tests as a police officer thought I was drunk so I offered a breath testto prove I wasn't, I have bouts of dizziness as well as unsteadiness on my feet and they weren't happy with my explanation but after proving I hadn't a drink/drunk they had no case to answer

Nightworld1066

ReputationRep:
    I've been detained for fighting. Years ago. Standing up to racist bullies and that.
    Ooh gurrl I ish ghetto lmao

ReputationRep:
    I also almost got bloody ASBO for loud talking at like 2am outside an old bag's garden. I smelled of cannibus but had none on me so ha -.-

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.