Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitter_fairy5)
    Yeah i've started filling it in and nearly done my personal statement How about you?
    Aha, no not quite that organised, my college plans to get us all registered next week at some point I think. Am I right in thinking the personal statement is the main headache? Anyone got any creative ways to begin the personal statement??

ReputationRep:
    I started about why I'm passionate about the course and what adult nursing is so you tell the admissions tutors you know exactly what adult nursing is and what it involves I also wrote a few personal qualities that I have which would be suitable for nursing you basically need to show the unis why you would be suitable for the nursing course!

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    I started about why I'm passionate about the course and what adult nursing is so you tell the admissions tutors you know exactly what adult nursing is and what it involves I also wrote a few personal qualities that I have which would be suitable for nursing you basically need to show the unis why you would be suitable for the nursing course!

Hope this helps
    I'm going to apply for 4 adult nursing courses, and one adult and child, if I talk about why I want to nurse adults I'm worried they might not take me seriously for the dual field. Or am I being pedantic?? :L Also with the dual field, do you think helping out in a creche is enough experience with children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muggins95)
    I'm going to apply for 4 adult nursing courses, and one adult and child, if I talk about why I want to nurse adults I'm worried they might not take me seriously for the dual field. Or am I being pedantic?? :L Also with the dual field, do you think helping out in a creche is enough experience with children?
    Are you applying for dual at southampton? If so you just write about adult nursing and then you send a separate personal statement for why you want to do dual nursing!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah dual at Southampton, and thanks...had no idea you could send a separate PS!

ReputationRep:
    yeah you email it to them! I'm considering applying for dual now aswell!

ReputationRep:
    yeah you email it to them! I'm considering applying for dual now aswell!
    Do it The standard grade requirement is only one subject up a grade from the usual BBB needed for most places, so I figured it was worth a shot. Have you been to any Southampton open days at all? They are the only uni I haven't been able to visit yet...bit worried about applying without seeing the place but trusting their good reputation!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have my personal statement done for Adult Nursing, I am now just waiting on my reference before I send off my application.
    I am applying for:
    York
    Leeds Met
    Bradford
    Chester
    Anglia Ruskin/ Oxford Brookes (still deciding between the two)

With regards to the personal statement, a few of the universities gave guidelines on their website or via email regarding what they are looking for, which was useful for me. I also got the book 'Getting into Nursing & Midwifery courses' by Wendy Reed form the library which was useful. Gives you personal statement tips and interview tips too which is good to know what to expect.

I am nervous about the English and Maths tests at the interviews as I have been out of education for a few years so I think I need to refresh myself on it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comcmahon)
    Hi,
    I have my personal statement done for Adult Nursing, I am now just waiting on my reference before I send off my application.
    I am applying for:
    York
    Leeds Met
    Bradford
    Chester
    Anglia Ruskin/ Oxford Brookes (still deciding between the two)

With regards to the personal statement, a few of the universities gave guidelines on their website or via email regarding what they are looking for, which was useful for me. I also got the book 'Getting into Nursing & Midwifery courses' by Wendy Reed form the library which was useful. Gives you personal statement tips and interview tips too which is good to know what to expect.

I am nervous about the English and Maths tests at the interviews as I have been out of education for a few years so I think I need to refresh myself on it all
    I'm also applying to anglia ruskin, which one would you apply to? Cambridge Chelmsford or Peterborough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-clo)
    I'm also applying to anglia ruskin, which one would you apply to? Cambridge Chelmsford or Peterborough
    Hi, I would be applying to Cambridge. My sister has an annex in her house which I could possibly rent. I am not sure I could afford Cambridge rents otherwise

How about you? Which campus will you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would be applying to Cambridge. My sister has an annex in her house which I could possibly rent. I am not sure I could afford Cambridge rents otherwise

How about you? Which campus will you apply for?
    Defiantly cambridge I have a lot of friends there where there already at uni so I can get a house share with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan-clo)
    Defiantly cambridge I have a lot of friends there where there already at uni so I can get a house share with them
    Are you also applying for Adult Nursing?

ReputationRep:
    Are you also applying for Adult Nursing?
    No child nursing, but if we both go to the same we'll be in the same lectures

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I am at college ATM studying L3 health and social care and applying for child nursing this year.
    I am hoping to apply for:
    Kings College
    City
    Kingston
    South bank
    Surrey

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also I am in the process of writing my personal statement. Any tips will be helpful
    I am doing as much as possible to make my p.s stand out I. E volunteering and work experience.
    I am so excited for Uni and I love all the preparation for it. What about you guys, how do you feel about going to Uni ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiannaMiller)
    Also I am in the process of writing my personal statement. Any tips will be helpful
    I am doing as much as possible to make my p.s stand out I. E volunteering and work experience.
    I am so excited for Uni and I love all the preparation for it. What about you guys, how do you feel about going to Uni ?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm really excited for it, I'm currently studying health and social care HNC. I'm trying to get experiance and volunteer work now although it's a lot harder than i thought it would be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiannaMiller)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am so excited about university. I am just nervous about not getting into my first few choices. It is exciting researching all the universities and preparing for everything. I've booked onto a load of open days and information sessions so I am excited about finding more about the universities.

Has anyone else been to open days yet? Have they been useful?

How is everyone feeling about the interview stage? I think I interview well, but not sure what to expect from the English and Maths tests (as I mentioned before). Any tips on what people think might come up would be great

ReputationRep:
    i'm just starting my p.s. at a bit of loss. applying for adult but finding it hard to make things relevant, I've done lots of things with children which I hope will show i'm a carer but think I need to get a few weeks in a nursing home or something.<link removed by mod> it seems to suggest that it isn't how much work experience you do but how you reflect on it. This is what I think i'm going to struggle at. Are people getting lots of help from collage / parents as it does seem to be so important...

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    I am just about to start my l.d nursing degree in 2 weeks so if anyone wants any help i can try and throw some advice your way.
    Unfortunately I cannot tell you what interview questions etc I was asked ad it is frowned upon but hopefully I can give you some insight where possible.
    Don't worry about trying to get tons of experience in, it's how you apply yourself and your experience to your application that counts.
    As for your personal statement, remember it has to be individual to you and that you need to show them why you want to do the course you are applying for.
    Best of luck for applications, it was me this time last year! So it can and does happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just finished my A levels and achieved ABB and i'm taking a gap year now and working as a healthcare assistant. I'm applying for adult nursing in September at Southampton, UWE, Bournemouth, oxford brookes and york. It would be great to talk to others who are applying for nursing 2015 entry
    hi glitter fairy.
    Im going to apply to Southampton for adult nursing aswell. Did you go to their open day??
    I was thinking of applying for dual field adult+mental health, but they said at the open day there is only 12 places on that course!!!! So im just sticking with adult as thats what im most interested in.

Im just starting my second yr of an access course at barton peveril and have been working for nhsp at southampton general for about 6 months.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.